What's new

LOL

oneye

2018 Award Winner
Gotta love how we like tweets clowning on Stockton for not wanting the vaccine but then liking tweets defending Kyrie not liking vaccines. Our wonderful star.
97633442-F180-45D8-B506-08FA34F3C5BD.jpeg

Weird how the goal post moves for literally everyone on everything when it’s someone we like.

What a phony! Not sure how this plays into the Don to NY theory... but I'm sure it does.

What a phony! Not sure how this plays into the Don to NY theory... but I'm sure it does.
Because Kyrie will have to leave the Nets, allowing them to trade Kyrie to the Jazz for Donovan, and Dolan is going to use his superpowers to absorb the Nets into the Knicks.

I don't think anybody has talked about Donovan as much as oneye has this past offseason.

I don't think anybody has talked about Donovan as much as oneye has this past offseason.
He’s been talking about him forever. He started out as a 12 year old fanboy. I’m not kidding or exaggerating when I say that.

Overthinking tweets. It's reading the tea leaves and not actually talking to the person that is a major big time problem in our society. The liberals overreact all the time and the conservatives like to point out the hypocrisy. I am sick of this stuff and I just prefer to let people just talk face to face.

In biology's "units of selection" debate, selfish individuals have a selective advantage over altruistic ones. But units composed of altruistic individuals, whether they be sports teams or military units, out-compete teams comprised of selfish individuals. The only time I won a sports championship was the 1983 Salt Lake City Floor Hockey League Championship. That was a team that thrived on teamwork. And my old army unit: Anyone would have thrown themselves on a hand grenade to save a fellow soldier. Teamwork wins.

oneye the last couple of years...
giphy.gif

Maybe it's time for @infection to kidnap this thread and turn it into what's the best new restaurant in SLC or new shows worth watching in Netflix

oneye the last couple of years...
giphy.gif

Maybe it's time for @infection to kidnap this thread and turn it into what's the best new restaurant in SLC or new shows worth watching in Netflix
I can do this. I’ll start with a story of seeing a random Facebook ad a year or two ago that was for some article about food in gas stations. The cover photo was a picture of chicken tikka masala that looked good and that’s why I clicked. Interestingly enough, it was in Logan. A week or two later my dad went up there for one reason or another. He brought some back and it was good. A week or so ago I YouTubed Diners, Drive-ins & Dives Utah to see what places were featured and that one came up. The guy shows the entire cooking process (as a side note I’ve eaten Indian food across the country [and in Europe] more than I’ve eaten any other food, and swear the best food is in Utah [or it could just be that’s where I first became accustomed to it] and the Utah area definitely has a unique style to it that isn’t the same across the country [not all Utah places, though, as a small few I haven’t been impressed with]). Also note that though I can make a good tikka masala dish, I’ve never really been able to get it to approximate the style I’d taste in a Utah restaurant. This guy spills all the beans. I do have a suspicion that when I make this it won’t taste the same.

Also, the best place I’ve ever had Cajun pasta was at Iggy’s, and those bastards closed all their locations. I have never found another places that does anything similar, and in fact anywhere else that does Cajun pasta is often awful comparatively. Most of the time it’s Alfredo with Cajun seasoning (damn I hate that), but I’d be interested in trying this guy’s version of it next time I’m in Logan.

Also, best pasta type hands down is linguine fini. I don’t care for penne.

I can do this. I’ll start with a story of seeing a random Facebook ad a year or two ago that was for some article about food in gas stations. The cover photo was a picture of chicken tikka masala that looked good and that’s why I clicked. Interestingly enough, it was in Logan. A week or two later my dad went up there for one reason or another. He brought some back and it was good. A week or so ago I YouTubed Diners, Drive-ins & Dives Utah to see what places were featured and that one came up. The guy shows the entire cooking process (as a side note I’ve eaten Indian food across the country [and in Europe] more than I’ve eaten any other food, and swear the best food is in Utah [or it could just be that’s where I first became accustomed to it] and the Utah area definitely has a unique style to it that isn’t the same across the country [not all Utah places, though, as a small few I haven’t been impressed with]). Also note that though I can make a good tikka masala dish, I’ve never really been able to get it to approximate the style I’d taste in a Utah restaurant. This guy spills all the beans. I do have a suspicion that when I make this it won’t taste the same.

Also, the best place I’ve ever had Cajun pasta was at Iggy’s, and those bastards closed all their locations. I have never found another places that does anything similar, and in fact anywhere else that does Cajun pasta is often awful comparatively. Most of the time it’s Alfredo with Cajun seasoning (damn I hate that), but I’d be interested in trying this guy’s version of it next time I’m in Logan.

I could take you to a few good Indian places in Manchester. And one in Berlin. Mostly though I was eating doner kebab.

In biology's "units of selection" debate, selfish individuals have a selective advantage over altruistic ones. But units composed of altruistic individuals, whether they be sports teams or military units, out-compete teams comprised of selfish individuals. The only time I won a sports championship was the 1983 Salt Lake City Floor Hockey League Championship. That was a team that thrived on teamwork. And my old army unit: Anyone would have thrown themselves on a hand grenade to save a fellow soldier. Teamwork wins.
Thank you, Ayn Rand.

I could take you to a few good Indian places in Manchester. And one in Berlin. Mostly though I was eating doner kebab.
I lived for one year in Manchester, by Whitworth Park on Oxford Rd. I was a student so kebabs and Subway was the predominant diet. There were some great indian restaurants in Rusholme. Such a great city (not for tourism but for going to concerts, nightlife and soccer).