What's new

Most Glaring Roster Holes

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
The bolded portion is a big problem imo.

I also think the rules and skill level of the league are trending against players like Rudy. I wouldn't be actively shopping him if I was DL (unless the extension talks go poorly), but I also wouldn't hang up the phone if other teams were calling on him.
And the questions regarding Rudy staying or not would be well hedged by getting a PF/C, which is then an argument FOR Favors even though he can play a MAXIMUM of 28 minutes a game and not a second longer or else his body will explode.

I’m increasingly obsessed with Christian Wood for that reason and many others. I guess it runs with my perpetual obsession of obtaining a PF/C that can shoot and:
-protect the rim
-rebound
-have the agility to guard on the perimeter/switch.

In other words, a god damn rarity. But they exist.

And the questions regarding Rudy staying or not would be well hedged by getting a PF/C, which is then an argument FOR Favors even though he can play a MAXIMUM of 28 minutes a game and not a second longer or else his body will explode.

I’m increasingly obsessed with Christian Wood for that reason and many others. I guess it runs with my perpetual obsession of obtaining a PF/C that can shoot and:
-protect the rim
-rebound
-have the agility to guard on the perimeter/switch.

In other words, a god damn rarity. But they exist.
If you gave me the opportunity to offer a max contract to Wood or the exact same max contract to Rudy, I give the contract to Wood.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

If you gave me the opportunity to offer a max contract to Wood or the exact same max contract to Rudy, I give the contract to Wood.

I'm not going that far for a bunch of reasons. One of which is who knows how hard Wood plays once he gets paid. I love him as a player and think he's on the right path but I can't get on board with this.

I'm not going that far for a bunch of reasons. One of which is who knows how hard Wood plays once he gets paid. I love him as a player and think he's on the right path but I can't get on board with this.
Its damn risky, but giving Wood a max deal this summer when he is 24 is safer to me than giving Gobert a max extension this year that starts in 2021. Rudy would be 30+ in 3 of 4 years of that deal.

Name a big man over 30 who is worth $30 million.

I really want to know how many Detroit Pistons games y'all watched this year.
I'll be honest - not many.

I don't want to give either guy a max deal. I think max contracts should be rare. I don't think they should ever be given to old big guys. Ever.

The worst contracts in the league are almost always overpaid bigs.

NBA big men are like NFL running backs. Teams win titles with RB by committee more than riding the back of an amazing RB. Outside of Hakeem and Shaq, has a max contract big been the main guy on a title team the last 40 years?

Holy ****. Wood had like half a season of good basketball and he started 12 games and most of his points post-all star was empty calories on meaningless games.

Holy ****. Wood had like half a season of good basketball and he started 12 games and most of his points post-all star was empty calories on meaningless games.
I know. Bold and probably stupid.

I just hate the idea of paying Rudy $30+ for 3 years when he is 30+ years old.

Wood, at max, would be 28 when it ends. Still in his prime.

I know. Bold and probably stupid.

I just hate the idea of paying Rudy $30+ for 3 years when he is 30+ years old.

Wood, at max, would be 28 when it ends. Still in his prime.

Giving Wood max is wasting Don's 3 years on a gamble. I doubt Wood ever becomes a Max worthy player. Give him slightly more than Clarkson money.

Don’t think he’d be a good fit here. He works well within all the gravity created by Robinson, Herro, and Adebayo. Our gravity profile is just different.
The Jazz were the #1 3pt shooting team in the NBA (both regular season and playoffs), right above the Heat on the same number of attempts per game.

What you are saying may be true, but the Jazz also have very good gravity and can incorporate a guy like DJJ.

Giving Wood max is wasting Don's 3 years on a gamble. I doubt Wood ever becomes a Max worthy player. Give him slightly more than Clarkson money.
Like I said before, I hate giving either Rudy or Wood a max. I'm not even talking supermax either.

Go watch Miami and the Bucks. Rudy wouldn't dominate either. Lakers? He isn't stopping AD. We know what happens against Houston.

Rudy keeps talking about winning a title here. He is right. If he takes $20 per year, we have a really good chance.

Like I said before, I hate giving either Rudy or Wood a max. I'm not even talking supermax either.

Go watch Miami and the Bucks. Rudy wouldn't dominate either. Lakers? He isn't stopping AD. We know what happens against Houston.

Rudy keeps talking about winning a title here. He is right. If he takes $20 per year, we have a really good chance.

You are a clown. This is now officially a parody account.

The Jazz were the #1 3pt shooting team in the NBA (both regular season and playoffs), right above the Heat on the same number of attempts per game.

What you are saying may be true, but the Jazz also have very good gravity and can incorporate a guy like DJJ.
Different gravity profiles. The gravitational effects of Robinson and Adebayo are way different than anyone else on our team.

It may work, but DJJ wouldn’t be high on my list.

What happens against Houston? Holding them down to their worst 3 offensive games in a row?

Rudy had a great game where he dominated Giannis. Rudy also had dominant games against AD but things change when you play with LeBron James. Rudy has to help on LeBron and that allows AD room to operate. Defense does not go matchup wise most of the time. If we had more than 1 good perimeter defender, may be Rudy would be able to dominate Top 5 bigs without worrying about guards.