What's new

Mailman: I'll work with the big men for free

Why not bring Karl in for a couple months? As long as he doesn't get anyone pregnant, I don't see the risk here. He could do a lot with Kanter especially, at least teaching Kanter that jab step jumper thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SVqG3NZGz4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is another video with Karl.

Its the preview for this year. He talks about how he would play the young guys a lot. I thought that was interesting.

What I like best though is when he teaches the pick n roll at about 17 min in. That guy can teach.

Jazz are stupid if they don't bring him on board.

Whats he going to tell them, run fast, jump high, dunk, rebound .... through my eyes ... blah blah blah ... WTF is he going to give them? I think they both work plenty hard, which is the main thing Karl would be able to bring to the table. No wonder everyone on here thinks your ****** smells terrible.

Seeing that just cracked me up. On topic though, I think the Jazz would be foolish not to have their young bigs work with Malone. If they're worried about some of the stuff that has been mentioned, why not just start by having guys work with Malone a week or two in the offseason? If it doesn't go well, then at least they tried. If it does go well, they could gradually give Malone an expanded role (or not). It seems like the potential for good to be accomplished outweighs the potential negatives, at least to me.

Kareem wants to be a coach - not a tutor. And he's tutored two players - Michael Olawakandi and Bynum. After shamelessly begging for a coaching job for years through the media that's all he's been able to get. Of course it didn't help that Kareem went on TV and said Olawakandi was a lazy piece of crap - true or not, that's not what a coach does.

Parish has also turned to the media because he wants to coach and all his friends from Boston - Bird, McHale and Ainge (according to Parish) refuse to return his phone calls.

The bigger issue about Parish, from what I've read, is that he never was friends with his teammates and always did his own thing off the court. That's fine, but it sure makes it tough to get into coaching/front office positions your playing career is over.

I think Kanter especially would benefit from Malone's teachings.

Malone (to Kanter) "You see these elbows? They knocked David Robinson out; and they gave Isiah stitches. What have your elbows done, son?"

Get Karl in as a conditioning coach. It's ridiculous to see Al huffing and puffing the moment he approaches 40 minutes in a game, when he's been taking plays off on D all game. Karl needs to whip his *** into shape.

Get Karl in as a conditioning coach. It's ridiculous to see Al huffing and puffing the moment he approaches 40 minutes in a game, when he's been taking plays off on D all game. Karl needs to whip his *** into shape.

Big Al isn't fat but man he doesn't have muscle definition either.

I think Kanter especially would benefit from Malone's teachings.

Malone (to Kanter) "You see these elbows? They knocked David Robinson out; and they gave Isiah stitches. What have your elbows done, son?"

I could see Kanter, and Malone really bonding. I think it could do wonders for Kanter, but also Favors.
Favors learning the pick n roll, and maybe some work out secrets could take him to another level.

The questions is why not. Yes, Malone could flake out. Let's put it on him, and try it. He's earned the right.

I'll give you work ethic but as far as low post game, which is what Favors and Kanter need, I just don't see him being that answer. He was a P&R guy, ran the floor, and developed a great mid range game. I guess he probably wouldn't hurt but I dont think he is a solution.

huh?
not sure if serious

Holy ****, I miss LHM.

If your org can't handle Karl ****ing Malone's enthusiasm to get involved in player development, then that's all I need to know... your org has serious (paranoid) management problems. Period.

I think it sucks how little Stock and Malone have been involved. I mean, ****, we've become one of the worst PnR teams in the league... how should we address that???!?
wouldnt it be epic if they hired stockton as head coach, and then stock hires malone as (assitint Defensive) coach.

that would be epic

Kareem wants to be a coach - not a tutor. And he's tutored two players - Michael Olawakandi and Bynum. After shamelessly begging for a coaching job for years through the media that's all he's been able to get. Of course it didn't help that Kareem went on TV and said Olawakandi was a lazy piece of crap - true or not, that's not what a coach does.

Parish has also turned to the media because he wants to coach and all his friends from Boston - Bird, McHale and Ainge (according to Parish) refuse to return his phone calls.

thats extactly what a coach needs to do in my opinion.
i wish corbin would do that to jefferson, maybe not in words.
but in minutes okayed.
jefferson you are getting outworked by kanter and favors so your glued to the bench until you prove other wise.

Which may also partially answer your question as to why they won't hire Malone. With Malone's tendancy to pop off to the media, you are quite likely to have a situation where Karl works with Jefferson, nothing changes and then Malone goes on TV to say how Big Al lacks intensity, or he doesn't "want it" bad enough - thereby, indirectly, passing judgement on the organization that has already paid him 30+ million dollars to be their go to guy. Something tells me Greggies ego may be a little too fragile for that.

so someone needs to call out al suckerson instead of garanteeing him 33 minutes per game.

thats what made jazz succesfull malone stockton lead by example held people accountable.

only guys being held accountable nowadays are the young guys.

if malone goes off on al suckerson it is well deserved

Why not bring Karl in for a couple months? As long as he doesn't get anyone pregnant, I don't see the risk here. He could do a lot with Kanter especially, at least teaching Kanter that jab step jumper thing.

getting someone pregnant aint a thing.
thats how you come to be.
whats wrong with getting someone/anyone pregnant