What's new

Jazz Sign Royce O'Neale

from Jody Genessy's Twitter:

These recent moves -- Thabo, Jerebko, Udoh, O'Neale -- by the Jazz are not setting up a potential trade, according to sources.

These short-term additions by Jazz are intended to give team flexibility, versatility, depth, more defensive moxy and options for future.

The Jazz are banking on Snyder and developmental staff pull out talent from players with upside. They're looking for "the next Joe Ingles."

Jazz have 16 players under contract -- once signings are official -- and are looking to create competition in camp for final roster spots.

from Jody Genessy's Twitter:

These recent moves -- Thabo, Jerebko, Udoh, O'Neale -- by the Jazz are not setting up a potential trade, according to sources.

These short-term additions by Jazz are intended to give team flexibility, versatility, depth, more defensive moxy and options for future.

The Jazz are banking on Snyder and developmental staff pull out talent from players with upside. They're looking for "the next Joe Ingles."

Jazz have 16 players under contract -- once signings are official -- and are looking to create competition in camp for final roster spots.

This is what I think. There's a chance the Jazz do a trade at the deadline but I doubt they make one before the season starts.

This is interesting and I like it. Take some swings on guys that could be cheap contributors and give ourselves some flexibility for a potential trade. I'm not sure something is on the horizon, but I like that we are using all the roster spots... and even some extra ones.

Also, with the new timeout stuff and being high altitude the more guys we have that can play the better. I'd also love to see us stager the rotation on back to backs... so sit JJ on one of the nights and play Jonas as backup four for more minutes one of the nights. Get as much high quality play as possible.

This is what I think. There's a chance the Jazz do a trade at the deadline but I doubt they make one before the season starts.

So they cut Bolomboy prior to season open then?

It does feel like we are building towards something tradewise. May not be on the horizon but I think there may be conversations happening that get more serious before the season opens.

I like this signing. He's a wing who can shoot the 3 and play defense. If he works out to earn even 10mpg, we have him on the one of the best contracts in the NBA for 3 seasons. To me, this is a very risk free signing for a position everyone needs more of. Look at Cleveland, they have a number of wings and they all make a ton of money (Korver, Shumpert, JR Smith, Jefferson, etc.). If we can find somebody who can contribute who makes $1 million per season, what a great find.

His highlights kinda remind me of Demarre Carroll, a little bit-- another player we snagged from a scrap-heap. Particularly, I like the way he rebounds.

Wont get very many minutes barring injury, but let's see what happens. I trust the Jazz with this sort of stuff.

I think we traded a bunch of non-guaranteed deals to get Felix and a draft pick.

wikipedia seems to imply that you are correct-- drafted by the Cavs, and we sent them a scrap heap (including John Lucas III, RIP) for Felix and a 2nd rounder

It is a 3-year deal but what is the $$$? Maybe it is a rookie minimum deal and the Jazz don't mind eating 1 year if he doesn't make the team.

so sit JJ on one of the nights and play Jonas as backup four for more minutes one of the nights. Get as much high quality play as possible.

I really like that idea

I like this signing. He's a wing who can shoot the 3 and play defense. If he works out to earn even 10mpg, we have him on the one of the best contracts in the NBA for 3 seasons. To me, this is a very risk free signing for a position everyone needs more of. Look at Cleveland, they have a number of wings and they all make a ton of money (Korver, Shumpert, JR Smith, Jefferson, etc.). If we can find somebody who can contribute who makes $1 million per season, what a great find.

can shoot the 3? you sure?