What's new

Kanter traded to OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nba.com/jazz/video/archive#

Lol the Hayward interview. When asked how hard it is to lose two teammates Hayward basiaclly says Novak was one of his best teammates ever and he played with Kanter for 4 years. Couldn't think of a compliment about Kanter other than he got to play with God for 4 years.

Lol the Hayward interview. When asked how hard it is to lose two teammates Hayward basiaclly says Novak was one of his best teammates ever and he played with Kanter for 4 years. Couldn't think of a compliment about Kanter other than he got to play with God for 4 years.

Haha, I got a chuckle out of that too.

Reading between the lines = Turkish people are lame

Yeah - Hayward is one of the best NBA players at subtly throwing shade. He did it with Corbin and this is his second time in a week doing it with Kanter. Cracks me up every time.

Hahaha.. oh you know about that? Asians do look younger for some reason...

Everyone knows about that.

Here's a handy chart (albeit for women):

average_asian_woman_aging.jpg

People that think Kanter will develop into an all star in OKC have lost their mind. Kanter is basically Carlos Boozer lite. Granted Boozer did have some great years, but at the end of the day was a Carlos Boozer ever going to win you a ring? no. Boozer played the same amount of defense Kanter and Big al played.

I was so sick and tired of seeing the ball being fed down low to kanter only to watch a wide open player on the 3 point line get totally missed. Kanter black hole offense will not be missed. Also I won't miss Kanter settin 3-4 illegal screens a game and causing 3 more head scratching turn overs.

Two observations: One, Jazz are a class organization who are saying all the right things about Enes, nothing about his shortcomings, character, etc. Two, in interviews, Jazz seem to be polite and not terribly convincing in saying these nice things. Example, watch yesterday's QS interview, contrast his enthusiasm on remarks about Novak versus polite responses on EK. Guesswork,but I think DL and QS knew he was not a great fit long-term. Someone on NBA lockdown said EK was sometimes a "space cadet" on the floor. The Jazz identity they are trying to establish is that of an unselfish, smart, pass-focussed team. EK was not a great fit and DL knew it. Good trade.

Two observations: One, Jazz are a class organization who are saying all the right things about Enes, nothing about his shortcomings, character, etc. Two, in interviews, Jazz seem to be polite and not terribly convincing in saying these nice things. Example, watch yesterday's QS interview, contrast his enthusiasm on remarks about Novak versus polite responses on EK. Guesswork,but I think DL and QS knew he was not a great fit long-term. Someone on NBA lockdown said EK was sometimes a "space cadet" on the floor. The Jazz identity they are trying to establish is that of an unselfish, smart, pass-focussed team. EK was not a great fit and DL knew it. Good trade.

I think Quin genuinely liked Kanter and liked his defensive effort. He did get better defensively over the season. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Kanter's lack of passing drove him mad.

"Every move we make is with the goal of getting the Phoenix Suns to a championship level," McDonough said. "Sometimes, players view that as a good thing. I think they usually do. The good ones do. But, sometimes, players get a little selfish and are more worried about I, me and my than us, our and we."

Suns GM is implying: McD is implying that Dragic is both selfish and not a good player ("the good ones do"). Would never come from DL.

(Although I do remember LHM saying something asinine, thanking the Bulls for taking Brewer and Korver off their hands. Yeah well, nobody is perfect and the Miller kids seem to generally have better control of their emotions than their Dad did. )

People that think Kanter will develop into an all star in OKC have lost their mind. Kanter is basically Carlos Boozer lite. Granted Boozer did have some great years, but at the end of the day was a Carlos Boozer ever going to win you a ring? no. Boozer played the same amount of defense Kanter and Big al played.

I was so sick and tired of seeing the ball being fed down low to kanter only to watch a wide open player on the 3 point line get totally missed. Kanter black hole offense will not be missed. Also I won't miss Kanter settin 3-4 illegal screens a game and causing 3 more head scratching turn overs.

Kanter is nowhere near the player Boozer was.

I can see Kanter having a Chris Kaman type career - a sought after big because he can score but ultimately never quite fitting in anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.