What's new

Game Thread Jun 12, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 06-12-21

I'll be stupidly honest: I'm already in the camp that the Jazz is going to win this series. I get it's not a given, but I really do think they pull this out. So, my focus is getting this series over as quickly as possible since the Suns look destined to sweep the Nuggets.

My concern at the moment isn't the Jazz blowing a 2-0 lead but the Jazz getting into a six or seven game series before advancing, while the Suns pretty much get a week off to rest up.

Of course, the longer we let LAC hang around, the easier it becomes for the Jazz to blow this. So, we've really got two fantastic reasons to lock this series up ASAP.

I'll be stupidly honest: I'm already in the camp that the Jazz is going to win this series. I get it's not a given, but I really do think they pull this out. So, my focus is getting this series over as quickly as possible since the Suns look destined to sweep the Nuggets.

My concern at the moment isn't the Jazz blowing a 2-0 lead but the Jazz getting into a six or seven game series before advancing, while the Suns pretty much get a week off to rest up.

Of course, the longer we let LAC hang around, the easier it becomes for the Jazz to blow this. So, we've really got two fantastic reasons to lock this series up ASAP.
I think you speak for many, including myself.

I mean, anyone who saw the part about him being questionable yesterday could have told you that. Questionable means he ain't playing.

I really hope this isn't more serious than many think it is and that the Jazz is just getting him as rested as needed for the WCF. I know some have said the Jazz won't play him until they lose but yeesh.

I put $20 on us beating the spread.

Kind of an interesting spread since, in SLC, the Jazz never seemed to be more than 4 point favorites vs the Clippers.

So, here's the thing, though. If he isn't back until the WCF is that because they're going to risk it and sit him expecting Utah to still win or is he unable to play atm?

If it's the latter, and Utah either wins this series Monday or Wednesday (so sweep or in five), and the Suns sweep the Nuggets, will he be ready to go for game one of the WCF, which could be as early as Wednesday?

If he's not, if he still needs at least a week to heal, do we want to wrap up this series so quickly with the Clippers knowing we could be playing the first two games of the WCF without Conley?

If the LAC series goes 6 or 7, it becomes more challenging, for sure, and more risky for the Jazz to lose, but could mean a fully healthy Conley if they advance.

If that's the reality here, Conley really needing more time to rest, then a quick series with the Clippers could put the Jazz in a 0-2 hole vs the Suns before he even returns.

I believe Pat Beverley will play a pivotal role in this 3rd game one way or the other

I feel like if Utah can win the minutes Beverley is on the floor they will blow them out..

I will be surprised if we win tonight. The casualness of the Clips kills them at times and I doubt they have those stretches tonight. I also dont see us sweeping them. Would love to win it in 5 games which I think is our best case scenario. Would love to be wrong.

Good news is that the jazz record without conley is actually better than their record with conley.
Hydra

So, here's the thing, though. If he isn't back until the WCF is that because they're going to risk it and sit him expecting Utah to still win or is he unable to play atm?

If it's the latter, and Utah either wins this series Monday or Wednesday (so sweep or in five), and the Suns sweep the Nuggets, will he be ready to go for game one of the WCF, which could be as early as Wednesday?

If he's not, if he still needs at least a week to heal, do we want to wrap up this series so quickly with the Clippers knowing we could be playing the first two games of the WCF without Conley?

If the LAC series goes 6 or 7, it becomes more challenging, for sure, and more risky for the Jazz to lose, but could mean a fully healthy Conley if they advance.

If that's the reality here, Conley really needing more time to rest, then a quick series with the Clippers could put the Jazz in a 0-2 hole vs the Suns before he even returns.
You don’t tank playoff games for any reason.

You don’t tank playoff games for any reason.
I never said tank, tho?

I only pointed out how we're all cheering for a quick series but it may be advantageous for the Jazz, if Conley really isn't good to go, to have this series go longer so they can get him fully healed up before the WCF.

Clearly, I'm hoping Utah wins today and Monday to sweep the Clippers but no doubt, a quick series end could also mean opening the WCF without Conley and that scares me more than the Clippers series going six or seven games.

I never said tank, tho?

I only pointed out how we're all cheering for a quick series but it may be advantageous for the Jazz, if Conley really isn't good to go, to have this series go longer so they can get him fully healed up before the WCF.

Clearly, I'm hoping Utah wins today and Monday to sweep the Clippers but no doubt, a quick series end could also mean opening the WCF without Conley and that scares me more than the Clippers series going six or seven games.
This series going 7 games means that we might not even play the Suns. It also means that the Clippers have fully taken over the momentum in the series.

No thanks.

This series going long scares me more than starting the next series without Conley. The more of these intense, physical and emotional games the Jazz play the bigger the chance that it'll be more than just Conley on the injured list.