What's new

Jazz Sign Royce O'Neale

This is really good news as is the Griffin two way signing. Both these guys can shoot the three and create for themselves. Particularly like that O'Neale stroke from three - so effortless and uncomplicated. Love all the last minute DL moves but we needed to infuse some scoring to balance out all the defensive stalwarts we signed earlier. These two are greyhounds that can score in bunches. Got to assume that Bolomboy is the odd man out. Love that kid but realistically his game is just way too unpolished IMO.

Chris Johnson 2.0?

Honestly, for the money this wouldn't be a bad outcome. I think DL's philosophy is to rotate through a lot of these types -- have them in for two years or less. If one turns into an Ingles, super! If it's just CJ 2.0, not bad -- at least he helped out a bit, but then you can try someone else.

This is really good news as is the Griffin two way signing. Both these guys can shoot the three and create for themselves. Particularly like that O'Neale stroke from three - so effortless and uncomplicated. Love all the last minute DL moves but we needed to infuse some scoring to balance out all the defensive stalwarts we signed earlier. These two are greyhounds that can score in bunches. Got to assume that Bolomboy is the odd man out. Love that kid but realistically his game is just way too unpolished IMO.

I don't think there's any evidence Griffin can shoot 3s (at least above 30%). I'm also very doubtful that either can really create for themselves at an NBA level beyond taking advantage of straight line-drive opportunities. If they succeed in any measure, it's likely because of someone like Rubio getting the ball to them in spots where they can be effective.

I don't think there's any evidence Griffin can shoot 3s (at least above 30%). I'm also very doubtful that either can really create for themselves at an NBA level beyond taking advantage of straight line-drive opportunities. If they succeed in any measure, it's likely because of someone like Rubio getting the ball to them in spots where they can be effective.
He has shot 35% in every league he has been iirc

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Griffin's a freak athlete and obviously does a lot of things well including the three ball. (Good defender as well.) Spreading the floor will be key for Rubio's efficiency IMO.

So is Ingles. Utah GM is Lindsey, not Ainge. Secretly, I'll bet DL and Bartlestein agree Hayward's a twit. Not going to let that destroy the relationship with the agent or with a different player.

There is no way that the way the GH thing went down that it did not damage the relationship between the Jazz and Bart. And Bart has to know that. It was done in an immature way and the timing really hurt the Jazz. I am not saying the Jazz are messing with Bolomboy because of that but this kind of stuff never goes down easy and the agent knows better and should have intervened. Now he has to publicly defend GH and make statements that aren't true. Good thing Gordo made him millions on the deal.

He has shot 35% in every league he has been iirc

I messed up in looking at his stats, but I don't think "35% in every league" is any more accurate. I guess it's more accurate to say he's been up and down with his 3-point shot:
2012-3: 27.5% (28 games)
2013-4: 38.1% (9 games)
2014-5: 38.7% (14 games Euro); 36.8% (49 games D-League)
2016-7: 28.4% (33 games)
total NBA summer leagues: 23.5%, including 25.0% this year

I still think it would be hard to describe him as a reliable 3-point shooter to this point.

I messed up in looking at his stats, but I don't think "35% in every league" is any more accurate. I guess it's more accurate to say he's been up and down with his 3-point shot:
2012-3: 27.5% (28 games)
2013-4: 38.1% (9 games)
2014-5: 38.7% (14 games Euro); 36.8% (49 games D-League)
2016-7: 28.4% (33 games)
total NBA summer leagues: 23.5%, including 25.0% this year

I still think it would be hard to describe him as a reliable 3-point shooter to this point.
Pretty sure his last year in Israel was 35%

Where're you getting your stats? I'm looking at Realgm.
RealGM doesn't show his overseas league stats.

No site does. There is one where you can pay a fee to get access to all the euro stats, but you can also just find all the individual box scores and do the math.

I did that a few weeks ago and, iirc, he was around 35%

Stats aren't the whole story. Griffin shoots the 3 with an effortless and smooth stroke, which means he has the potential to be a good 3-point shooter.

OK -- perhaps so. I'll be happy if the Jazz can make him into a good, reliable three-point shooter. All I'm saying is that the statistical evidence thus far isn't all that promising.