What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Of course exclude.. who was the last Jazz man to have made All Star starter while playing for the Jazz?
We already discussed this entirely in another thread.

EXTEND HIM.

I think it's highly unlikely he signs an extension. It's the same situation we're currently in with Clarkson, there's a limit to what you can offer in an extension, and he's going to be able to make more money if he waits until free agency.

I think it's highly unlikely he signs an extension. It's the same situation we're currently in with Clarkson, there's a limit to what you can offer in an extension, and he's going to be able to make more money if he waits until free agency.
Can we offer him more than other teams?

Tbh, I think its not as much about money for Lauri than an average NBA star. I think he has already stated that he makes more money than he can ever use in his lifetime so my expectation it is more about being in a situation where he feels his professional ambitions are fulfilled.

Tbh, I think its not as much about money for Lauri than an average NBA star. I think he has already stated that he makes more money than he can ever use in his lifetime so my expectation it is more about being in a situation where he feels his professional ambitions are fulfilled.
Problem is we need to tank 1 more year next year.. is he going to be ok with that?

Problem is we need to tank 1 more year next year.. is he going to be ok with that?
Remains to be seen. I don't think the tank next year is needed or even possible without the distruction of the current roster. Ainge has all the chips in his hand and already really really good young players on the team which means that one or some of the untouchables this deadline would have to be moved in order to tank. Maybe, just maybe I think Lauri might sign up for the tank if Ainge would be fully open and transparent towards him what the plans are. The problem is, players don't tank. But that's just my take.

That depends on big name trade requests and future firesales. I believed Tony Jones when he said DA is ready to make a splash move if the opportunity presents itself.
Well what I mean is next year our pick belongs to OKC top 10 protected.. so looks like we need to tank 1 more year is Lauri gonna be ok with that?

I remember Ainge saying in an interview that Jazz will take an opportunistic approach with the rebuild.
Well DA had already fooled half the forum into thinking we’re not tanking this year when in fact we were gonna tank all along.. so not sure we can really believe everything that he say just cos it sounds so good,,..

Well what I mean is next year our pick belongs to OKC top 10 protected.. so looks like we need to tank 1 more year is Lauri gonna be ok with that?
Following that logic we need to tank 2 more years. That pick transfers to 2025 top10 protected and 2026 top8 protected.

2026 we have swap rights with both Cleveland and Minnesota.. so rather let the pick convey before that.

given that here he's gonna be most improved and an all star starter i'm guessing he's ok with whatever the organisation is doing b/c it's worked out well for him so far