What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

There is multiple problems with the THT acquisition.

First is his player option next year. If he did have a breakout season he opts out and we could lose him.

Second is he needs the ball a lot to be effective and with the Sexton addition he will be relegated to a bench role most likely. Are we planning on him being our JC replacement? What if we don’t trade JC?

Third is we took on an extra player for no reason other than to make the salary work. We may be able to consolidate though but it’s just unnecessary.

Fourth is what if he just sucks and opts in next year and we are paying him for nothing.
Doing a 1 for 2 is pretty silly given our current roster. This trade continues to make me sad. We likely move Johnson into someone's trade exception and likely get a second? maybe?

Like every non-Westbrook trade could end up being a 1 for 2 type of deal... I think JB ends up getting waived and he's a better prospect than THT imo.

So you are one of those people who think Utah took a worse deal from Cleveland to spurn the Knicks?
No lolz... I think they are a team we clearly had some animosity because of Don stuff and it got more heated during those negotiations. Look at who we do deals with? See any patterns? We do deals with teams we have good working relationships with. Fair to say Knicks and Jazz don't have that.

No lolz... I think they are a team we clearly had some animosity because of Don stuff and it got more heated during those negotiations. Look at who we do deals with? See any patterns? We do deals with teams we have good working relationships with. Fair to say Knicks and Jazz don't have that.
I get what you are saying, and agree to an extent. Obviously it's easier to do deals with people you have a more cordial relationship with, but just because the two sides are a bit heated doesnt mean a deal can't happen.

To pull a HH, the Bogey deal will be make up sex. The Lakers trade was a down payment and the Bogey trade will be make up sex for the Donovan Mitchell trade talks.

Just want to reiterate how bad that Beverley deal was again. It is honestly frustrating considering how well we did on our two huge moves to just be sloppy around the edges with a trade like that.
A lot of people were desperate to find reasoning that made sense when in the end the Jazz actually just really, really ****ed that **** up.

Two of the top Lakers priorities this offseason had to have been:
- Get off THT's bad contract (and play, he ****ing sucks)
- Get a solid starting point guard that is comfortable off ball with intangibles

We gave them all of that in one deal and got nothing but the ****** player.

Doing a 1 for 2 is pretty silly given our current roster. This trade continues to make me sad. We likely move Johnson into someone's trade exception and likely get a second? maybe?

Like every non-Westbrook trade could end up being a 1 for 2 type of deal... I think JB ends up getting waived and he's a better prospect than THT imo.
99% of the NBA fandom population has forgotten Jared Butler exist. Like 90% of Jazz fans have forgotten Jared Butler exist.

I get what you are saying, and agree to an extent. Obviously it's easier to do deals with people you have a more cordial relationship with, but just because the two sides are a bit heated doesnt mean a deal can't happen.

To pull a HH, the Bogey deal will be make up sex. The Lakers trade was a down payment and the Bogey trade will be make up sex for the Donovan Mitchell trade talks.
Sure lol. If they had something obviously better to offer than Phoenix then sure. I think Bogey having a wide market will push us more towards our preferred partners or at least away from teams we don't like.

A lot of people were desperate to find reasoning that made sense when in the end the Jazz actually just really, really ****ed that **** up.

- Get a solid starting point guard that is comfortable off ball with intangibles

Uhh, me and @stitches told yall from the start.

Utah likes THT and they feared a Russ/Indy trade would go down that included THT, so they overpaid to make sure they got him. It was really that simple.

Getting rid of Conley should be the Jazz #1,2,&3 priority. We already used him to **** up dons development, there’s no sense in ****ing up sexton too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% of the NBA fandom population has forgotten Jared Butler exist. Like 90% of Jazz fans have forgotten Jared Butler exist.
Give me the forgotten guy at the minimum over the memorable ****** player that everyone remembers because the Lakers over hyped him and gave him 30M

Oh, and another player (scrap that had a career year that still wasn't very good) when we're roster crunched.

As to the Fisher stuff:

Then try and get 1 pick and a swap I guess, but they no longer get whatever they want. The deal is what they got (draft assets) for what they want (our players that can be traded); less than what they got and they get less than what they want.

What's Vando's market outside of this (teams that might offer some kind of 1st)? I haven't even thought about it. Cuz that's the first thing they ain't getting.

Last edited:
Tony was on Checketts show this afternoon.

-The Jazz made an offer to the Lakers and the Lakers made a counteroffer, the two offers were very far apart. He doesn't know if the two sides will be able to bridge the gap to get a deal done.

-The Jazz were asking for one of LA's first round picks but the asking price from the Lakers is likely too much than what the Jazz are willing to pay.

-Miami is lurking out there but he's not sure the Jazz are willing to take back Duncan Robinsons contract. It would be a really bad contract for them to take back because it still has 4 years left on it.

-Says the Jazz aren't close to making a deal with anyone at this point.

-He would give the Jazz an A+ on the offseason so far. They now have more draft assets moving forward than any team but the Thunder, but also got back young talent in Sexton, Agbaji, Kessler, Markkanen and Vanderbilt. He says they got back more than they should have for Rudy and Donovan. Doesn't think there's another team that could've done a better job starting a rebuild than the Jazz did this summer.

-The thing people aren't talking about is the possibility of the Jazz using some of their picks and cap space going forward to make trades.

-Checketts asked him of anyone on the roster, who will have the longest tenure with the Jazz? Tony's answer was Agbaji...says if the Jazz would've had a 1st round pick this year he would've been at or near the top of their draft board. The front office really likes him. He can guard 1-3 and at minimum he should have a 10–12-year career as a 3&D guy who can lock down defensively and shoot at a high level.

-Thinks the Jazz can be competitive again in 2-3 years. The front office is determined not to have a prolonged re-build...they don't want to be the Thunder or Magic. Thinks the Jazz will be back in the playoffs by 2025. Ainge has a history of doing short rebuilds.

Last edited:
Tony was on Checketts show this afternoon.

-The Jazz made an offer to the Lakers and the Lakers made a counteroffer, the two offers were very far apart. He doesn't know if the two sides will be able to bridge the gap to get a deal done.

-The Jazz were asking for one of LA's first round picks but the asking price from the Lakers is likely too much than what the Jazz are willing to pay.

-Miami is lurking out there but he's not sure the Jazz are willing to take back Duncan Robinsons contract. It would be a really bad contract for them to take back because it still has 4 years left on it.

-Says the Jazz aren't close to making a deal with anyone at this point.

-He would give the Jazz an A+ on the offseason so far. They now have more draft assets moving forward than any team but the Thunder, but also got back young talent in Sexton, Agbaji, Kessler, Markkanen and Vanderbilt. He says they got back more than they should have for Rudy and Donovan. Doesn't think there's another team that could've done a better job starting a rebuild than the Jazz did this summer.

-The thing people aren't talking about is the possibility of the Jazz using some of their picks and cap space going forward to make trades.

-Checketts asked him of anyone on the roster, who will have the longest tenure with the Jazz? Tony's answer was Agbaji...says if the Jazz would've had a 1st round pick this year he would've been at or near the top of their draft board. The front office really likes him. He can guard 1-3 and at minimum he should have a 10–12-year career as a 3&D guy who can lock down defensively and shoot at a high level.
When we make our draft board to we automatically bump Kansas players up like 10-20 spots?