What's new

Marc Stein: Jazz-Warriors discuss pre-Lottery trade (Source says trade "likely")

This is what I fully expect to happen.

Warriors get pick this year no matter what. The pick becomes top 4 protected next two years and GS gives us cash.

CASH BABY! THAT WILL BE THE BIG RETURN ON THIS
So you're saying that you agree with yourself? Fascinating. Thanks for letting us know.

This gang violence is getting out of hand.

what a crappy thread...

wX1bz.gif

Utah Jazz: Receives Golden State’s 2012 first-round pick (top-7 protected in 2012 and 2013, top-6 protected in 2014, else 2014 and 2016 second-round picks) via Utah (from the Marcus Williams trade on 9/29/09) from the Deron Williams trade on 2/23/11.

Just for clarification. In other words, we could literally get nothing (2 lousy seconds) if things go wrong. If KOC is not going the player swap route, then he has to get a guaranteed first out of this negotiation as his top priority.

Just for clarification. In other words, we could literally get nothing (2 lousy seconds) if things go wrong. If KOC is not going the player swap route, then he has to get a guaranteed first out of this negotiation as his top priority.

I think we're all on the same page there.

Stein said the odds are 28 percent that the 7th pick falls to 8 or 9 in the lottery.

Upon review, if the 2008 wikipedia table is correct, than I'd say the odds are 25%.

Last edited:

If the trade is surrendering the pick unconditionally this year in exchange for a guarantee to get a pick, then I'd say there's a statistically better chance of us getting the pick this year via lottery than there is a chance of us not getting the pick next year. Which is to say that us surrendering the pick this year would be in vain, since it's probably unlikely we get to the point in 2013 where we don't have a pick, and that there's a better chance of getting it this year than there is a chance of that scenario playing out.

Last edited: