What's new

Marijuana: Facts, Myths, and plain old Stupidity.

I'm jealous of all these people that have had hallucinations. I have tried Salvia once and definitely hallucinated. I thought I could see the concept of irony. That was pretty enjoyable but the rest was miserable. The physiological effects were noticeable and pretty frightening. I definitely personally haven't had anything close to a hallucination from weed though. You guys are either really lucky or have a pretty loose interpretation of hallucinating.

I once had a hallucination while under an anesthetic. It was neither particularly positive nor negative. I never saw a reason to get more of them.

I just hallucinated and thought Salty Dawg's status said "Jack of all tirades"

(sorry,OB's admission sort of threw me for a loop and left me slightly brain-numbed for a moment)

necrobumpbatman.jpg

Anyway, the War on Drugs is an abject failure, and thus a complete waste of money. It has served as a giant subsidy to organized crime, just as alcohol prohibition did in the 20s. It makes keeping cannabis and hard drugs out of the hands of youngsters more difficult, increases violent crime, and puts otherwise productive, tax-paying people behind bars. It's one of the reasons I'd rather be in Canada, even though the Harper government is trying to adopt US Drug War policies (they've already pushed through mandatory sentences for anyone growing 6+ cannabis plants).

**** the police.

This is why you should be voting and supporting Ron Paul.
He's been saying these things for 30 years.
The point is.... the feds like the fact that the drug war is continually on-going, because it keep the dissent down by keeping non violent offenders in jail.
The feds ship in the pot from Afghanistan (by which our troops are actually protecting the poopy fields in), and then they put you away for buying the same drugs they shipped in.
Don't you just love our federal government? :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Marijuana is harmful to the developing brain. The brain goes on developing until the early twenties. Studies show that teenagers who smoke marijuana have a much higher rate of schizophrenia and learning disabilities. They also have a much lower rate of achievement at school and ultimate success (measured by college graduation and future income).

I am all for making pot legal for adults. But, I think you have to use a similar age limit to alcohol...21 years. Any earlier than that and you may harm the developing brain of someone who is not quite able to grasp the long term consequences of their actions (don't kid yourself teenies). Any adult who wants to sit home and smoke a joint (or even crack in my opinion) should be able to do so... just as long as they understand the consequences of doing stupid **** while impaired.

The place that has the best pizza in my town is Eat in/Take out, no deliveries. I don't sacrifice on quality.
Haha, same here. And pizza while you're high is like ecstasy.

Also, I've never hallucinated on weed. I have seen colors after smoking Northern lights. When I drive, my muscles tend to tighten up and I jerk the steering wheel from time to time. Hallucinating off weed though? You must be a serious lightweight.

Now smoking Spice on the other hand...

Studies show that teenagers who smoke marijuana have a much higher rate of schizophrenia and learning disabilities. They also have a much lower rate of achievement at school and ultimate success (measured by college graduation and future income).

Correlation is not causation.

Marijuana is harmful to the developing brain. The brain goes on developing until the early twenties. Studies show that teenagers who smoke marijuana have a much higher rate of schizophrenia and learning disabilities. They also have a much lower rate of achievement at school and ultimate success (measured by college graduation and future income).

I am all for making pot legal for adults. But, I think you have to use a similar age limit to alcohol...21 years. Any earlier than that and you may harm the developing brain of someone who is not quite able to grasp the long term consequences of their actions (don't kid yourself teenies). Any adult who wants to sit home and smoke a joint (or even crack in my opinion) should be able to do so... just as long as they understand the consequences of doing stupid **** while impaired.
I think the choice of wording in your first paragraph is poor at best, but it makes little difference. Looking at previous NIH studies on teens' ability to purchase both legal, regulated substances (tobacco, alcohol) and marijuana, the CATO Institute report's findings on rates of teen cannabis use in pre- and post- decriminalized regimes in Portugal, or the findings about rates of use in general in decriminalized states v. similar states (who still retain criminal penalties for cannabis possession and use) in other studies, the obvious conclusion is that there's a damn good chance that the current War on Drugs isn't the best way to keep drugs out of the hands of America's youth or educate them about the consequences of drug use/abuse.

Oh my god, I might have forgotten. Seriously, I just took a half-day and am going to do this right.

I really hope we get national legalization within the next few years or at the worst within a decade.

I think it will happen. The momentum is building.

I really hope we get national legalization within the next few years or at the worst within a decade.

I think it will happen. The momentum is building.

I think that national legalization within a decade is a good bet. Is there any place where I can actually place that bet?

Poker tourney 420 friendly? Lol

Not exactly. For one my manager is going to be there and I work at a place with a random drug testing policy, so I don't want to cause any problems for myself or my other coworkers who will be there.