What's new

Longest Thread Ever

Random question in a random thread:

If you guys could live anywhere you want, where would you live and why?

Seriously. . . ..

I want about three homes in the Philippines, one in Baguio, one in Cebu, and one in Hagunoy.

Baguio is a pine forest with temps close to San Francisco, Cebu has hills covered with mango trees and endless seascapes. Hagunoy is a farmer's paradise only an hour from Manila.

Oh the pranks and the antics
Of you crazy guys
I laugh as the warmth
Splashes up on my thighs

I promised to reply to every post. . . .

and though you've done the service I needed to run on a bit in the LTE. . . .

your work is not what I like the most. . . .

I hope we've run out of potty poetry. . . .

Define "if you...could". Pretty sure (virtually) everyone on this board can live anywhere they want.

maybe not in a jail, but a "home". . . . . where there's nice people with meds to temper their OCDs. . . . . like obsessions with numbers. . . . . ha ha

before I start
let me go with a note
of this thing I speak
my wife's is the vote

I would live in a bra
innocent reason, give me no start
it would be soft and warm
and close to the heart

romantic poetry. . . .hope your wife gives you a hug for this one. . . . . .

probably not, though. . . . . she's probably heading for the medicine cabinet looking to some help. . . .

This is a question I ask myself at least weekly. I have lived in Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, New York, Massachusettes, California, Utah, Texas, and Aruba.. ALL have their pros and cons, for sure. Here's my list;

Islamorada, FL
I have found I prefer the Florida Keys over anywhere else in U.S. It fits me. It's sunshine year round, less humidity than the rest of Florida, average temp in the winter around 70 degrees, average temp in the summer around 80 degrees. The water is crystal clear. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay laid back. The downside (for some) is it's too laid back.. no malls, not much in the way of fast food restaurants, it's an island lifestyle. I don't live there now (did for two years) because I'm not convinced it's the best place to raise and educate my kids... otherwise, I'd be back there. Oh, and I like Islamorada over other keys because it's only about 45 minutes to the heart of Miami and all that you ever need in the way of world class shopping and dining.. I just HATE Miami and wouldn't want to live everyday IN it.

543659.jpg

Captiva Island, Florida
Somewhat similar to the Keys but a bit more cosmopolitan.. a bit. It's still laid back but closer to daily niceties.

Captiva-Island-003.jpg

These are by far my favorite two.
I should mention that I hate California. It's beautiful, you have everything at your fingertips, but it's also nauseatingly over-populated, terrible traffic, and everything is about status.. and I HATE that. In the Keys, everyone has money, but you'd never know it.. and I LOVE that.

I have enjoyed everywhere I have lived, though.. I think it's a mindset to seek out the pros and ignore the cons.. nowhere did I hate while I was there, but sometimes, upon reflection, I'd prefer not to return.

Suggestion for Ann.. stay with this line of thought.. life has too much opportunity for adventure to not seize it when able.
At your age and place in life, I do not recommend the keys.. I would recommend NYC, Orlando (gag, I lived there, it's not for me, but I can still say it would be fun for someone else), the beaches between San Diego and LA. I assume you're more of a warm weather chick than a cold weather chick.. so I didn't mention Park City, Vail, or other ski areas.. but they're fun too. Adios!

now here's something rep worthy.

Thank you PKM.

Random answer: Can I live with you??!! ^__^

fun retort. Serious proposal????

I think she must be trying to make out an angle for making a selection. If so. . . .

the right response would be some gorgeous pics of someplace more awesome than anyone else's idea. . . .

and pitching it as so fabulous you'd marry a cow to live there. . . . NOT. bad joke.