What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

I think he’s right but there’s a huge catch. He’s talking about unprotected picks like 2023 from the Suns or Heat, which are kinda unprotected in name only. Maybe there’s some really distant injury possibility, but in reality they’re in the 20s.
Future unprotected picks are highly unlikely outside of a Lakers deal. Would be fine getting a 2023 pick for any of our guys, but just not sure who’s looking for vets vs. draft picks right now.

I think he’s right but there’s a huge catch. He’s talking about unprotected picks like 2023 from the Suns or Heat, which are kinda unprotected in name only. Maybe there’s some really distant injury possibility, but in reality they’re in the 20s.

More likely not they are in the 20s but I think you really have to factor the small margin or error and the play in. The East is so tough… a couple nagging injuries or slumping players and you end up in the play in… an injury at the wrong time (like the clips had with PG and Covid) and you got yourself a lotto pick.

Future unprotected picks are highly unlikely outside of a Lakers deal. Would be fine getting a 2023 pick for any of our guys, but just not sure who’s looking for vets vs. draft picks right now.

I’m fairly certain Miami would potentially give us a 2028 unprotected or lightly protected 1st to get Bogey and get off of Robinson’s salary.

They are the only team in the East at the top to get worse this off-season. They desperately need to make a move.

I don’t think we want to give up Vando at all… on paper he meshes well with his front court mates who are lighting it up in the Euro tourney.

If the Jazz are hoping to tank and be back in two seasons then I’m willing to bet that they want to see how that combination turns out.

More likely not they are in the 20s but I think you really have to factor the small margin or error and the play in. The East is so tough… a couple nagging injuries or slumping players and you end up in the play in… an injury at the wrong time (like the clips had with PG and Covid) and you got yourself a lotto pick.
How many lottery tickets do you buy yearly?

How many lottery tickets do you buy yearly?

HH has a worse case scenario with every team. Every pick we get is going to be in the lotto.
I mean I literally said they’d most likely be in the 20s but it’s not a certainty at all. Y’all act like we didn’t just see the Lakers and Clippers give up lotto picks that were sure to be picks in the 20s when they were traded… the effing warriors just won the title with essentially the same roster that was in the lotto two years in a row.

Bad **** happens… injuries aren’t magically turned off.

I mean I literally said they’d most likely be in the 20s but it’s not a certainty at all. Y’all act like we didn’t just see the Lakers and Clippers give up lotto picks that were sure to be picks in the 20s when they were traded… the effing warriors just won the title with essentially the same roster that was in the lotto two years in a row.

Bad **** happens… injuries aren’t magically turned off.
I know, I just think it's funny.

I know, I just think it's funny.
I don't think its a certainty but I deal with a couple people who have no concept of risk/downside. To have a good NBA season many things have to go right. To have a bad nba season only one or two things have to go really wrong.

We also need to acknowledge that for the rebuild to go right we will have to hit on some low probability outcomes... in a game like that you stack as many bites at the apple as possible. We aren't talking lotto ticket type outcomes here. There is a 10%ish chance the Suns or Heat end up in the play in because an injury bug hits them. All it would take for the Suns is to have an injury to old man Paul and maybe they don't have a historic season with regard to winning close games and they end up in the play in.

Even if the picks end up in the 20s you have a 10%ish chance at being a starter... so go ahead and stack as many of those investments as possible... morons will say they are "lotto tickets" and the same morons will claim you are just lucky when you hit on one of those investments.

I don't think its a certainty but I deal with a couple people who have no concept of risk/downside. To have a good NBA season many things have to go right. To have a bad nba season only one or two things have to go really wrong.

We also need to acknowledge that for the rebuild to go right we will have to hit on some low probability outcomes... in a game like that you stack as many bites at the apple as possible. We aren't talking lotto ticket type outcomes here. There is a 10%ish chance the Suns or Heat end up in the play in because an injury bug hits them. All it would take for the Suns is to have an injury to old man Paul and maybe they don't have a historic season with regard to winning close games and they end up in the play in.

Even if the picks end up in the 20s you have a 10%ish chance at being a starter... so go ahead and stack as many of those investments as possible... morons will say they are "lotto tickets" and the same morons will claim you are just lucky when you hit on one of those investments.

You have to consider the crowd. 95% of people oh here think every single Minnesota pick we got is guaranteed to be in the 20’s lolz.

You have to consider the crowd. 95% of people oh here think every single Minnesota pick we got is guaranteed to be in the 20’s lolz.
And here is the secret... you only need one or two of those picks to jump up and you are gold... you also only need to hit on one or two of those when they land in the 20s (and the chances of finding something starter quality or above are actually over 20%).

This isn't lotto ticket type investing.