What's new

Jonas Waived

I liked Jonas and will miss him, but the waive is probably a good decision and I'll take Niang, I think his improvement has been pretty rapid and his work ethic is great. Another guy I'd like to see on the roster is Naz, if Stockton is still on the roster they should waive him and sign Naz. Naz is a great shooter, and has had some great passes during summer league as well. I would like to see them give him an offer sheet for the season. I think he could contribute at times.

I liked Jerebko, not the most talented guy but he always played hared and hustled. With Favors, Crowder and Sefelosha all at the 4 he was never going to get any minutes, so I guess it makes sense to waive him.

Udoh is certainly not going anywhere. Bradley has been too soft to the rim IMO. Still think he's relying on size too much. Niang has shown flashes but nothing that is an improvement over Jerebko. I'd rather see him 2-way this year while we take a gamble on an RFA for a year or two. Money isn't out there and I think we've got a chance to bring in a guy that can compete.

Which is my main point, are you okay with 'settling' on Niang, or do you believe he's a guy that can push those in front of him for a spot? Line them up and let them compete and push each other for a spot. Never be content with a roster or that a guy is set in his 'spot' which is different than a role.

I don't like this. When everyone was hurt during the season he came in and played huge. I'll be upset if we replaced him with Niang. Niang is slow, unathletic, and fouls when he gets beat which is almost every time.

Bad move.

I don't like this. When everyone was hurt during the season he came in and played huge. I'll be upset if we replaced him with Niang. Niang is slow, unathletic, and fouls when he gets beat which is almost every time.

Bad move.

I don't really consider it a good move either.

Bad move.

The Jazz's style of offense lends itself to players who can shoot. Which is about Jonas' only strong suit. Jonas straight disappeared in the playoffs and shot a raging .166 from 3 in the OKC series. I like Jonas, don't get me wrong, but we have players to cover backup 4 minutes. Niang has done well in SL and it also gives the Jazz some flexibility in 10 days contracts. Don't make this more than it really is. If the Jazz are convinced Niang can play, I'll trust their judgement.

The Jazz's style of offense lends itself to players who can shoot. Which is about Jonas' only strong suit. Jonas straight disappeared in the playoffs and shot a raging .166 from 3 in the OKC series. I like Jonas, don't get me wrong, but we have players to cover backup 4 minutes. Niang has done well in SL and it also gives the Jazz some flexibility in 10 days contracts. Don't make this more than it really is. If the Jazz are convinced Niang can play, I'll trust their judgement.
I mean he took 4 3 point shots in that series and really only got actual minutes in game 2 where he scored 10 points in 13 minutes. But his defense was very bad and got him pulled quick. We just have better players that needed minutes over him. He was great when we had injuries in the regular season.

I like him but I am fine if we are going to give his spot to someone with more upside or chase a FA.

Here’s the thing that chaps my ***:

We aren’t at the tax. Maybe we feel like Jonas was too much money, but he’s a great locker room guy and was a good soldier. We don’t have a real four besides Favors, let alone one that can stretch a bit. If it’s about using his roster spot for Niang, then that’s no beef with Niang. My beef is with the Bradley situation. Last year we waived Bolomboy and this year Jonas — two guys who can have roles and contribute. Instead we occupy a roster spot with Bradley who won’t/can’t get off the floor and who we can’t develop. If we had a redo at 2017 draft I may prefer to have taken Cash Considerations.

Bolomboy had his chance to performed and failed miserably. Jazz fans way overrate him. I wish Jonas all the luck. He seemed to perform when asked upon to do so. People's outrage is a little over the top we are talking about an end of the bench guy. I'll wait to see who they sign before I get too upset about the move.

Bradley is often getting stuffed by smaller summer league players. And some of you think he’s going to survive in the National Basketball Association? And btw, clubs and trainers can’t change someone’s vertical. Sure a slight improvement is possible. But Bradley had the worst vertical in his draft class by 3 inches. That’s embarrassing. He’s a bust in today’s athletic league. Should’ve traded that pick for cash or a future pick.

Bradley is often getting stuffed by smaller summer league players. And some of you think he’s going to survive in the National Basketball Association? And btw, clubs and trainers can’t change someone’s vertical. Sure a slight improvement is possible. But Bradley had the worst vertical in his draft class by 3 inches. That’s embarrassing. He’s a bust in today’s athletic league. Should’ve traded that pick for cash or a future pick.
We bought that pick, so it didn't cost an asset. It's a crapshoot that late anyway.

Honestly I say waive them both. Bring up Bradley and Gorgeous George.

Gobert/Bradley
Favors/Crowder/Niang
Ingles/Sefolosha/O’Neale
Mitchell/Allen/Burks
Rubio/Exum/Neto

I liked Jonas, but I would be happy with this. Both Bradley and Gorgeous George have shown big improvements in SL from what I have watched.

We bought that pick, so it didn't cost an asset. It's a crapshoot that late anyway.

I think when you can, go for the athlete. Bradley is so woefully unathletic that I’m not sure what we were thinking. Hell, would’ve been better to draft Jordan Bell and at least have him entertain the crowd with dunks. Bradley is worthless. It’s 2018 not 1988. Bradley has good size but is just way too stiff. At best he’s a Collins twin. Yikes

I liked Jonas, but I would be happy with this. Both Bradley and Gorgeous George have shown big improvements in SL from what I have watched.

Niang has shown a nice stroke from outside. But he’s going to be the worst defender on the team and is probably at best a 13th man.

Bradley doesn’t look like a NBA athlete. No vertical jump. If he ends up in the rotation then we probably aren’t making the playoffs.

I think when you can, go for the athlete. Bradley is so woefully unathletic that I’m not sure what we were thinking. Hell, would’ve been better to draft Jordan Bell and at least have him entertain the crowd with dunks. Bradley is worthless

Won't argue with that. Was just pointing out is didn't cost us Bball related.

Niang has shown a nice stroke from outside. But he’s going to be the worst defender on the team and is probably at best a 13th man.

Bradley doesn’t look like a NBA athlete. No vertical jump. If he ends up in the rotation then we probably aren’t making the playoffs.
Bradley is Collins with Ostertag’s rebounding.