What's new

Jazz Sign Ekpe Udoh

d6d5db66961e226329a006f985d4062f.jpg

Something tells me he doesn't hate that and it was more the dynamics of how the season went on why they didn't get as many minutes together.

I also think if both are healthy we will see plenty of it. If he thinks that one of the two need to be at center at all times of course that number will drop but not because he doesn't like pairing them.

Cmon man. Everyone thinks it but you. The stats don't back you up

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry, I disagree on both those statements.

Good news is if we dont have a big trade we will find out next season. If he continues to play Favors at the back up 5 then I guess you are right. But I am sure he will be back to playing the 4 and he will play plenty again with Favors. They will close most games together which will be the big sign of how he feels about them together.

The wild card here is Withey. Most of us recognize he's played fairly well in his role here for the past two years but he's actually the guy that Quin, for whatever reason, hasn't wanted to play. I think the whole issue is that Quin tries to keep a rim protector on the floor for the bulk of the game, hence staggering them after the first substitution when they start together. In 2015-2016, who is Quin going to go to off the bench if he doesn't like Withey... Tibor? Here's the thing (and circles this back to the topic of the thread), Quin now has a backup 5 that's versatile and that he would presumably trust with a legit backup role (we haven't had a legit backup 5 for Gobert ever [at least not one that Quin trusts with a consistent role]). This allows Favors and Gobert to rest together because them being off the floor no longer means free passes at the rim.

Sorry, I disagree on both those statements.

Good news is if we dont have a big trade we will find out next season. If he continues to play Favors at the back up 5 then I guess you are right. But I am sure he will be back to playing the 4 and he will play plenty again with Favors. They will close most games together which will be the big sign of how he feels about them together.
I will be shocked if he plays over 28 mpg

I bet Favors gets subbed out early so Jonas/JJ play more combined minutes with Rudy than Favors gets.

Favors goes back in the game to get PF minutes next to Udoh.

I will be shocked if he plays under that if healthy. The only question about Favors is if he can get healthy and stay healthy next year.

That's a bit if. I think Favs could be an all-star if he gets/remains healthy, but if someone told me he would average 28 MPG over the course of next season I would be pretty happy.

There is a possibility Favors shows out and it works, but I just don't see it being very good w/ Rubio as the PG. Need more spacing and if Favors can't provide it he won't get a ton of minutes.

That's a bit if. I think Favs could be an all-star if he gets/remains healthy, but if someone told me he would average 28 MPG over the course of next season I would be pretty happy.
I agree, I'm not sure he can stay healthy. I'm just hopeful of it.

There is a possibility Favors shows out and it works, but I just don't see it being very good w/ Rubio as the PG. Need more spacing and if Favors can't provide it he won't get a ton of minutes.

I agree spacing could become an issue when Rudy and Derrick are on the floor together, but how many MPG would that be? And when they are on the floor together I wonder if Quin could use one big setting screens while the other plays PnR with Rubio? Thats probably a discussion for another thread though as it doesn't have a ton to do with Udoh.

I agree spacing could become an issue when Rudy and Derrick are on the floor together, but how many MPG would that be? And when they are on the floor together I wonder if Quin could use one big setting screens while the other plays PnR with Rubio? Thats probably a discussion for another thread though as it doesn't have a ton to do with Udoh.
Favors has to be in the low to mid 40% in the midrange to make it work IMO. Favors best midrange shooting year thus far was 39% in last years limited time. The two years prior he was 36%.

And yeah, Im sure Quin will do his best to limit their minutes together as much as possible.

If I'm right about 25 mpg for Favors, I expect them to play about 12 mpg together, maybe 15 at the high end.

I just have huge doubts Favors midrange game has another level to it. His FT% is consistently mediocre every year. Bigs who shoot in the 40s from midrange are typically good FT shooters.