What's new

Locker Clean-out Discussion

Honestly we all should take example from our team at how united they were. We are fans of the same team. We should stop being so rude to each other all the time. I love you all guys - even crazy Exum homers, flat earth believers and other nutbars.... Oh and Cy is still a dick.
Go Jazz.

After reading all the comments and listening to the interviews, I am feeling all warm and fuzzy about this team. Guys seemed to enjoy themselves and seem excited about the future. I loved watching this team play. It always sucks when the season is over but this year listening to the guys made me emotional. Maybe I am just getting more sentimental as I get older but damn I am going to miss some of the players if they leave.

So here is what I'd do with Exum. Offer him 3 years for 25M with the final year only $1M guaranteed.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in the NBA you can't do contracts like that. Unless perhaps the partially guaranteed year has enough salary that is considered "likely" rather than "unlikely" that it fits within the max annual raises/reductions in salary limitation.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in the NBA you can't do contracts like that. Unless perhaps the partially guaranteed year has enough salary that is considered "likely" rather than "unlikely" that it fits within the max annual raises/reductions in salary limitation.

You can do a third year guarantee like that... lots of players have them. You have to waive the player before a certain date though... he can't play and make 1M. Indiana has three guys with similar guarantees this year all making around 10M... they could waive all three and create a bunch of cap space or keep them.

Jae mentioned the difference between his Boston/Cleveland teams and the Jazz was geography... they play in the East... it makes a difference.

Here is my homer question of the day... would we have made the finals if we played in the East? Assume DM is healthy.

Jae mentioned the difference between his Boston/Cleveland teams and the Jazz was geography... they play in the East... it makes a difference.

Here is my homer question of the day... would we have made the finals if we played in the East? Assume DM is healthy.

Yes. We're better than the Cavs. The Pacers were also better than the Cavs.

You can do a third year guarantee like that... lots of players have them. You have to waive the player before a certain date though... he can't play and make 1M. Indiana has three guys with similar guarantees this year all making around 10M... they could waive all three and create a bunch of cap space or keep them.
Aha, I see what you're talking about.

Its about matchups. I think Cavs and Raptors would be certainly beatable... Celtics and 76ers would cause most problems. Indiana... not so sure...leaning towards a win as well.

Favors saying all the right things. Surprising thing to me is that he talks as if Jazz were sticking by him, not trying to trade him year after year as I had thought. And he knew his role this season and seems to have accepted it. Also thought his family moving back to GA was a "tell," but maybe that's not the case. It would be a little strange, though, for him to be in Utah most of the season and his wife and kids elsewhere. But who knows, maybe not all is happy in the Favors household and they're separated.

In any case, I'll be a Favors fan no matter what happens...unlike Hayward.

Rubio sits down with Jake Scott, Tony Parks, and PK

RR: Feeling good. Shame that I couldn't play round 2. Put a lot of effort to get back, but it wasn't meant to be. You don't really know what playoffs are like until you play. We play against OKC, then in the 2d round I can't be out there. MRI said pulled hamstring. They said 2 weeks, I said hell no! I went to rehab 24/7 for a week. Tried to do my best. Wasn't ready. Felt I would hurt more than help the team, wasn't even 50%. Tough to decide to sit and watch, but a lesson for me, too. Like I said, when season was over yesterday I felt something I never felt before. A burning inside of me, like something special could have happened, but I have that to work this summer, to be ready next year.

What will offseason here do for you?

A lot. Last summer I worked, but didn't know what team wanted. Now I know how team works, get ready for next year, be a better team mate and player. [like what?] I still need to sit down and watch film again, see where I can improve. Top of my mind, the catch and go, catch and shoot thing. When you get the ball you have a split second to decide, or you newed to know what's coming next. That's new for me. Going to improve. Get better on spacing, make the play before I get the ball.

Did Jazz team bring out best in you?

Absolutely. The way we play together is special. Pass good shots for better shots. Not common in NBA. Usually iso guys, you know who will shoot. Here you never know. Ingles one of the best shooters in the league, and had open shots a lot. Because we play that way to look for the better shot.

How much can you improve?

A lot. I been in the league a long time, but I have a lot in me yet to show. A lot of confidence that I never had before, knowing what it is to be in playoffs and what to work on. One of the most exciting summers for me.

Thoughts on Mitchell

People will look back at the season and see something special. I don't like to talk a lot and give advice but he asked me for advice all the time. He wants to listen and get better. He listens then he does it. Not a lot of guys like him. He's special. Wish I could be with Wade or LeBron in their rookie seasons to see for sure, but I put him on that level. I know there's a lot of pressure on him but he can handle it. Look at his 3rd quarter last night. "This kid is special" we keep saying that to each other, I said it to Thabo on the bench last night.

This brought a tear to my eye.

I freaking love Rubio. Might be the hardest worker on the team. Im glad it came together for him. It wasn't looking too good there for awhile but it panned out in spectacular fashion. He thrived under Quin after he got fully integrated. Only thing that worries me with Rubio is health, but he fits us in so many ways.

Well he's definitely saying the right stuff. Maybe we should just run it back, have great chemistry, grow together and see what happens. We could be moving the ball like the 2014 Spurs at this rate, the team loves eachother. Dangerous to break that up.

This. Why meddle too much with something that is a 60 win team ? That still has a lot of room for internal growth.

How did AB sound? Was he salty about his role/playing time at all?

Ingles comment about how close this team compared to last year's says volumes. It sounds like Trey, Heywood, Rodney and George Hill may not be expecting Christams cards from him.