What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Following that logic we need to tank 2 more years. That pick transfers to 2025 top10 protected and 2026 top8 protected.

2026 we have swap rights with both Cleveland and Minnesota.. so rather let the pick convey before that.

Well no just 1 more year.. let them have the pick in 2025.

given that here he's gonna be most improved and an all star starter i'm guessing he's ok with whatever the organisation is doing b/c it's worked out well for him so far
Well now that he’s an All Star.. his expections might now change to “what’s next”

I’m not so sure we don’t make the playoffs next season. We have the most cap space in the league this off-season. I could see us signing someone impactful like Kuzma or Grant. That along with three first round picks that we can use to maneuver to get the guys we want. I think we could be squarely in the playoff mix next year.

I also think it would be hard for Lauri to turn down the extra year we could offer him. He’s going to get the max contract we can offer as long as he continues on this trajectory.

Well DA had already fooled half the forum into thinking we’re not tanking this year when in fact we were gonna tank all along.. so not sure we can really believe everything that he say just cos it sounds so good,,..
I think here might be misinterpretations also. I am still not convinced we are tanking. What has been said is that thr focus is on prioritizing young players. To me it seems we are talking about somewhere around .40 going the rest of the season. That is not tanking with the record thus far. Even if it was a tanking move to trade Conley, Beasley and Vanderbilt. I might be wrong.

Regardless, I wouldn't go as far as saying that Ainge has fooled anyone except the Timberwolves. And tbh I kind of think there might be some ethics in the play where Ainge traded Mike to help Rudy settle in as a consolation of sorts. I would like to think that Ainge is a man of honor.

I think here might be misinterpretations also. I am still not convinced we are tanking. What has been said is that thr focus is on prioritizing young players. To me it seems we are talking about somewhere around .40 going the rest of the season. That is not tanking with the record thus far. Even if it was a tanking move to trade Conley, Beasley and Vanderbilt. I might be wrong.

Regardless, I wouldn't go as far as saying that Ainge has fooled anyone except the Timberwolves. And tbh I kind of think there might be some ethics in the play where Ainge traded Mike to help Rudy settle in as a consolation of sorts. I would like to think that Ainge is a man of honor.

dude the guy cheated Isaih Thomas out of 150 million after his sister died. No

There is no honor among thieves. And thats what every GM aspires to be, a successful thief.

But the first part of your post is why I gave it a like. Its just two games post deadline but both were against teams trying to win, on the road, and we didnt look much worse than before the rumor mill started. DA isnt this bad in gutting a roster, if he wanted to gut it.

The WB move was made to facilitate offseason flexibility and to clear development blockers for the key guys. Taking and distributing the minutes, shots and touches of that trio to others was important. As was pushing Lauri's self-creation and leadership.

KO and JC are still here and starting. Sexton is still here despite not being "untouchable". What some refer to as "stealth tank" was surely a calculated likely outcome, but not the primary point.

Ok. ok. I was wrong. In my drunken meat eating measurements of the Unicorn. Apologies.

An Enchanted forest grows fast around the specimen.

Problem is we need to tank 1 more year next year.. is he going to be ok with that?
my guess is we dont tank next year. We make the playoffs. I think ainge acquired a million picks so that no one will cry when we lose our pick next season.

Well what I mean is next year our pick belongs to OKC top 10 protected.. so looks like we need to tank 1 more year is Lauri gonna be ok with that?
Why do we NEED that pick though? We have a million picks.

Well what I mean is next year our pick belongs to OKC top 10 protected.. so looks like we need to tank 1 more year is Lauri gonna be ok with that?
We don't need to tank to keep that pick. The west is going to be even more brutal next year so we could improve quite a bit and still be in the bottom 3rd of the west.

Why do we NEED that pick though? We have a million picks.
Yes we have many picks but they’re not in our control.. they depend on how Minny and Cavs perform.

Plus is 1 lottery pick enough to build a Championship team?

GSW needed Curry and Thompson and Draymond AND Durant.

I think we need at least 2 lottery picks PLUS Markkanen to make a run and so I think DA will make us tank 1 more year.

Yes we have many picks but they’re not in our control.. they depend on how Minny and Cavs perform.

I think we need at least 2 lottery picks PLUS Markkanen to make a run and so I think DA will make us tank 1 more year.
We have one lottery-pick-worthy rookie in Kessler. In other words, another option for lottery are steals and exceptional scouting. And yes, I am confident Kessler will be a star in this league. Hell, he already is!

We will use our picks to trade for our steph, thompson draymond durant etc Dont need to draft em
Plus we gonna have 2 lottery picks in this draft imo. Dont forget that

We have one lottery-pick-worthy rookie in Kessler. In other words, another option for lottery are steals and exceptional scouting. And yes, I am confident Kessler will be a star in this league. Hell, he already is!
Yeah but say Kessler = Draymond
Markkanen = Durant

We still need a Curry and Thompson?

We might get 1 from this years draft if we’re lucky but probably not 2.

We will use our picks to trade for our steph, thompson draymond durant etc Dont need to draft em
I guess you can do that but again you need to get lucky like Phoenix snatching Durant from the Nets but then you’re relying on another team’s misfortune.

Also Durant wanted to go to Phoenix..

We have 3 guys who were actual lottery picks in Markkanen, Sexton and Ochai. Kessler also lottery worthy in hindsight.

So we are not that far off if things go right. Here is a fun comparison:

Curry #7, Lauri #7
Thompson #11, <insert the name of 2023 pick> --OR-- Sexton #8 --OR-- Ochai #14
Draymond #35, Kessler #22
Durant (not drafted by GS, but signed from FA), <Insert the name of the big name Danny brings in>

The 2nd star is the thing we are missing the most. Hopefully someone even better than Lauri... like Luka after the Kyrie experiment flames, he leaves and Luka loses faith in Mavs.

I guess you can do that but again you need to get lucky like Phoenix snatching Durant from the Nets but then you’re relying on another team’s misfortune.
There are 10 teams with their own "durants". Sooner or later, one of them will run into that misfortune. Just need to be ready to pounce then.

Not that I know what I even want and less what will happen...
BUT... I find it hilarious every fanbase thinking about gsw as the measure stick. It has been the greatest basketball team ever and to need THAT kind of a team than prime GSW...Is very unlikely. Less will be enough. Not too much less but still less.