What's new

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE 2018

Wow, Knox just dribbled around 2 players, got to the rim and lay-ed it up. . He's SMOOTH man. This guy could be a 20/6/3 guy in a couple of years.

So I'm feeling like someone is going to pick up Stanton Kidd if we don't. He's got NBA size, a decent stroke, plus the ability to rebound, handle and make a few defensive plays. He's not awesome, but he's probably a decent rotation player somewhere. Could be a budget-version of Wilson Chandler at the 3.

So I'm feeling like someone is going to pick up Stanton Kidd if we don't. He's got NBA size, a decent stroke, plus the ability to rebound, handle and make a few defensive plays. He's not awesome, but he's probably a decent rotation player somewhere.

He's a better shooter than Royce. I don't think he's better at anything else, but he is a traditional 3&D type with good athleticism. I could see him making the team.

We traded for him, while the Lakers drafted Josh Hart. I'd prefer Josh Hard to Bradley right now.

I dont care if Josh is hard or not but I wish we would have drafted him as well instead of Bradley. I am not sure if there is ever a draft though that I dont wish we had picked up other players in hindsight. If we are playing that hypothetical game, then I wish we had figured out a way to trade up enough to get Kuzma.

I dont care if Josh is hard or not but I wish we would have drafted him as well instead of Bradley. I am not sure if there is ever a draft though that I dont wish we had picked up other players in hindsight. If we are playing that hypothetical game, then I wish we had figured out a way to trade up enough to get Kuzma.

Well we were talking about BPA, but then we've got Gobert, and Bradley can't play the 4, so he needs to be better than Gobert to get more than 15 min. a game.

Why not pick a guy who could potentially get more than 15 min?

Well we were talking about BPA, but then we've got Gobert, and Bradley can't play the 4, so he needs to be better than Gobert to get more than 15 min. a game.

Why not pick a guy who could potentially get more than 15 min?

I dont know what the Jazz were thinking on that. But if you can get a solid backup 5 at the end of the 1st round that is great value for that position. Generally in the NBA once the potential guys are off the board you dont want to take huge risks at the end of the 1st round. Those guys get guaranteed contracts. Usually you try and get a guy that will be a role player. Then use 2nd round picks to swing for the fences.

But I do understand the people wanted us to go for a high risk high reward type player in that draft. But Jazz took the conservative approach. That or they thought he had huge potential, some compared him to Lamarcus Aldridge when we drafted him. I dont know much about him though.

This is unacceptable defense by Bradley. If you're a 7 foot center in the lane you need to be able to stop this to earn your keep.

GA isn't off the hook on that play either. He let him by fairly easily.

Haven’t had a chance to watch a summer league game yet. I saw that Allen is shooting 26% through summer league on a high volume so far. What’s the general thought on that?
It’s summer league
Grayson didn't make any physical
Had he made contact itcwouldve been a foul. Baldwin was able to get full speed because a pick was set and Allen was moving side to side and had to turn his hips just to stay with Baldwin sprinting base line. Not sure how this is Allen’s fault. Baldwin was funneled in properly to the center who couldn’t get the stop. Nothing more nothing less.

It’s summer league

Had he made contact itcwouldve been a foul. Baldwin was able to get full speed because a pick was set and Allen was moving side to side and had to turn his hips just to stay with Baldwin sprinting base line. Not sure how this is Allen’s fault. Baldwin was funneled in properly to the center who couldn’t get the stop. Nothing more nothing less.
That isn't funneling, its getting blown by. There's a difference. No contact was made on the pick either.

I like Stanton Kidd, I hope he can make the roster but someone would need to be traded or cut. I wonder if this was the guy that was impressive in the Jazz tryout session. I don't think we brought him in during the draft process. He seems like he knows how to play the game. Plays both sides and can hit threes. Could he be another "gem" DL found overseas?

I like Stanton Kidd, I hope he can make the roster but someone would need to be traded or cut. I wonder if this was the guy that was impressive in the Jazz tryout session. I don't think we brought him in during the draft process. He seems like he knows how to play the game. Plays both sides and can hit threes. Could he be another "gem" DL found overseas?
Theres an open spot. Everyone knows Stockton is getting cut eventually.

Isn’t he 26?