What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

Fournier, Rose and Reddish works for Westbrook and it’s a total New York move.

The more I think about it we could technically just trade two players for Westbrook if we bought him out and still end up at 15 players.

The only two scenarios where that works is:

Bogey/Conley
Conley/Beasley

A lot of different options.
That ain't getting the job done for the Lakers though.

Here's what I just ran

Bogey, Beasley, Vando, and JC
Westbrook and Nunn

Difference of 800k. Lakers get a real rotation, and there's a decent chance JC opts out too, which is a shot at a clean cap sheet next year for free agency chasing (or being able to say to Kyrie "sorry, ~$25 million is the most we can offer" but be happy about it).

Would be thrilled to send Conley in the trade and I think he'd be a great fit for them but the contract is just too problematic to get the whole haul IMO.

Or if you expanded it to take Randle and we include Conley then ask for the house.

Here's what I just ran

Westbrook and Nunn

Difference of 800k. Lakers get a real rotation, and there's a decent chance JC opts out too, which is a shot at a clean cap sheet next year for free agency chasing (or being able to say to Kyrie "sorry, ~$25 million is the most we can offer" but be happy about it).

Would be thrilled to send Conley in the trade and I think he'd be a great fit for them but the contract is just too problematic to get the whole haul IMO.

I could see that happening for sure.

I could see that happening for sure.
Not sure if there's a better package than this... makes me kinda nervous that mother-****ing the Knicks might not have been the best idea in all reality (cuz we probably could have routed some young, cheaper players in the deal).

Maybe we can do a third deal for one of our new rookie scale dudes to finish out the deal or something. IDK.

Here's what I just ran

Westbrook and Nunn

This is the deal I've been looking the most at too. But if they want Vanderbilt and Beasley in there and no Conley, that means it's both picks unprotected (at least, I guess demanding a swap in '28 would be over the top).

This is the deal I've been looking the most at too. But if they want Vanderbilt and Beasley in there and no Conley, that means it's both picks unprotected (at least, I guess demanding a swap in '28 would be over the top).
‘27/‘29 swaps with ‘28 unprotected is the way.

I suspect we will only get one pick, but we unload Conley and Gay in the trade in addition to the 1-2 players the Lakers actually want.
Is there something we want salary space in the short term for more than we want an extra pick? As long as we're under the tax, I assume we just want more picks, carrying Gay's salary was annoying when we were trying to improve to get us over the top, but now, as long as it doesn't put us over the limit, its irrelevant.

Is there something we want salary space in the short term for more than we want an extra pick? As long as we're under the tax, I assume we just want more picks, carrying Gay's salary was annoying when we were trying to improve to get us over the top, but now, as long as it doesn't put us over the limit, its irrelevant.
Jazz shouldn’t sacrifice any assets or quality of assets to unload Rudy Gay. Learn from the Favors mistake. Between Markkanen and Vanderbilt, all the 4 minutes are basically allocated early in the season. Try to talk him into letting go of next years player option in exchange for a buyout now so he can catch on somewhere before training camp. Otherwise, he can be a bench mentor until the trade deadline and try again then.

I have seen so many Knick fans and podcasters that think they will get picks for Randle and Rose in a Westbrook deal… and if we only settle for 1 pick to block these mfers I am totally good… destroy they soul.
I’m definitely warming up to the idea of the 28 pick with swaps in 27/29. Taking on a contract like Westbrook only to buy him out is unprecedented. It should have to cost them something. Adding Bogey, Beasley and Clarkson should cost them something as well. I’m leaning towards keeping Vando unless he absolutely must be included.

I’m definitely warming up to the idea of the 28 pick with swaps in 27/29. Taking on a contract like Westbrook only to buy him out is unprecedented. It should have to cost them something. Adding Bogey, Beasley and Clarkson should cost them something as well. I’m leaning towards keeping Vando unless he absolutely must be included.
Just get 1 if that’s all you can… I want more Knicks fans cursing Ainge. The Knicks Film Room guys, who are smart but also like in a way that they like the smell of the own *** way, are like Fournier and Randle for Westbrook and if they give us two firsts they can have Cam…. Bitch it was just reported it would cost a first to dump Fournier… prolly takes two to dump Randle and y’all are out here “well if we can get two firsts for theses guys we desperately want to move”.

It’s the perfect nail in the coffin… the perfect “we told ya so”. They needed us more than we needed them all along and these aholes acted like we had nowhere to go. Just hilarious… Ainge wants Leon’s head on a damn plate.

I have seen so many Knick fans and podcasters that think they will get picks for Randle and Rose in a Westbrook deal… and if we only settle for 1 pick to block these mfers I am totally good… destroy they soul.
I know when I watch bad basketball players with one of the worst contracts in the NBA, I often think “I am sure a team will send an extremely valuable unprotected draft pick for them.”

Really wish the Jazz dumped Gay in the Cavs deal. His salary is now a real problem.

Anyone out there that wants some seconds and Jared Butler to take him on?

We are not going to flip Westbrook we are going to buy him out.

Bogey is all but guaranteed to be included. Likely Beasley and maybe Clarkson as well.
We should keep him. Tank commander. And it will be fun to see his reactions when he has to cater to all the white backwoods racist fans in the city of Utahr.

Really wish the Jazz dumped Gay in the Cavs deal. His salary is now a real problem.

Anyone out there that wants some seconds and Jared Butler to take him on?
I’m pretty sure we’re still out of seconds. I’ve been surprised we haven’t tried to pick a few up in any of these deals.