JC 4yr/52 Million

stitches

This front office will kill me some day... I don't like this... I don't like anything of what they've done this off-season. Just horrible all around.

Eenie-Meenie

This front office will kill me some day... I don't like this... I don't like anything of what they've done this off-season. Just horrible all around.
I like it and with good reason. Faves wants to be here, he's a solid citizen, he's an outstanding rim protector, great in the pick and roll and can shoot a bit from mid-range. His biggest issue is his back problem. But we only need him to play 20-24 minutes on average. Then we have a young center with awesome potential -- he might have gone four years to college, but he's still only 21. I haven't seen him shoot free throws but for most players it's a matter of practice to improve that.

Now for JC, that was a huge no-brainer. The guy is still young and I think could be as good as Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams.

The other draftee sounds like he could be better than any of our second rounders last year -- will have to wait and see.

Next, I would like to see the Jazz move Conley for a back-up PG and a 3 and D wing. Any suggestions?

So, instead of voicing your displeasure. Can you tell us why you don't like these moves?

LoPo

I like it and with good reason. Faves wants to be here, he's a solid citizen, he's an outstanding rim protector, great in the pick and roll and can shoot a bit from mid-range. His biggest issue is his back problem. But we only need him to play 20-24 minutes on average. Then we have a young center with awesome potential -- he might have gone four years to college, but he's still only 21. I haven't seen him shoot free throws but for most players it's a matter of practice to improve that.

Now for JC, that was a huge no-brainer. The guy is still young and I think could be as good as Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams.

The other draftee sounds like he could be better than any of our second rounders last year -- will have to wait and see.

Next, I would like to see the Jazz move Conley for a back-up PG and a 3 and D wing. Any suggestions?

So, instead of voicing your displeasure. Can you tell us why you don't like these moves?
Re-signing JC was a no brainer. Letting him leave was losing an asset since we could only use the MLE and BAE. So we had to pay him.

Favors is dumb because we need wings. 3 years is dumb. Favors + Udoka is even dumber.

WE NEED WINGS! Titles are won by wings not PF/C.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Eenie-Meenie

Re-signing JC was a no brainer. Letting him leave was losing an asset since we could only use the MLE and BAE. So we had to pay him.

Favors is dumb because we need wings. 3 years is dumb. Favors + Udoka is even dumber.

WE NEED WINGS! Titles are won by wings not PF/C.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Tell that to the Lakers and Rockets.

candrew

When you look at all the moves to get Clarkson in Utah and be in a position to resign him I'd say The Jazz are ahead of the game.

And while I'm sure this will offend the sensibilities of the advance stats geeks around here - Clarkson is just a ****ing fun player to watch.

When he's on he can fill it up like an NBA All-Star.

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Super happy to have JC back. The guy plays as hard as anyone in the league.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
We need him in future years but this is an obvious overpay. We were bidding against nobody. This was the year to get a good deal and use our draft pick to address a need and so far we've done neither.
I think we all think rationally but some of these teams are doing wild **** so who knows. I’m glad we kept him. There were more highs than lows and I enjoy how I know what Jordan is gonna do when he gets on the floor. He’s a non passer but it’s strangely fun for me to watch. His contract makes more sense when Conley walks at season end. It’s a slight over pay.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
After the Udoka pick this all seems like Harvard **** to me. I’m fine with it because my expectations have been properly adjusted after how totally we ****ed up the draft.