What's new

Game Thread Jun 12, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 06-12-21

For all the superstition talk, where is fish ***?

Clips shot 58% in game 3 vs. mavs. Their highest in that series. We need to close out their perimeter shooters.

Agreed. We looked completely lost out there when the Clippers went to zone. Gonna be a big coaching night for Quin. I really hope we're prepared for the zone.

That's one thing I loved about Jerry's teams, They knew how to break down the zone. They had such a well-run offense in that regard. I remember that Warriors series from 2007 and zone became worthless because the Jazz were so effective getting the ball inside.
It should be fairly easy. Not the NBA I know but I love when teams go zone in rec league. If guys are smart it’s a few quick passes and an open three. We just have to make quicker decisions.

The other thing is Rudy/Royce/Favs should do well on the offensive glass.

And dear god please don’t pass down the middle of a zone. That pass got picked twice. Have to use angles... too many guys have a chance to steal a pass like that. Sliding Bojan to the free throw area and raising the big should also open some stuff up.

Basically... if they have issues with it again it’s a coaching thing. It’s a change up defense not a bread and butter scheme in the nba for a reason.

Side note... I like how Kawhi doesn’t catch any of the judgement. I get that he’s won rings but he tends to float a bit as well. Yet it seems like people think they struggle to be consistent despite Kawhi always being locked in. Last year he was pretty off the last game too. This series he’s been subdued.

I think the first few minutes of the game are going to be key for momentum. If they come out swinging and get the crowd riled up it could be a long night.

We need to open exactly how we've been by taking it right to them with ill intent and no fear.

Donovan has been playing like he's the best player in this series and that may be true
But he needs to come out tonight and prove it

Only 1 or 2 things off of my routine.

My other big thing is that I am to be left alone to watch by myself, just me and my Jazz. Absolutely no room or reason for the wife to be in earshot of the game or we lose!
Have you like built a shed in the backyard for her to stay in until the game is over?

I think the first few minutes of the game are going to be key for momentum. If they come out swinging and get the crowd riled up it could be a long night.

We need to open exactly how we've been by taking it right to them with ill intent and no fear.
Yeah, if the cardboard cutouts start getting rowdy I'd say the Jazz might be in trouble.

Yeah, if the cardboard cutouts start getting rowdy I'd say the Jazz might be in trouble.
So two things... it will be quiet... most the noise is manufactured. Second... they almost have a bubble setup and I think it lends itself well to teams that shoot well... so I expect both teams to shoot well tonight... winner is likely in the 120s.

I think their home court kinda works against them. Or it’s basically a neutral site.

Clips fans suck anyway... I remember I was tempted to go to game 7 during the lob city years... schedule didn’t workout... but I checked for tickets on the secondary market... they were below face... for freaking game 7. Lame *** fans.

I do think Don is a little nicked up so if we come out and go way down I would support folding up shop early to manage minutes.

Are we really sure that there is this great desire to see the Clippers in the finals? Has anyone ever met a Clippers fan? Are there people out there that consider Kawhi their favorite player an absolutely HAVE to watch him play? He's good, but he isn't really must watch television.

Are we really sure that there is this great desire to see the Clippers in the finals? Has anyone ever met a Clippers fan? Are there people out there that consider Kawhi their favorite player an absolutely HAVE to watch him play? He's good, but he isn't really must watch television.
The expectation that people want to see good, competitive basketball with star power. Everyone has been told the the west runs through LAC and LAL and this team, along with the Lakers, were crowned champions the summer before covid.

Definitely not. We were down 15 at one point in Game 1.
15 ain’t no thing... I’m talking you go down 30 in the first half or 20 plus after halfway through the third... don’t burn out trying to get it to 8 only to lose by 12-15 and play your guys 40 minutes.

So two things... it will be quiet... most the noise is manufactured. Second... they almost have a bubble setup and I think it lends itself well to teams that shoot well... so I expect both teams to shoot well tonight... winner is likely in the 120s.

I think their home court kinda works against them. Or it’s basically a neutral site.

Clips fans suck anyway... I remember I was tempted to go to game 7 during the lob city years... schedule didn’t workout... but I checked for tickets on the secondary market... they were below face... for freaking game 7. Lame *** fans.
They aren't below face value now.