What's new

Jazz players in the Olympics

He gave up a gold medal and an Olympic experience for an infinitesimal possibility of an infection that would have no effect on his life, other than a few weeks of safe sex.
Isn't this just speculation though?...We don't know for sure that Hayward would have even made the Olympic team if he didn't take himself out of the running. I have to say Hayward is more deserving to be on the team than Harrison Barnes though...

I swear Coach K is retarded. He gets Draymond Green on Team USA and doesnt use him despite Team USA badly needing defense and ball movement.

Our 12th man is Team Australia's leading scorer against Serbia.

Too bad they're getting their asses kicked.

Wow Serbia blows Aussies out of the gym. So unexpected. 3pt shoot was not kind to Aussies this time.

Aussies will bounce back, they'll learn from this loss and take it out on Spain.
The Serbs had motivation from the last time we beat them, I cant see the Boomers playing badly twice like this.
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI!!

Diaw and Ingles getting big minutes in their respective teams, can't wait to see the ball movement when they're at the court at the same time

Aussies will bounce back, they'll learn from this loss and take it out on Spain.
The Serbs had motivation from the last time we beat them, I cant see the Boomers playing badly twice like this.
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI!!

Wish I had your confidence mate ... Hoping that we'll hit all those shots we missed against Serbs

I swear Coach K is retarded. He gets Draymond Green on Team USA and doesnt use him despite Team USA badly needing defense and ball movement.

Who do you take off the court?

Do you take out DeAndre Jordan and play Draymond as small five? Just like in the NBA it's only a useful move in certain situations. The US gets carved up inside when DeAndre isn't the game.

Do you play him at PF and take out Melo or KD? You lose your stretch 4 offensive mismatch that's been so successful in the last three Olympics.

He's using Draymond as a utility big off the bench which is the right move in my opinion.

Who do you take off the court?

Do you take out DeAndre Jordan and play Draymond as small five? Just like in the NBA it's only a useful move in certain situations. The US gets carved up inside when DeAndre isn't the game.

Do you play him at PF and take out Melo or KD? You lose your stretch 4 offensive mismatch that's been so successful in the last three Olympics.

He's using Draymond as a utility big off the bench which is the right move in my opinion.

Yes, he is way better than Cousins or Jordan. Green shot 39% from deep last year too btw. He is a 4 who can stretch the floor.

He's also better than Carmello.

Yes, he is way better than Cousins or Jordan. Green shot 39% from deep last year too btw. He is a 4 who can stretch the floor.

He's also better than Carmello.

Jordan is a better rim protector. When he's out of the game the United States gets destroyed inside. Draymond may have been 39% from three last year but he's 10% in these Olympics on 1/10 and 21% from the field on 4/19. He's not stretching the floor at all. He's better than Melo who has been one of our leading scorers the last three Olympics? Okay, lol.

That Australia/Spain game felt like a typical close Jazz game last season.

Australia made some clutch plays offensively late, but the refs won the game for Spain with two awful calls that gave Spain 4 FTs in the final minute of a one point win.

Team USA was a bunch of iso, shoot-first players, including the PGs. Hardly any ball movement even when they were winning. Basically, they tried to win with their athleticism and fast hands on defense. It looked like pick-up ball today.

Dude, i can't believe! Olympics is over. This is so sad. Closing Ceremony was fantastic..

By the way.. Jazz were at gold medal game. I present to you, guys... Brazilians Jazz fanz! Plus NBC camera operator recorded us during the chant " Utah Jazz", haha. Durant, Draymond and Melo were being interviewed. Great memories.

Cz2gd_aXUAA5wLV.jpg:large

Last edited: