What's new

Jazz Sign Royce O'Neale

We're talking about Griffin now, not O'Neale. O'Neale's 3-point stats have looked better in the pro leagues

All I know is that if Griffin attended a college he was not a shooter while he was there

Link me to the page where you are getting his stats. I go to his Eurobasket page and it says I have to register to see the stats.

Hmm..., you're right. Now when I try it's asking me to subscribe. But I did get in earlier somehow and it gave the same stats as realgm did.

All I know is he was not a shooter at Baylor. Defenders sagged off of him.

I can't speak to his shooting (in)abilities as I've honestly never seen him play, but he was shooting 40% from deep in college on a total of 363 attempts (average 2.7 per game). That's a mighty respectable clip and volume, open or not. If the defense is willing to give up 40% on open threes (if we play devils advocate to say that's where he gets the bulk of his shots), then I'd assume it's a telling indictment of the defensive strategy.

I can't speak to his shooting (in)abilities as I've honestly never seen him play, but he was shooting 40% from deep in college on a total of 363 attempts (average 2.7 per game). That's a mighty respectable clip and volume, open or not. If the defense is willing to give up 40% on open threes (if we play devils advocate to say that's where he gets the bulk of his shots), then I'd assume it's a telling indictment of the defensive strategy.

Yes, he must have shot a lot of open threes. He's always had the height, length, and athleticism for the NBA tho, so any offensive skills he has added or adds will make a rotation player.

His highlights kinda remind me of Demarre Carroll, a little bit-- another player we snagged from a scrap-heap. Particularly, I like the way he rebounds.

Wont get very many minutes barring injury, but let's see what happens. I trust the Jazz with this sort of stuff.

Dala crushed it.

Reread this thread and wow One Love looked really bad in it. Finding talent in the late 1st round of the draft, G-League and undrafted agents has been a core strength of DLs. Basically his argument is to criticize DL for taking a second closer look at some guys with unguaranteed contracts before moving on.

That is exactly what he should be doing. Just amazing lol /facepalm

Reread this thread and wow One Love looked really bad in it. Finding talent in the late 1st round of the draft, G-League and undrafted agents has been a core strength of DLs. Basically his argument is to criticize DL for taking a second closer look at some guys with unguaranteed contracts before moving on.

That is exactly what he should be doing. Just amazing lol /facepalm

If every player isn't a gem, then clearly DL isn't very good at finding them. Duh.

thought Chris Singleton would be good, but then again I also thought George Hill would be a stopgap PG. probably batting somewhere around 0.500