What's new

Mormons and Gays.

Although I think you may have misinterpreted exactly what Stoked was trying to convey, you make a great point: sexual orientation is only as important to a friendly relationship as you make it. If you have no intention of having sex with someone, it really has no bearing on how well you can get along, IMO.

That being said;

You're probably the last guy that should be calling anyone a douchenozzle.

who, specifically, did I call a douchenozzle?
Have I ever not accepted you?
Sorry you're so sensitive to my ways... I accept you anyway.

...that's an unusual description of "acceptance", and generally not the one intended by the activists I've read on the subject.

Your splitting hairs here, One Brow. Stoked is speaking for himself. Whether or not you approve of his definition of acceptance is irrelevant.

And "progressives" who are buying the current global propaganda fads which are being exploited to increase state power are pretty much being used, manipulated, and turned into mental midgets, too.

Eloquently stated.

A lot of you seem to be hung up on the idea that you feel you HAVE TO like gay people. WHo the **** said anything about having to like anyone or anything in this conversation. This **** is telling. Gay marriage isn't forcing you to do anything. It allows members of society the same privileges and basic right as the rest of society. Thats it. It's not about you. It's about something you can never truely understand.

You're white dudes in 'Merica. Why do you feel so threatened by this stuff?

The experiences I have had in life such as the one I listed above. When I disagree with them or call them out and I am suddenly a homphobe or sexist for not kissing their ***. Have you not ben paying attention?

Your response is a prime example of not really listening to what is being said. Well done.

<strike>In this context, what does "acceptance" mean to you:?</strike>

OK, you answered that later. Based on you description of your sister's friend, I don't think anyone would argue you have to approve of his behavior or like him as an individual. However, that's an unusual description of "acceptance", and generally not the one intended by the activists I've read on the subject.

Which is why I saw the need to go back and clarify.

I expected this response. I almost included a preemptive response in that post. Really.

Anway, to answer your initial question, you did not call Stoked a douchenozzle directly, but the inference was made. You tend to be an *** yourself, intentionally. Not that I consider that a bad thing. You speak your mind. I admire that.

However... your acceptance is of no consequence to me. I generally like reading your posts, and consider you an asset to the board, but there is little doubt in my mind that you have nothing but burning disdain for dummies like me. I have no problem with that, you're probably justified, but don't mistakenly believe that I desire your approval.

A person could go back and read you earlier response to me a reach the conclussion that you are calling me a "douchenozzle" since I am the one you are giving the tip to. Personally I don't care either way and we are still cool.

I expected this response. I almost included a preemptive response in that post. Really.

Anway, to answer your initial question, you did not call Stoked a douchenozzle directly, but the inference was made. You tend to be an *** yourself, intentionally. Not that I consider that a bad thing. You speak your mind. I admire that.

However... your acceptance is of no consequence to me. I generally like reading your posts, and consider you an asset to the board, but there is little doubt in my mind that you have nothing but burning disdain for dummies like me. I have no problem with that, you're probably justified, but don't mistakenly believe that I desire your approval.

I like you bronco.

The experiences I have had in life such as the one I listed above. When I disagree with them or call them out and I am suddenly a homphobe or sexist for not kissing their ***. Have you not ben paying attention?

Your response is a prime example of not really listening to what is being said. Well done.

Or you're just being called out on your **** and you're just unwilling to own it. Instead, you ebcome the victim and it's all their fault you think they're dirty sinners. Pardon me if I don't weap for you.

Or you're just being called out on your **** and you're just unwilling to own it. Instead, you ebcome the victim and it's all their fault you think they're dirty sinners. Pardon me if I don't weap for you.

Are you just messing with him, pete? I don't remember him having any issues with their sexuality, specifically, or proclaiming them sinners for their lifestyle.

But if you don't like someone who is gay, regardless of the reason, it's frequently assumed (by gay and non-gay alike) that your motives are bigoted, and you are labeled as such. Of course, if their sexuality is the reason, then yeah, you really are a homophobe.

To be honest, it's an easy out. Nobody wants to be rejected. It's easier to believe that someone dislikes you just because you're gay (they are the bad guy) than because you're simply an *******.

Dude, you are so barking up the wrong tree. Stoked has repeatedly stated that he thinks gays should be allowed to marry. Based on that, what **** do you think you are calling him out on?

Stoked is right about you grinding an ax and not listening to a thing he is saying.

I always read your posts. Thanks for typing them.

besides, a douchenozzle, if there is such a thing, is probably an ergonomically advanced and well-engineered thing. Streamlined. Tapered.

What a crock of ****. I don't think they are sinners at all actually. So spare me the melodrama.

So if you think my stance that I can dislike/disagree with a gay individual and call them out for being an *** and not be homophobic is **** then you must think that disagreeing/disliking with a gay individual is homophobic.

If that is the case then you are heterophobic, sexist and racist for disagreeing with a straight white male. See how stupid that sounds?

besides, a douchenozzle, if there is such a thing, is probably an ergonomically advanced and well-engineered thing. Streamlined. Tapered.

Well, I'm out of the running. Damn.