What's new

Jazzfanz is dead, long live Jazzfanz

Come on, how could you forget about coach? All that has to be in the old jazzfanz hall of fame.

New Jazzfanz sucks ***.

Edit: Just saw this infractions thing. 0/1 what the hell does that mean? Evidently I tried to do something wrong but failed...

Good stuff. I spent most of my time at JazzHoops until they closed it/made it more exclusive (excusivised?). Was Coach the same guy who seemed to be Keith McCloud's dad or something?

Good stuff. I spent most of my time at JazzHoops until they closed it/made it more exclusive (excusivised?). Was Coach the same guy who seemed to be Keith McCloud's dad or something?

His actual coach in high school I believe. McCloud best PG ever. Now cant agree with the Arroyo/Lopez stuff. They were actually pretty good that year. Of course next year Arroyo decided to hold the ball for 24 seconds and Lopez got injured (by the way we might see Lopez again if US and Spain meet in semifinals---apparently put on roster in Calderon's absence). If we kept Mo we probably would have never gotten DWill. So it did not work out to bad.

Wait'll the season starts and we have something to bitch about besides whether or not we should keep Gaines and / or Jeffers.

Jazzfanz really is dead. I remember when I used to get riled up on here and look forward to posting. Guys like Kicky, Trout, Vinylone, and all of the other pansies, like such, really made my day. Now, sadly, (yes, I've typed sadly twice today) not so much. It takes about 10 minutes for a new post to be posted and they are really boring errr stupid. Bring back the controversy (not the hopper crap) and the crappy trade idea threads or something. Please, you gotta help me, boyz.

Alas, Jazzfanz is in its yearly summer semi-hibernation.

You should have been here when it was at its most frenzied when Tufftiger/O Gatinho/Thriller would post daily threads about why the Jazz should draft Jarrett Jack instead of Deron Williams. True bad blood back then.

Tufftiger ... whatever happened to him, or was it a her? I got the feeling the papertiger was a woman, though a very aggressive, masculine woman ... if you know what I mean, not wanting to offend anyone with gender slurs.

Jazzfanz really is dead. Bring back the controversy (not the hopper crap)

....this is an anti-hopper board....has been, always will be! It was anti-hopper before you got here...it will be anti-hopper after you leave! So either get use to it......or switch teams!

Tater,
It's true, I didn't realize the whole fall out with the other board until a friend told me about it. I've been too lazy to register to the new board until today, but it was also because I needed to ask Catzies a question. :D

conrad's back? i think we officially have a quorum. cool.

i think most of these have been covered by other posters, but here is my list of most notable omissions from tater's post down memory lane:

-chris paul vs. deron vs. ray felton with a late charge made by jarret jack. thanks to sjf for quickly converting me from "chrissy" paul to deron and i'm still happy with my felton=mateen cleaves assessment.

-coach's mccleod posts. i'm pretty sure the hug emoticon filed for unemployment benefits after coach stopped posting. also, yb85's coach imitation posts topped anything frank caliendo has ever done.

-the eric pincus experiment. i know tater mentioned boozer, but how could a boozer retrospective not mention best buy, eric pincus (the guy who originated the best buy story) or the fact that eric pincus actually signed up on jazzfanz to defend himself. as i recall it, pincus lasted a solid week at jazzfanz, ever strident in his claims that boozer would be a laker. i guess there's always 2016.

-buckner. that reached 10,000 posts, didn't it? great recreational activity to pass the time while waiting for a response to the latest carlos boozer best buy story. also, can never hear the name ron jeremy without immediately thinking abe froman as a result. added benefit of replacing 1986 as my most immediate association with the word "buckner".

also, a quick shout out to pearl's "rotation" thread on the general board. that got a more extensive and enlightening response than i ever would have anticipated.

Jazzfanz really is dead. I remember when I used to get riled up on here and look forward to posting. Guys like Kicky, Trout, Vinylone, and all of the other pansies, like such, really made my day. Now, sadly, (yes, I've typed sadly twice today) not so much. It takes about 10 minutes for a new post to be posted and they are really boring errr stupid. Bring back the controversy (not the hopper crap) and the crappy trade idea threads or something. Please, you gotta help me, boyz.

Someones opened their eyes since getting some poontang.

Now lets hope that goat ****ing obsession is gone as well.

What a great thread!

Tatermoog, Conrad, Colton, write4u and sirkickyass....wow!!! you guys are still here.

I'm wondering if anyone is still watching/rewatching their John Stockton tribute DVD. I enjoyed passing that along to those lucky enough to win it (like Colton).

Tatermoog...hope your Mini is warmed up and oscillators are tuned...you really need to get one of the new Voyagers....

Conrad...I heard she got married...I always had a crush on her. ** heart flutters **

write4u...I always enjoyed your game synopsis...and I usually agreed with your assessment...

sirkickyass...wow you should be getting royalties from the movie KickAss!!!

Nice to be back for a post...maybe more....

I spent most the day blushing at getting mentioned in the moog's first post (of what will no doubt be the Homeric version of Jazzfanz history, memorized in verse and repeated by my children to their children and their children's goldfish). I feel a little like Penelope waiting for the other shoe to drop now that the old gang is starting to re-materialize. Do I understand that Catzies is still lurking somewhere? Does she have a mojito in one hand? Anyway, what a nice surprise. May it rekindle the kind of vivacity this site used to have now that the season is getting under way.

Tater, you seriously are a talented writer. You should be writing novels or at least cue cards for some journalism TV show. :)

For the record, I thought Moe Williams was a stud, so-to-speak, ever since that one Laker game where he kept hitting all these really tough shots. I can still hear the crowd's surprise and admiration after he'd make one. Of course, it ended up being for the best. I'm also fairly certain that we wouldn't have moved up to get Deron unless we had planned to do the ill-advised dual point guard offense. Even then, we might have settled for Jack instead.

JazzGal, I'm sure Tater only temporarily forgot your legendary obsession with Harping. I wonder how many of those 7352 posts were also related to you? ;)

Finally, do you think the ending of the RMR also triggered the destruction of the old JazzFanz? Maybe the server(s) died of a broken heart? :(

Good stuff, Team Awesome!

-coach's mccleod posts. i'm pretty sure the hug emoticon filed for unemployment benefits after coach stopped posting. also, yb85's coach imitation posts topped anything frank caliendo has ever done.

LOL!!!

And those benefits must be lucrative - maybe that's why it hasn't reappeared in this new board format! I do miss it.

(a poor substitute, I know...)

I just hope we have another 1st round playoff series, or two, with Houston. :D

398779.jpg

summerlovin.jpg

TMAC.jpg

twins.jpg

napoleon_dynamite.jpg

l_71adc1a99d2cbe4a56c0fbaab5fc4f07.jpg

pouting.gif

cobraKai.jpg

dwkk.jpg

Last edited: