What's new

Jonas Waived

Niang has shown a nice stroke from outside. But he’s going to be the worst defender on the team and is probably at best a 13th man.

Bradley doesn’t look like a NBA athlete. No vertical jump. If he ends up in the rotation then we probably aren’t making the playoffs.
You're right. Kept thinking it was cash only for some reason.

Bradley is Collins with Ostertag’s rebounding.

giphy.gif

I don’t have a problem with waiving Jonas. I liked him. But he was limited. Wish him all the best.

But people need to get over thinking that Niang or Bradley improve this team. If either are playing any meaningful minutes next year we are screwed.

Grayson Allen is literally the only player I see from the SL getting NBA rotation mins in the next few years. Even then, I’d be weary about his defensive lapses. People tend to forget that National Basketball Association players (not wannabes from the Summer League) are incredible athletes who can score the hell out of the ball.

Put Grayson out there today and he’s a terrible liability defensively. Even moderately effectively offensive players are going to destroy him. Don’t get me wrong, his offense is there and I love the potential. But even avg players like Rivers, Brown, Nick Young, JR Smith, hell even Rodney Hood are going to destroy his defense let alone elite combo guards like Harden, Klay, curry, Beal, Westbrook, Wall, etc.

Bringing Booker back makes zero sense. Yes, he’s a cool dude but what does he do to improve this team?

So weird

Niang has shown a nice stroke from outside. But he’s going to be the worst defender on the team and is probably at best a 13th man.

Bradley doesn’t look like a NBA athlete. No vertical jump. If he ends up in the rotation then we probably aren’t making the playoffs.

Bradley was always meant as a project when he was drafted. He's shown improvements, and I don't think we're looking at him as a starter any time soon. He could be effective with a 2nd unit in spot minutes here and there (foul trouble for normal bigs).

Bradley was always meant as a project when he was drafted. He's shown improvements, and I don't think we're looking at him as a starter any time soon. He could be effective with a 2nd unit in spot minutes here and there (foul trouble for normal bigs).

Yeah I understand the “project” concept. What I disagree with is the “potential of the project” concept. It really doesn’t matter how hard he works or what improvements he makes. His lack of explosion prevents him from being an NBA player. Sorry

Bringing Booker back makes zero sense. Yes, he’s a cool dude but what does he do to improve this team?

So weird
I know what he brings. We have Ingles, Booker, Allen, Crowder, O'Neale, Favors, Gobert, DM, Sef... That's a pretty good list of pretty tough players, even if you take DM, Favs, and Gobert off.
I can easily see the first 5 really harassing and annoying other teams to the point they do stupid things and it messes up their game plans. I wouldn't hate Booker, even if I'd prefer someone that could shoot the 3 better than 30%. Keep in mind we are looking for someone to fill the 10-15 spots towards the end of the bench. We aren't looking for the next Duncan. I could watch 10-20 mpg from Booker again, he was one of my favorites when he was here.

I do think though that I would have preferred keeping Jonas over Booker. Is it possible Jonas asked to move on to either get more minutes or be on a Houston/LAL/GSW team?

Swedish swish! Man I'm going to miss him. I really liked his play and attitude. That said, I trust the FO to make the right calls on our team. I don't know what the next move is, but I think it will work out okay in the end. Wish JJ the best of luck.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on bringing back Malone? I bet he’d be able to extend his range and give us at least 38% on threes. Could still muscle a lot of rebounds and even play the 5. Sign him on a 1+1 and he may even go for the scoring record.

I don’t have a problem with waiving Jonas. I liked him. But he was limited. Wish him all the best.

But people need to get over thinking that Niang or Bradley improve this team. If either are playing any meaningful minutes next year we are screwed.

Grayson Allen is literally the only player I see from the SL getting NBA rotation mins in the next few years. Even then, I’d be weary about his defensive lapses. People tend to forget that National Basketball Association players (not wannabes from the Summer League) are incredible athletes who can score the hell out of the ball.

Put Grayson out there today and he’s a terrible liability defensively. Even moderately effectively offensive players are going to destroy him. Don’t get me wrong, his offense is there and I love the potential. But even avg players like Rivers, Brown, Nick Young, JR Smith, hell even Rodney Hood are going to destroy his defense let alone elite combo guards like Harden, Klay, curry, Beal, Westbrook, Wall, etc.

Literally no one has said Bradley is team ready. No clue where that came from. As far as Niang, I personally have no problem bringing him up for NBA reps and seeing what happens. If he sucks, we send him back down. If he manages to stick, he can chill on the end of the bench. If he's in playing meaningful minutes, he's either earned them or we're screwed. No in between there.

Literally no one has said Bradley is team ready. No clue where that came from. As far as Niang, I personally have no problem bringing him up for NBA reps and seeing what happens. If he sucks, we send him back down. If he manages to stick, he can chill on the end of the bench. If he's in playing meaningful minutes, he's either earned them or we're screwed. No in between there.

Throughout this thread and the SL thread people saying that he is ready to play. I just responded to a post by Das Jazz about Bradley being ready to play for our second unit. I don’t know if it was in this thread or the other. And I’m about to head out the door to enjoy the Saturday evening to Check which thread it was in.

Yeah I understand the “project” concept. What I disagree with is the “potential of the project” concept. It really doesn’t matter how hard he works or what improvements he makes. His lack of explosion prevents him from being an NBA player. Sorry
There are plenty of NBA players with a lack of explosion, and some that are pretty good. Zach Randolph, Duncan for the last half of his career, Diaw, Dirk, Khris Middelton and others.

His potential isnt super high but Jazz felt like he had solid ability to be a good shooter along with good height. A guy that can shoot, rebound and play decent defense because of his size is a solid player.

I have no idea if he will ever be a starter but I think he was drafted for his potential. Some people thought he could become Aldridge.

There are plenty of NBA players with a lack of explosion, and some that are pretty good. Zach Randolph, Duncan for the last half of his career, Diaw, Dirk, Khris Middelton and others.

His potential isnt super high but Jazz felt like he had solid ability to be a good shooter along with good height. A guy that can shoot, rebound and play decent defense because of his size is a solid player.

I have no idea if he will ever be a starter but I think he was drafted for his potential. Some people thought he could become Aldridge.

Diaw? Dirk? Andyoure comparing them to Bradley? Or just their lack of explosion? I’m just not seeing how this improves the argument when they’re completely different positions and skill sets.

Duncan, Diaw, and Dirk when younger were far more explosive than what you seem to be referring to right now. Plus, their skill sets were lightyears ahead of Bradley.

I think you’re grasping at straws in an attempt to somehow bolster Bradley. He’s a center without a jump shot or ballhandling skills who doesn’t have the athleticism to play in the nba.

Goodbye to the Swedish Swish; one of the all-time greats........................................nicknames, that is.

Udoh has been in Salt Lake all summer. It's clear he's all-in. Still may be cut, but probably not. Bradley will spend almost the entire year with the Stars. With Thabo coming back and Crowder on the team for the entire year, Jazz didn't need a $4M cheerleader.

Niang will take his place. And as someone else said, it gives Utah a little more room under the tax for a deadline trade.

Diaw? Dirk? Andyoure comparing them to Bradley? Or just their lack of explosion? I’m just not seeing how this improves the argument when they’re completely different positions and skill sets.

Duncan, Diaw, and Dirk when younger were far more explosive than what you seem to be referring to right now. Plus, their skill sets were lightyears ahead of Bradley.

I think you’re grasping at straws in an attempt to somehow bolster Bradley. He’s a center without a jump shot or ballhandling skills who doesn’t have the athleticism to play in the nba.

Just the lack of explosion. That isnt a reason he cant become a good player.

I know very little about Bradley and have watched very little of him. I dont really care about him that much but just because he has a lack of explosion does not mean he cant be a good NBA player. Plenty of guys do it, especially when we are talking about bigs. A 7 foot guy with a 7'6" reach doesnt need to have huge explosion to be a good NBA player, but it would be nice to have both. But if he had both he probably would have been a lottery pick.