What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
If it was robust, Celtics would have dealt him. I'm sure there are a lot of teams who would want him, just not any willing to pay Ainge's price.
No, its robust so he is swimming in offers and has to evaluate them all.

He has 3 players he is considering in trades and only needs to trade one of them. Its a hard decision and he has to evaluate all his options, which there are surely plenty.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Crowder is on a ridiculously cheap deal. He wants to be moved, Ainge wants to move him. Teams should be lining up. Why aren't they? Cuz he ain't R.C. Buford, he ain't Sam Presti. These guys have scored big wins and nobody hates them for it cuz they lack the vindictive desire that Ainge has. They want to win but it isn't their goal to **** you. Noone views them as a cheap used car salesman. Ainge wants to **** you and laugh at you behind your back. Every GM knows it so they are going to be reluctant to shop there until everything is on a killer sale.
How do you know what teams are doing? You have their phones tapped?

I've posted the same thing several times here, and I agree that Ainge is irritating GMs to the point they go out of their way not to deal with him. I'd be surprised if every GM in the league is going to refuse to deal with him at this point, though.

I believe DA overvalues his assets to the point nobody wants to pay his price, but that doesn't mean we have leverage. There are multiple options here for the Celtics. It would be smarter for DA to sell Smart or Bradley cheap, since he isn't going to get much for them anyway. I just don't see, out of all the options they have, why they have to sell cheap on their best asset of the 3.

1) cuz Crowder is pissed
2) Cuz Hayward is a diva
3) cuz you already replaced Crowder bur have not Smart or Bradley
4)You have 7 picks in the next 3 years and you need a "I win you kinda win" deal to add to your reputation

1) cuz Crowder is pissed
2) Cuz Hayward is a diva
3) cuz you already replaced Crowder bur have not Smart or Bradley
4)You have 7 picks in the next 3 years and you need a "I win you kinda win" deal to add to your reputation

1) Agree. No way Crowder stays with Boston.

2) I hope so. But there is a chance that Hayward has no interest in applying any pressure. Specially that it would mean his new team loses an asset.

3) I agree given 1. Otherwise, I'd think Crowders contract makes more of a keeper than, say, Smart.

4) Speculative, but not unrealistic. I hope Ainge sees it this way.

Players have been pissy before and been brought back and had things ironed out.

I think he is the likely traded member of the 3, but I don't think its 100%

No way. He's been dissatisfied for months, and they just brought in Hayward. While anything is possible, I'd rule out ironing things out if I was any of the parties involved.

1) Agree. No way Crowder stays with Boston.

2) I hope so. But there is a chance that Hayward has no interest in applying any pressure. Specially that it would mean his new team loses an asset.

3) I agree given 1. Otherwise, I'd think Crowders contract makes more of a keeper than, say, Smart.

4) Speculative, but not unrealistic. I hope Ainge sees it this way.

2) let me rephrase Hayward is a cowardly chump who doesn't have the wherewithal to cope with Crowder for long. He is a wet willy getting spineless diva who didn't have the guts to call DL(pretty level headed dude). Crowder took on his own fanbase for chearing for Hayward. GH wants Crowder gone as much as if not more than he wants out.

No way. He's been dissatisfied for months, and they just brought in Hayward. While anything is possible, I'd rule out ironing things out if I was any of the parties involved.
Its been done in the past. These are grown professionals. Convince Crowder that Hayward isn't taking his spot, but just becoming the starting PF.

Its not like the East has any PF Hayward or Crowder can't guard. They could start next to each other.

And like I said, I think you are right and Crowder will be the one traded, but Ainge has to explore every possibility and at least talk to Crowder and get his thoughts and not just assume its a non repairable relationship.

Why? The Jazz don't have to sign any of these guys. Better off rolling with what we got and trying out some D-League guys.

Agree. We aren't going to be a contender by tying up money for a 30 yr old or some middling replacement. Though it's a step back, both Hood and Exum need to be evaluated. And that can only be done through playing time. Exum may not start, but he can still get 25-30 minutes. Hood can play 30+ as Hayward's replacement. If he's up to the task, Jazz will have to match a big offer. Same is true for Exum.

I don't want to give up a 1st round pick for Crowder. We're going to need our picks more than ever. So the sign and trade doesn't happen and we roll with what we have. I can live with that. And Betrayward loses out on millions. All the better. Screw Danny Ainge. Front offices have long memories. And Ainge has been making himself very unpopular with half the offices in the NBA.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...and-trade-reportedly-stalls-cap-space-sought/

Looks like Go Awayward isn't pushing hard enough to get a sign and trade done. Does he not realize that owners and GM's and least of all those annoying and inconvenient peon fans are people too? The largest and most loyal fan base he has ever had deserve to be treated the way that he would want to be treated. Does he not read his wife's Instagram, or are they both just all talk for the public? If for whatever reason in two years if Ainge decides to hang Hayward out on the trade block for weeks, maybe he would want one more team to have some interest in him? Just a thought...

[tweet]883285464379256833[/tweet]

I don't want to give up a 1st round pick for Crowder. We're going to need our picks more than ever. So the sign and trade doesn't happen and we roll with what we have. I can live with that. And Betrayward loses out on millions.

If they clear their trash, Haywood's deal will probably be only 300 k less. Not sure if that is per, but either way he won't lose out on millions.

This is why Utah never had any great leverage like some thought. Too many options for Boston to work things out. It only makes sense that just about any player would take a cut that small on a contract that big. Even if they can't clear their trash, Hayward's cut isn't going to be very big.

Rumor has it that Ainge wanted a 1st and Exum, while DL wasn't willing to add anyone more than Neto or Bolomboy. I'm glad DL stuck his ground, but if we could have had him for a protected pick, that would have been worth it for the team for sure. Sounds dead though.

Last edited:
[tweet]883285464379256833[/tweet]

If they clear their trash, Haywood's deal will probably be only 300 k less. Not sure if that is per, but either way he won't lose out on millions.

This is why Utah never had any great leverage like some thought. It only makes sense that just about any player would take a cut that small. Even if they can't clear their trash, Hayward's cut isn't going to be very big.

Rumor has it that Ainge wanted a 1st and Exum, while DL wasn't willing to add anyone more than Neto or Bolomboy. I'm glad DL stuck his ground, but if we could have had him for a protected pick, that would have been worth it for the team for sure. Sounds dead though.
All we had is Hayward's word to demand a S&T. Obviously can't count on that.

I don't want to give up a 1st round pick for Crowder. We're going to need our picks more than ever. So the sign and trade doesn't happen and we roll with what we have. I can live with that. And Betrayward loses out on millions. All the better. Screw Danny Ainge. Front offices have long memories. And Ainge has been making himself very unpopular with half the offices in the NBA.

We need Crowder more than we need a future pick. His energy, and toughness will go a long way for us. He's a guy that will go
all out, and play his heart out.

Trust me we want this guy.

All we had is Hayward's word to demand a S&T. Obviously can't count on that.

Yeah... we over here like hey Hayward help us out... he over there like... okay how about this... I will take another paycut to help the team. Small paycut, but I'm sure he'd never do it for use.

The good news is we will have zero guilt/reservations about loathing this guy and booing him for the rest of his career.

We need Crowder more than we need a future pick. His energy, and toughness will go a long way for us. He's a guy that will go
all out, and play his heart out.

Trust me we want this guy.

Ainge wants a first and Exum. Look Crowder is good, but it is not like he's an amazingly unique all star. He is great for his contract, but if that is the price then eff you ainge... we will shop elsewhere and find the next Crowder.

Not to mention over half of the team is involved in trade speculation and it is continually being dragged on. There is going to be multiple players that aren't happy being brought back. Some things may get ironed out, but not everything.

WOJ just tweeted this: "The Boston Celtics are finalizing a trade to send Avery Bradley to Detroit, league sources tell ESPN."

Edit: Detroit is sending the Celtics Marcus Morris. Clippers and Lakers were prominent in talks until the end.

He has 3 players he is considering in trades and only needs to trade one of them.

Again, this doesn't sound true. He has to clear a lot more space than one of the discussed trade chips would clear. Utah has the advantage because he would only have to clear one with us because he'd be acquiring Hayward in a sign and trade.

If he's dumping players elsewhere, then he's gutting his bench. Way more than one traded asset.

Where am I wrong?