What's new

Longest Thread Ever

I don't think PKM is a switch hitter. But he's wrong about CA. There are plenty of great communities in both southern and northern CA that are family-oriented and not all about status. Guess it really depends on what you want. I've always said you'll probably find what you're truly looking for...no matter where you live.

Nick was replying to Ann(?) Jazz_Fanatic, just like PKM was.

But you are right about CA, at least southern CA, although there are spots of status-consciousness for sure.

I delivered the doggie to pretty fancy home with a huge pool, overlooking the beach. . . . . a gated "community" sort of place. She had been billed for air shipment, I said I could drive it for the same price, but she tried to get the sales agent to reimburse the charge for shipping because it wasn't shipped by airline. . . .. still, she paid a pretty good price. Just another sharper.

its actully quite wierd
its actully quite strange
but i am developing a habit
i want to rymn words..... like rabbit....

seriously though.... everything is being changed into poetry in my mind lol

potty poetry is to art, as corned beef is to cuisine. . . .

rhyming can be a habit, as it stimulates a part of the brain that mostly lies dormant. . . . and once aroused can be difficult to put back to rest.

Not true.

And I'm sure most people on this board would rather live somewhere other than where they currently reside. Things like work, family, money, etc make it hard to go wherever they want. If I'm wrong and we have a board full of content people, then I'll eat some bacon.

Florida, huh? Think about all the hurricanes, PKM! I can't swim!

Thanks for the advice, though. I don't get it much, my parents don't have much input on my life other than..."get a real job and get married".

Love warm weather, but I also love the cold. I think I'm more of a winter person than summer. Just been doing a lot of brainstorming lately of places to move and Maine came up. How do we all feel about Maine? Never been, but it looks nice. I just want to live somewhere "chill". I'm a laid bad person, don't care much about the nightlife and just want to immerse myself in a culturally diverse place with excellent food and nice people. I've thought about New York, but that city might be a bit too much for me. Loved it during my visit, but don't know if I could live there. Making it a goal to live in another country once in my life. I guess I should try to at least get out of the country first.

Will you pay my billz? ^_^

well, you sound nice.
your parents have a point. Don't ruin your life like I did mine. Get a real job and get married to someone who loves you, well. . . . hopefully mutually loving. Otherwise you'll have to learn patience with humans and you'll have to resort to using your wits to survive. Well, actually, an equally awesome outcome for a life plan. . . . .

It's not where you are that counts, but being someone who counts.

Last edited:
Don't love the Maine idea.. but who knows? Northern Virginia (just south of D.C.) ain't bad..
Northern New York.. great restaurants, tons of vineyards/wineries.. beautiful, chill, and close enough to visit NYC whenevs.

Maine gets some bitter cold and some huge snowstorms too. I get lost in the woods. I need to be able to see the next twenty miles or I get claustrophobic.

LOL.. you drove her pet for her? Wow.. that's a new low in humanity...

Not in my experience. I was just sorta stunned at how it could've happened.

I liked the lady and her family. I know she paid a higher price because it was a sell through an agent. I also know she is gonna get another pup pretty soon. I'm getting ready to call her and offer her a good deal, comparatively speaking. . . .

And this is the LTE 3400th marker.

so in months to come, for my own curiousity, I can come here to see how things have changed since now. . . . . . compute relative rates and such. . . . speaking of which. . .

PKM is at 28,326.

that's 24,926 ahead of me now. . . . going at least twice my clip. . . . since March 1st.

OK, I give. I've been talking about Crime and Punishment, and the mind of Dostoyevsky in relation to psychiatric maladies such as sociopathy.. . . . .

well, not here but with someone who has a MSW and works in a prison with these types. . . . .

she thought there was a good story in Psychology Today about a Mormon self-confessed "sociopath" who has written a book about herself. Talk about over-diagnosis as trending today. . . . .

I think it is "normal" for people. . . . for most people for sure. . . .for such a large majority of folks, to be once in a while manipulative, self-absorbed, and conscienceless about the effects of their deeds, or even compulsive about some aspects of these sorts of things. Lying is a matter of simple "street smarts" for most of us. You just don't say "the wrong things". It's such a normal thing we might think someone who doesn't is the one with the deviation from normalcy. . . .