What's new

Marc Stein: Jazz-Warriors discuss pre-Lottery trade (Source says trade "likely")

How about give them the pick for a Brandon Rush sign and trade for Bell?

Long shot being I'm sure Rush would rather test free agency.

Don't want Jenkins - doesn't have 3 point range and the only good numbers he put up were during extreme garbage time.

um... Jenkins was a second-round pick rookie. The fact that he put up good numbers at all (and he was conditioned and pouring effort our there) is encouraging. If you can get him for a good deal, then you do it.

For those asking for a lot, we shouldn't forget we only have a 28% chance of screwing this up for the tankers .. it is a factor that can't be ignored. I think dropping the protection for us in '13 and getting their 30 or 35 is MAX.

I think that's a very reasonable and palatable deal for both sides. Great deal under the circumstances.

Excellent question. If Curry and Bogut stay healthy they could be a 4 or 5 seed, imo. But they won't stay healthy and I think, depending upon how unhealthy they are, they'll wind up in the 12 - 15 range.

Not to mention the fact that they have never played together. It'll take a good 10-15 games before they start playing together.

@Candrew - Would love a deal to land Rush in a signa nd trade. I would MAYBE even just trade him for the pick, completely. Meaning no 2013.

I'm pretty sure a sign-and-trade can't be completed before the draft lottery, folks.

No protection on that pick next season would be huge. That would mean a chance at Shabazz or Noel. Plus, if we can snag 30 and 35 from them, I think we could package those picks in other trades. Please let this happen.

I'm pretty sure a sign-and-trade can't be completed before the draft lottery, folks.

I'm pretty sure you are correct. I don't think a team can re-sign its own free agents until the free agent period begins (Jul 11, this year).

How upset will everyone be if we make a deal for 30, and 35, and next years GS pick unprotected, then find out that GS ends up getting the 8th pick this year?

How upset will everyone be if we make a deal for 30, and 35, and next years GS pick unprotected, then find out that GS ends up getting the 8th pick this year?

Not upset at all .. the risk you take.

No inside info on this. I've made a couple calls and no one that I know knows anything.

Not at all. I don't expect Bogut and Curry to be healthy enough to lead the W's to the playoffs next season.

No protection on that pick next season would be huge. That would mean a chance at Shabazz or Noel. Plus, if we can snag 30 and 35 from them, I think we could package those picks in other trades. Please let this happen.

No protection would be huge eh? We are talking about a 1-2% of moving up if the Warriors finish late lottery. And with so many terrible eastern teams, they will.

So what you're saying is Jazz trade the 8th pick
for
the 30 + 35 + removal of the protection for our GS pick in '13?

Do I understand this correctly?

'cause that sounds pretty sweet to me.

This is Locke's idea, not mine: If they Jazz have the protections taken off for next year and *only* get cash, the cash can be used to buy any pick between 15-25 - which is better than the 30 or 35 that is being discussed...

This is Locke's idea, not mine: If they Jazz have the protections taken off for next year and *only* get cash, the cash can be used to buy any pick between 15-25 - which is better than the 30 or 35 that is being discussed...

Good luck with that working.