What's new

Lowe Post Jazz Stuff

Didn't you just make a thread like yesterday about trading our best player? Now you're lecturing people about not turning on players.
I made a thread about having a conversation. I was playing devil's advocate. I never said we absolutely should trade Gobert.

But for the record, anybody jumping on the Gobert bandwagon at the expense of Mitchell is an idiot. It's like that group of fans didn't watch the playoffs at all as Capella torched Gobert the last couple years while Mitchell singlehandedly tried to keep us relevant in those games.

Great coaching and elite teams torch what we believe to be our great defense. This year, our defense isn't that great at all even with the best rim protector in the game. Gobert makes us a good team but he is the 5th best offensive player on a contender. Offensively, teams have figured us out. Defensively, it's a lot of the same too.

We all want to win a title. If we are going to get there, it has to be with a dynamic offensive talent like Mitchell emerging. I think we can do it with both here, but if there is a choice, it's an obvious one.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep very p
I made a thread about having a conversation. I was playing devil's advocate. I never said we absolutely should trade Gobert.

But for the record, anybody jumping on the Gobert bandwagon at the expense of Mitchell is an idiot. It's like that group of fans didn't watch the playoffs at all as Capella torched Gobert the last couple years while Mitchell singlehandedly tried to keep us relevant in those games.

Great coaching and elite teams torch what we believe to be our great defense. This year, our defense isn't that great at all even with the best rim protector in the game. Gobert makes us a good team but he is the 5th best offensive player on a contender. Offensively, teams have figured us out. Defensively, it's a lot of the same too.

We all want to win a title. If we are going to get there, it has to be with a dynamic offensive talent like Mitchell emerging. I think we can do it with both here, but if there is a choice, it's an obvious one.

Yes very obvious choice, one provides a unique skill and is two time DP of the year, the other low efficiency volume scoring which ain’t hard to find. I’d keep both, but one needs to learn to share his toys.

Yep very p

Yes very obvious choice, one provides a unique skill and is two time DP of the year, the other low efficiency volume scoring which ain’t hard to find. I’d keep both, but one needs to learn to share his toys.
Great idea. Trade Iverson so we can cater to Mutombo. Brilliant.

Ha,

Ha, comparing Mitchell to Iverson, you funny, are you Lo Po or Lo Co?
Its probably not that far off. I don't remember Iverson leading his team to a playoff series win as a rookie. Iverson won 53 games total his first two seasons.

I think some of y'all are simply forgetting Mitchell is so, so young still. I was mainly talking playing style not direct comparison.

Great idea. Trade Iverson so we can cater to Mutombo. Brilliant.

Mutombo was 34 and 35 during his Philly years. And I would say Mutombo didn’t have anywhere close to the same kind of defensive (or offensive) impact at the time.

We know you haven't.

There’s about 10 or more posts talking about how Donovan doesn’t pass and is selfish. He has basically the exact same assist rate as his previous two years where no one had a single issue with it. He’s actually rebounding better this year, shooting 3s better. His efficiency is up even after a few bad games.

If you’ve heard any of Locke’s recent pieces, the starters together have actually been quite good. It’s just the second any of them come out of the game the team death spirals.

Augustin-Neto-Mudiay
Mitchell-O’Neale
Bogdanovic-Ingles
Horford-Green
Gobert-Davis

Too bad this isn’t feasible.

There’s about 10 or more posts talking about how Donovan doesn’t pass and is selfish. He has basically the exact same assist rate as his previous two years where no one had a single issue with it. He’s actually rebounding better this year, shooting 3s better. His efficiency is up even after a few bad games.

If you’ve heard any of Locke’s recent pieces, the starters together have actually been quite good. It’s just the second any of them come out of the game the team death spirals.
I think the issue is that per possession, his assists are down 15%. True that his FGs aren’t much higher, but the idea is that last year there was absolutely nobody for him to pass to. Currently we have another 20 ppg guy, as well as another guy who scored 20+ last year. The idea wasn’t for him to continue at the same volume and have his assists drop.

We held Houston to their 3 straight worst offensive game since they traded Melo. Lol, Okay my ***
This. If we had average offensive abilities, or any ability to hit wide open shots, we may have defeated them, and nobody would be talking about Gobert as a playoff liability. But since the offense sucked, here we are.

Was watching some of the knicks stuff today and apparently it was Morris who called the players only meeting to tell the guys they needed to play harder... it was pre-firing so he said they needed to play for coach. Kinda made me feel better about him. Honestly any expiring contract for Dante is a good deal for us... if it comes with Morris I think 99% of the board would jump on it... chemistry is already garbage. Why not?
Im on board with Morris now that see what our chemistry is. Totally on board.

If we win the next seven in a row, we are 19-10 which is still just 54 win pace.

I think the issue is that per possession, his assists are down 15%. True that his FGs aren’t much higher, but the idea is that last year there was absolutely nobody for him to pass to. Currently we have another 20 ppg guy, as well as another guy who scored 20+ last year. The idea wasn’t for him to continue at the same volume and have his assists drop.

his assist % has hovered at ~20% all three years of his career, meaning he’s using his possessions to finish as an assist at a rate he always has. He’s a net positive on a team with many net negatives right now. He has the same usage as last year, while having a career high win share rate and a career low turnover rate. Those things could just as easily be viewed as more vital than half of an assist per game less.

the bench, joe, Jeff green, etc is a far more urgent matter than donovan imo.

Last edited: