What's new

KOC be gone

Still centered around an Al and Millsap offense that doesn't really work with various prospects who don't get enough minutes and stopgaps at every position.
The Jazz have had a top 10 offense both this season and last season.

Drafted Millsap in the second round he is probably moving on after the season. Evans doesn't play. Burks hardly plays. Hayward is a bench player because he can't handle the mantel of being our future. Murpy is a nobody. Kanter hardly plays. Carroll is now on the bench again. Everyone will blame Corbin but look KOC isn't making his job easy. KOCs job is secure no matter what he does or doesn't do. Corbin on the other hand has to win in order to keep his job. If you were in Corbin's position you would play Al and Sap over the young guys also.
-

Everything you're responding to is because of Corbin, NOT KOC. And I wouldn't start Jefferson - I'd start Millsap, but not Jefferson. Favors would play above Jefferson. My point is KOC put together a talented team. That's why the Jazz are stacked with bigs and have one of the best benches in the NBA.

The Jazz have had a top 10 offense both this season and last season.
People might confuse that you are happy there was no trade using logic and rational thought. However I am guessing you do wish there was a trade your just pointing out flaws in other peoples opinions.

I do wish there was a trade but don't think not making one is a reason to go all fire Kevin O'long Lindsey. Look how many trades happened and that should tell you how tough and how few teams seemed to make deals.

-

Everything you're responding to is because of Corbin, NOT KOC. And I wouldn't start Jefferson - I'd start Millsap, but not Jefferson. Favors would play above Jefferson. My point is KOC put together a talented team. That's why the Jazz are stacked with bigs and have one of the best benches in the NBA.
You misunderstand MA used to go by KOC Be Gone and is a KOC hater, him being fired wouldn't even make him happy, his hate goes far beyond rational. It is up there with Dutch and AJ hate.

I'm curious as to why you think we'll bring Mo back?

Tinsley & Watson have proved to be more than sufficient for us, given what Burks & Hayward also give us.

If we draft Burke - Tinsley starts, Burke & Watson off the bench. That's plenty IMO with Burks also stepping in if need be.
Because he and KOC almost had to get a room after their press conference: KOC admitting that letting Mo leave was his biggest mistake. Mo said he hoped to be play here for a long time. And KOC said "that's the plan." Or maybe that was the other way around. In any case, this wasn't a "one and done" scenario. The injury does nothing to change the way they feel about Mo and his veteran leadership.

I think Burks' emergence makes this an even stronger possibility. Both Mo and Foye are outside shooters. Burks (and Hayward) are playmakers. So the roles are reversed a bit. We have PG's whose main role will be to stand at the 3 pt line and get the ball kicked back out to them if needed. And our SG's are the ones who will be taking the ball inside. I guess when Alec is paired with Foye you can call Burks the PG. Whatever. Just pair Alec or Hayward with Mo or Randy.

What do you think about first round sweeps. Make the Koolaid drinkers look just as bad.

I'm not in either camp. I know that trades take 2 willing partners and are difficult to arrange. I'm not surprised LAC did not jump on a 1/2 year rental of Millsap because that is what it is. I'm not upset that the Jazz did not force a trade by giving up one of the guys they think is a future core player.
I'm also not a guy that likes the way this current roster is used. The big deal to me will be this off season and seeing how this team moves forward.

If the Jazz re-sign Millsap or Jefferson I'll be upset, especially if they overpay. If they re-sign Mo, Tinsley or Watson I'll be very unhappy. I don't hate most of this roster. I hate they way they are used and I hate the way they are coached. We are going into the most important off season for this franchise since Boozer and Memo were signed and I hope that KOC and Lindsey don't screw it up.