What's new

Looking for a new team

It would be great if I could jump back on the bandwagon. For now, I'm waiting to see what the Clippers do this summer, researching Cleveland, L.A., and possibly Toronto. I really like Toronto's product and the Lakers' too. But I have to research the organization first before getting emotionally involved.

You've lost all credibility if you like what LA has done. Seriously, go find another team.

You've lost all credibility if you like what LA has done. Seriously, go find another team.

Can't lose what you ain't got. I think this will be easy for Frank. Since he believes Trey Burke will blossom in a different system, Frank just needs to wait until the off-season, and follow Treyd to whatever team he gets shipped to.

Can't lose what you ain't got. I think this will be easy for Frank. Since he believes Trey Burke will blossom in a different system, Frank just needs to wait until the off-season, and follow Treyd to whatever team he gets shipped to.

All aboard the Franklin bus!
Choo choo!

If the Jazz win one more game this year, make the playoffs, and make GS sweat a little in the first round this thread doesn't exist.
No one can tell me with a straight face it does.

Who are you to tell me who I should root for, or, to GTFO of a sports forum talking with fellow fans of a team? Who do you GTFO people think you are?

It would be great if I could jump back on the bandwagon. For now, I'm waiting to see what the Clippers do this summer, researching Cleveland, L.A., and possibly Toronto. I really like Toronto's product and the Lakers' too. But I have to research the organization first before getting emotionally involved.

Who are you to tell me who I should root for, or, to GTFO of a sports forum talking with fellow fans of a team? Who do you GTFO people think you are?

Ending this all after going @ArchieMoses there and taking my infraction. It's the off season, guys. This bandwagon fan thing is a troll I use on a GSW forum.

This reminds me of some douchebag complaining about a coupon at the counter of a retail store and "threatening to take his money elsewhere". Nobody cares. Your fandom isn't some sacred thing that will keep anybody up at night.

Franklin is simply looking at it from a very critical perspective. Whether you want to accept it or not, last year was sabotaged by injuries. Was there another team in the NBA affected as much by injuries as the Jazz? And yet we still almost made the playoffs -- it was disappointing the way they finished but neither Rudy nor Favors were 100 percent at the end of the season, and Burks wasn't ready. Lyles and Mack were both positive surprises, and Neto improved a ton. So, we shall what happens when Exum comes back.

If the Jazz have to trade every UFA entering their prime due to unrestricted free agency worries, might as well sell the franchise.

If the Jazz just let every UFA walk every offseason, they should be contracted out of existence.

From another jazzfanz poster
3. The Jazz really do have a good thing going. They have 4 of the 60 or so players in the league with 6 or more win shares last year (Basketball Reference), for example. All of them were 25 or under (according to BR's age scale). Only 27 players 25 and under had that level of win shares. That's less than one per team, on average. We had four. It's easy to argue that this group deserves a chance to see what it can put together with Exum and Burks back, better injury luck, and stronger attention to building a bench.

Hopefully that makes you feel a little better about our team.

I already tried to make you guys feel better before though so I assume more proof/information won't help any and you will still think the jazz team sucks and management are a bunch of dumbasses but I figured I wouldn't give up on you guys yet.

I just care too much.

3. The Jazz really do have a good thing going. They have 4 of the 60 or so players in the league with 6 or more win shares last year (Basketball Reference), for example. All of them were 25 or under (according to BR's age scale). Only 27 players 25 and under had that level of win shares. That's less than one per team, on average. We had four. It's easy to argue that this group deserves a chance to see what it can put together with Exum and Burks back, better injury luck, and stronger attention to building a bench.

I already tried to make you guys feel better before though so I assume more proof/information won't help any and you will still think the jazz team sucks and management are a bunch of dumbasses but I figured I wouldn't give up on you guys yet.

I just care too much.

this nameless poster thanks you for the credit.

this nameless poster thanks you for the credit.

I would have named him but his name would just cause people to make rude jokes and talk **** instead of actually trying to get something out of the info.

I did tell him that i loved his original post and told him that i was going to use it in another thread though.

The jazz were 10th in the entire nba in point differential (+1.81). Ahead of indiani, miami, detroit, portland, houston, and dallas (all playoff teams).

I decided to do a little research on a game by game basis for the jazz last year.

The Jazz only lost by more than 10 points in 10 games total last year. Those 10 losses? at home to portland, home to okc, at san antonio, at golden state, at san antonio, at portland, at washington, home against san antonio, at golden state, and at okc.
So 7 of those games were against golden state, okc, and sa antonio. The cream of the crop in the nba. 9 of them were to playoff teams. Only one loss last year out of 82 games was by more than 10 points to a non playoff team (on the road against washingtion) (and many of those losses came while we were very short handed due to injury)

You know what that data tells me? We were very close to being quite good. Better health, a little more experience for our players and coaching staff (the coaches are young and developing too remember), or a little better bench (yes naos, adding a few free agents last summer would have helped) and suddenly the jazz make the playoffs with ease and everyone is happy.

We are very very close to having this rebuild payoff and this cake taste so good but some of you think the sky is falling and the jazz suck and only want to discuss negatives about the team.

The jazz were 10th in the entire nba in point differential (+1.81). Ahead of indiani, miami, detroit, portland, houston, and dallas (all playoff teams).

I decided to do a little research on a game by game basis for the jazz last year.

The Jazz only lost by more than 10 points in 10 games total last year. Those 10 losses? at home to portland, home to okc, at san antonio, at golden state, at san antonio, at portland, at washington, home against san antonio, at golden state, and at okc.
So 7 of those games were against golden state, okc, and sa antonio. The cream of the crop in the nba. 9 of them were to playoff teams. Only one loss last year out of 82 games was by more than 10 points to a non playoff team (on the road against washingtion) (and many of those losses came while we were very short handed due to injury)

You know what that data tells me? We were very close to being quite good. Better health, a little more experience for our players and coaching staff (the coaches are young and developing too remember), or a little better bench (yes naos, adding a few free agents last summer would have helped) and suddenly the jazz make the playoffs with ease and everyone is happy.

We are very very close to having this rebuild payoff and this cake taste so good but some of you think the sky is falling and the jazz suck and only want to discuss negatives about the team.

1) very obvious that this team was a playoff team if we had had only ONE player not have an injury that he did.
2) I'm quite glad we spent the year to assess the talent that we had before we spent big-money on contracts for players that might have been obsolete given the players we now have. Would we rather have Lyles on a Rookie contract or Tobias Harris on a max? I'd rather spend the Tobias Harris money on two mid-level players like Crabbe and PJ Tucker
3) I hope the crazy string of injuries makes sure the players realize the importance of getting in shape before the season starts (Hayward alluded to this) especially if they plan on making a playoff run.

-2017 is the season. I've said this all along. This is the year to load up and make our run. I think the litmus test of the rebuild will be this coming season. If we falter, it falls apart-- and I can't see Hayward staying. We need to go hard at fielding the best possible team we can manage. We NEED good point guard play. I'm honestly scared of just thrusting the reigns towards Dante, cuz we can't really **** around this season IMO. The PG play needs to simply be better. It's so obvious how much it would lift the production of Hayward, Hood, and particularly Favors.
- our management needs to decide what to do with Alec Burks. If we think he can excel in that 3rd guard role behind Hood and Hayward, then fine. Otherwise he needs to get traded and big money needs to be thrown at an Allen Crabbe or the like ( i suppose he could be kept on the team even with a Crabbe signing)

Dante/Mack/Neto/
Hood/Burks
Hayward/Ingles
Favors/Lyles
Gobert/Withey/Pleiss

- Chris Johnson, BJ Burke, and Trevor Booker are either gone or they should be gone (hopefully we can get something out of Trey, I can see him succeeding elsewhere where the demand from PG play isn't as important).
- it's very obvious we need two more rotation players at the 2/3 and 3/4. God DAMN we need someone like PJ Tucker IMO. Ultimate replacement for Trevor Booker. Or sign Crabbe and pick up a long 3 in the draft, call it a night. Hopefully we can snipe the 12th pick.

I just care too much.

Great great post. Can I offer minor critique? I hate the notion that Jazz bench sux. Like how do u believe Booker Ingles Burke Burks is not good bench? Those guis are all solid NBAers. How u think we upgrade are bench on a budget? We are not San Antonio that everyone wants to play for minimum $.

First time caller long time listener. I will hange up the telephone now and listen to ur answer.

I think Trevor Booker is a keeper. He does so much for this team. If we can keep him for a decent price we should. Although I want Lyles to play more minutes. Booker should play 5 to 10 minutes a game unless he is hot.

Sent from my 0PM92 using JazzFanz mobile app