What's new

Just found out Jeff Malone lives in a budget apartment complex near my home

sirkickyass

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
The dude made $12 million during his NBA career (and that's early 90's dollars). How does this happen?

I'm tempted to ask if he wants to stay in my guest room so I can ask him questions about all the swear words he learned from Jerry Sloan.

I think the answer is.. Most athletes agree dumbasses when it comes to money

Jeff Malone was one of the best off balance shooters ever in the NBA. He was money anywhere on the court within 15-18' from the basket. Never really had 3-point range though... With his sweet stroke, I'm surprised he couldn't land a job as a shooting coach somewhere in the NBA.

Does he have other issues like drug or alcohol problems?

plot twist: He donates 90% of his investment income to charity, lives off the 10% in the budget home.

Reactions: BTP
At the time when Stockton couldn't shoot, Eaton couldn't hook, Karl Malone could only make a shot if he was 2 feet from the rim (including freethrows), this guy was the most consistent. Favorite player at the time. Sad indeed. I tried to mimic his dribble behind the back fall away.

this-day-06-25.jpg

Doesn't sound like Malone was a slouch or dumb money:

Back in March, Gregg Ellis of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal (and his Inside Mississippi State Sports blog) briefly caught up with Malone who is now living in Chandler, Arizona (a suburb of Phoenix) and owning his own fuel distribution company. Here’s to remembering the accolades and basketball career of Jeff Malone.

He also coached from '98 to '07.

I guessing it's a bad business transaction or poor luck that's put him on the downside of financial life.

https://bulldogmaroonwhite.wordpres...all-career-a-mississippi-state-bulldog-great/

He seemed like an intelligent, well educated guy to me. I'm not surprised to hear that lots of NBA stars lose all of their money, but I'm very surprised to hear that Jeff Malone might have.

The dude made $12 million during his NBA career (and that's early 90's dollars). How does this happen?

I'm tempted to ask if he wants to stay in my guest room so I can ask him questions about all the swear words he learned from Jerry Sloan.

obvs invite him over yabish

You kicking Fes out that quickly?