What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

After the Stockton Malone era we took shortcuts. After the Deron Booz era we took shortcuts. And so on. I’m tired of the same mistake, yes, if we want we can do the same and be good not great again or we can get a possible star in the draft this year and next year then trade a **** ton of picks for a star and be great. No more quick rebuilds. I’ve gone through 25 years of this crap!!! If it takes a few years I can wait the Finnish Markkanen fans be damned!!! If we are championship caliber with or without Markkanen, I don’t care as long as we do it slow and right no shortcuts, he’ll, if we need to tank in 2025 too, then damnit do it!! The only time in my fandom I felt we had a chance was the 90’s and I feel like an addict chasing that same feeling from the first usage. I want it damnit!! I’m tired of these dudes that are only here because of one player you can’t have a convo with em because they don’t care about the same things as the rest of us because we are fans of the league. I’m tired of reading Jazzfanz talking at Markkanen fans and vice versa. I’m not trying to be a duck, hell I am a duck but that’s not the point. The point is we are talking about different things in one thread about something else and it’s ****ing idiotic!!! To no end!!! When does it fricking stop???!

Minivan got into ignore-list- Just all around negative **** in all the threads. Must be a hard life.

I’m fairly certain he lives in a nursing home and the nurses forget to give him his meds sometimes or he refuses to take them. He still hasn’t answered if it’s a secured unit or not.

After the Stockton Malone era we took shortcuts. After the Deron Booz era we took shortcuts. And so on. I’m tired of the same mistake, yes, if we want we can do the same and be good not great again or we can get a possible star in the draft this year and next year then trade a **** ton of picks for a star and be great. No more quick rebuilds. I’ve gone through 25 years of this crap!!! If it takes a few years I can wait the Finnish Markkanen fans be damned!!! If we are championship caliber with or without Markkanen, I don’t care as long as we do it slow and right no shortcuts, he’ll, if we need to tank in 2025 too, then damnit do it!! The only time in my fandom I felt we had a chance was the 90’s and I feel like an addict chasing that same feeling from the first usage. I want it damnit!! I’m tired of these dudes that are only here because of one player you can’t have a convo with em because they don’t care about the same things as the rest of us because we are fans of the league. I’m tired of reading Jazzfanz talking at Markkanen fans and vice versa. I’m not trying to be a duck, hell I am a duck but that’s not the point. The point is we are talking about different things in one thread about something else and it’s ****ing idiotic!!! To no end!!! When does it fricking stop???!
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not a duck. You're an idiot!

I guess you can do that but again you need to get lucky like Phoenix snatching Durant from the Nets but then you’re relying on another team’s misfortune.

Also Durant wanted to go to Phoenix..

I dont think they got lucky. They set themselves up well and had the assests and the balls to get it done

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Not that I know what I even want and less what will happen...
BUT... I find it hilarious every fanbase thinking about gsw as the measure stick. It has been the greatest basketball team ever and to need THAT kind of a team than prime GSW...Is very unlikely. Less will be enough. Not too much less but still less.

Good point.
I doubt we ever win 73 games in a season. And thats ok

Not that I know what I even want and less what will happen...
BUT... I find it hilarious every fanbase thinking about gsw as the measure stick. It has been the greatest basketball team ever and to need THAT kind of a team than prime GSW...Is very unlikely. Less will be enough. Not too much less but still less.
Yeah but what if you're wrong and your “not much less but still less” is not quite enough though?

Yeah but what if you're wrong and your “not much less but still less” is not quite enough though?

The risk is always there... And yeah we need more talent. What GSW did is just something that feels once in a lifetime thing for me. In normal circumstances one KD or Lberon or Giannis or Curry with a bit less what GSW had is enough.
If we hit this draft and things look good I doubt there will be a tank. But if things does not look good then by all means do it mid-season of 23-24 and make sure 24-25 is good enough to ensure the team is doing real well before the deadline.
We have no idea though if Ainge wants to see on becoming season how Lauri does in the post-season to know better what is his plan with him. Just Ainge knows that.

We’ll be tanking next season whether we intend to or not. Next season won’t be fun like this one. Unless we go ballistic with the tank now and get lucky

The risk is always there... And yeah we need more talent. What GSW did is just something that feels once in a lifetime thing for me. In normal circumstances one KD or Lberon or Giannis or Curry with a bit less what GSW had is enough.
If we hit this draft and things look good I doubt there will be a tank. But if things does not look good then by all means do it mid-season of 23-24 and make sure 24-25 is good enough to ensure the team is doing real well before the deadline.
We have no idea though if Ainge wants to see on becoming season how Lauri does in the post-season to know better what is his plan with him. Just Ainge knows that.
I’ve spent the past few days looking at this year’s draft prospects and picking in the 6-10 rang won’t net us a sure fire talent. We needed to be top 3 this year. I definitely think we need to be bad at least 1 more year if not more unless we got really lucky in many ways.. i.e., able to grab a Diamond late

I would love to see Lauri develop passing chemistry with Kessler. There has been flashes but would be awesome to see like 2-4 dimes per game.

Passing more kickouts would also be a nice way to use his gravity, but if he starts to look for them it could take away his aggressiveness.

However if he keeps his eyes to the basket it would be a real headache to defend a 7 footer who can shoot, dribble and drive like Lauri but also serve up another 7 footer in the paint.

Passing more kickouts would also be a nice way to use his gravity, but if he starts to look for them it could take away his aggressiveness.
Kickouts are an essential part of the menu for any team playing modern NBA basketball. Can't do without 'em.

It's just slightly weird when the guy making the pass is one of the best volume 3pt shooters in the league... and clearly the best in his own team.

On the surface, it doesn't make much sense for Markkanen to be kicking it out to guys like Clarkson (34%), THT (25%) or even Sexton, who shoots 42% on low volume but is often too small to be a good spot up target. But it is what it is.

In other words, we need better shooters around Lauri.

Kickouts are an essential part of the menu for any team playing modern NBA basketball. Can't do without 'em.

It's just slightly weird when the guy making the pass is one of the best volume 3pt shooters in the league... and clearly the best in his own team.

On the surface, it doesn't make much sense for Markkanen to be kicking it out to guys like Clarkson (34%), THT (25%) or even Sexton, who shoots 42% on low volume but is often too small to be a good spot up target. But it is what it is.

Yeah I meant more like end of this year development plan. Feeding Kessler gonna make help defense hesitate a bit when he drives.

Right now I just wanna see max aggressiveness and Hardy seems to push him that way. Kickouts are vital for sure in a scheme based on 3s and spacing but attacking mindset still needs to grow first.

He's been plenty aggressive most of the year. Gonna be a real learning experience for him these last handful of games because our shooting now sucks, and he's gonna have NO space. Be interesting to see how he learns to manage and go left more, and maybe a few more pull up midrange jumpers

He's been plenty aggressive most of the year. Gonna be a real learning experience for him these last handful of games because our shooting now sucks, and he's gonna have NO space. Be interesting to see how he learns to manage and go left more, and maybe a few more pull up midrange jumpers

Starting Sexton instead of Beasley or Conley actually means nothing for shooting. It's just Kessler from starters that has no shot at all... and Vando wasn't an actual outside thread that would have been had closely guarded. Good defensive teams made Lauri's life hard earlier into the season already. Bucks and Cavs and Kings made it real hard for him even before these trades bc this team never had that much talent that was taken that seriously.
EDIT: Actually Sexton is a better shooter than anyone we traded out. But when Lauri shares the floor with bench unit things get a bit trickier.

Last edited:
Starting Sexton instead of Beasley or Conley actually means nothing for shooting. It's just Kessler from starters that has no shot at all... and Vando wasn't an actual outside thread that would have been had closely guarded. Good defensive teams made Lauri's life hard earlier into the season already. Bucks and Cavs and Kings made it real hard for him even before these trades bc this team never had that much talent that was taken that seriously.
EDIT: Actually Sexton is a better shooter than anyone we traded out. But when Lauri shares the floor with bench unit things get a bit trickier.
i don't mean the starting 5 I mean the team as a whole, particularly losing Mike and Malik

What is ochai percentage?