What's new

Life - official thread

I get to see my wife and kids tomorrow. Been a rough month, I have been working like crazy in Wyoming while the wife and kids have been in Bountiful. I missed my daughter learning to crawl, only seeing them about every 10 days. Now they are coming up to stay in Jackson for a few weeks, and I am super stoked about that.

Still on my 2-month holiday here in Thailand... it's dragging on a bit and I pretty much need another holiday after this holiday... LOL

I will move here permanently in 2 years time so I had to figure out how I will live here long term when that time comes (Thailand is a lot different to NZ environmentally, culturally, socially, .. etc). It will take a lot of getting use to and a new 'life strategy'...

So because of that it has been a pretty enlightening & life changing trip for me on many levels ... (feels kinda like what UGLI went through 2 years ago).

Still on my 2-month holiday here in Thailand... it's dragging on a bit and I pretty much need another holiday after this holiday... LOL

I will move here permanently in 2 years time so I had to figure out how I will live here long term when that time comes (Thailand is a lot different to NZ environmentally, culturally, socially, .. etc). It will take a lot of getting use to and a new 'life strategy'...

So because of that it has been a pretty enlightening & life changing trip for me on many levels ... (feels kinda like what UGLI went through 2 years ago).
I never think of Thailand and spiritual journey in the same vein.

More like Thailand and child trafficking.

I never think of Thailand and spiritual journey in the same vein.

More like Thailand and child trafficking.

Welp, ... now you know... LOL

There's just lots more to deal with here, life is hard for most people living on $10 a day, people are sick, dying, struggling... hence it makes you think about life, your way of life, your future, etc, much more...

NZ is easy and pretty safe so you don't ponder 'life' as much IMO.

Welp, ... now you know... LOL

There's just lots more to deal with here, life is hard for most people living on $10 a day, people are sick, dying, struggling... hence it makes you think about life, your way of life, your future, etc, much more...

NZ is easy and pretty safe so you don't ponder 'life' as much IMO.

Why do you plan to leave NZ for Thailand in two years?

Why do you plan to leave NZ for Thailand in two years?

Essentially it comes down to wanting to be closer to where I was born... I've been away for 22 years now, so in my heart I still feel like Thailand's my 'home' if you know what I mean...

The second main reason is a financial one.. you can live quite cheaply here (if you live simply),... a healthy meal complete with dessert and a drink (not fast food), can cost only $1.50 .... it means I wouldn't have to work as hard and can have more time to do the things I wanna do instead of the things I 'have' to do.

Essentially it comes down to wanting to be closer to where I was born... I've been away for 22 years now, so in my heart I still feel like Thailand's my 'home' if you know what I mean...

The second main reason is a financial one.. you can live quite cheaply here (if you live simply),... a healthy meal complete with dessert and a drink (not fast food), can cost only $1.50 .... it means I wouldn't have to work as hard and can have more time to do the things I wanna do instead of the things I 'have' to do.

Thanks for explaining what you didn't have to.

OL, don't fall for the easy life. Chin up, you can make it NZ, and just forever do the two month vacations in your homeland and look for that lost girlfriend if you like.

OL, don't fall for the easy life. Chin up, you can make it NZ, and just forever do the two month vacations in your homeland and look for that lost girlfriend if you like.
Hahhahha.. finding a gf in NZ is kinda like looking for that lost car key in the pond... in Thailand it's like going to the kitchen and getting a glass of water...

... but then after a while you realize 'it's just water'.

Hahhahha.. finding a gf in NZ is kinda like looking for that lost car key in the pond... in Thailand it's like going to the kitchen and getting a glass of water...

What? Water kind of the best drink.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

oops. . . @OneLove

easy come, easy go.

Do the necessary attentions and get yourself a woman who has a good lawyer who can put the fear of God into you. It takes such a good woman to make a man of any man.

So the point is?

oops. . . @OneLove

easy come, easy go.

Do the necessary attentions and get yourself a woman who has a good lawyer who can put the fear of God into you. It takes such a good woman to make a man of any man.

Um, wtf?

Life. Ha ha. It's rough. Just keep plowing through and enjoy it. It's freeing when you realize that no one thinks about you, so you just start doing what makes you happy.

Oh, and get your debt down. It's so freeing.

I mean there is also beer, but yeah, water is the #1 drink. It's the drink all other drinks are made of. It is the actual thing your body wants when your body is thirsty. People who don't ever drink pure water blow my mind into a billion pieces.

Yes, water is the best drink!

Coffee early in the morning. Water throughout the day. Beer at night.

[MENTION=631]ONE LOVE[/MENTION],

I'm not trying to tease or judge you here, but have you considered that maybe you don't really like women? Srs.