What's new

Just found out Jeff Malone lives in a budget apartment complex near my home

Are u old enough to have even watched him actually play?? He had one of the deadliest midrange games in the history of the NBA. And was our money player in the fourth quarter

Unfortunately, yes. Ok Thee, pop quiz. There are 3 types of people who would dispute JM being a chucker: Those who never saw him play, those who saw him, but were too young to remember his chuckiness, and those who saw him play, but are now too old to remember what they ate for breakfast, let alone the chuckivity of Jeff Malone.

The guy was a shameless chucker. That doesn't mean he wasn't good when his shot was falling, because he was. Unfortunately, he had absolutely no feel for when his shot was off, and he shot the Jazz out of just as many games as he helped win. If you do a search of his name, you'll probably find multiple references from me to Trey Burke over the last 2 years. Every player has games when their shot is off, but JM was the type who could miss 10 in a row, and still refuse to pass because he always thought every shot was the beginning of his next hot streak. I'm not saying he was a bad player, but IMO a very selfish player who never thought in terms of helping the team win, other than scoring.

Unfortunately, yes. Ok Thee, pop quiz. There are 3 types of people who would dispute JM being a chucker: Those who never saw him play, those who saw him, but were too young to remember his chuckiness, and those who saw him play, but are now too old to remember what they ate for breakfast, let alone the chuckivity of Jeff Malone.

The guy was a shameless chucker. That doesn't mean he wasn't good when his shot was falling, because he was. Unfortunately, he had absolutely no feel for when his shot was off, and he shot the Jazz out of just as many games as he helped win. If you do a search of his name, you'll probably find multiple references from me to Trey Burke over the last 2 years. Every player has games when their shot is off, but JM was the type who could miss 10 in a row, and still refuse to pass because he always thought every shot was the beginning of his next hot streak. I'm not saying he was a bad player, but IMO a very selfish player who never thought in terms of helping the team win, other than scoring.

KM was the same way, but u lived with it because both were damned good, and JM shot us to way more victories then losses. He was also one of the best 4th quarter players in the NBA during his time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's related to Eric Holder. He'll be fine.

KM was the same way, but u lived with it because both were damned good, and JM shot us to way more victories then losses. He was also one of the best 4th quarter players in the NBA during his time.

This is an odd argument. I see almost no similarities between KM and JM's games. In other news, what was it that I had for breakfast this morning? Oh yeah... I haven't eaten yet.

IDK. He averaged 15 shots a game and made over 50% of his shots (career 48%). I'm not sure I'd call that chucking. If I have a shooting guard shooting at 50% I'd want him taking at least that many shots. Hayward takes the same number and shoots 44%. He may have had is off nights, but that's pretty solid.

IDK. He averaged 15 shots a game and made over 50% of his shots (career 48%). I'm not sure I'd call that chucking. If I have a shooting guard shooting at 50% I'd want him taking at least that many shots. Hayward takes the same number and shoots 44%. He may have had is off nights, but that's pretty solid.
Good call

He wasn't just a chucker, but a shameless one. I'm glad you brought up Hayward. Anybody can have an off night. How many times have you seen Hayward go 2 for 22? When his shot is off, he doesn't just keep jacking up brick after brick after brick, he passes the ball to someone else who might not be shooting like *** that night. Like I said before, I'm not saying Malone wasn't a good player at times, but that he had absolutely no conscience about shooting his team out of games. Again, Trey Burke did a great impression of Jeff over the last two years. You have a point about the coaching being partly to blame, but even then, most players have some sense of when they are having an off night, and don't want to embarrass themselves or annoy their teammates by playing selfishly. Malone never had that.

Karl was nothing close to Jeff in the chucking department. By the way, what did you have for breakfast today?

His uncle.
I'm having a very hard time believing that he actually lives in a discount apartment near Kicky. It might just be a guy who looks like JM. He never seemed like the sort of knucklehead who would burn through millions and end life destitute, and learning that he has very successful relatives makes me think it's even more unlikely.