What's new

Never Hillary

I don't see how anyone who supports Trump isn't either a bigot or an idiot. And in what universe would Mrs. Wall Street destroy capitalism?

The level of discourse in this country...

Trump and Hillary are both loathsome. They are not like comparing coke vs. pepsi. Trump is a whole other level. It's ugly and it's externally vicious and hateful instead of merely paranoid and secretive. I'll take the latter any day.

I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary over the total manure fire that is Trump. I wish it was Bernie, but I'm an adult and I understand I'm not going to get my way.

How so? I went thru the Trump threads, and I've yet to see a single concrete reason of why he'd make a good president.
I'm in a rush to leave town right now so I've got to give a quick answer. I drive a lot. I listen to satellite radio, and recently it's been mostly to cable news. I listen to CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. It's very enlightening how the different networks talk to their listeners. Despite what you probably think if you never listen to Fox they do not pander to him or to other Republicans (the exception being Hannity who is simply a Republican hack). I can understand how someone getting all of their info from MSNBC or CNN would see Trump as a bigot because they never report anything positive about him and they hammer on the racism topic constantly. Some of them, like some posters on this site, hate him with a white-hot passion and it clouds everything they say. I don't think they are doing anyone a service by being so slanted in their presentation. For example, when there is massive Anti-trump rioting outside of a rally they blame it on Trump. I've even heard them suggest that he's somehow behind organizing the riots. That seems absolutely ludicrous to me.

Trump is a guy who speaks without a filter so it is never going to be hard to find statements that any given group could be offended by. I think his popularity is in large part due to the negative way that many Americans perceive Obama. I know that some people around here think he has been a very good president. I don't.

The people who support Trump believe that his pride in America is a positive. I do to. They believe that his determination to energize the American economy will work. I believe it could. They believe his view on global warming is more reasonable than the left. I definitely agree. They love his political incorrectness. I absolutely agree. Trump is obviously a hard worker and a hands on leader. I believe he has the ability to attract some great and fresh talent into his cabinet.

I'm definitely concerned that he does not seem strongly committed to his policies and that his opinions change frequently. I think he is narcissistic, but we already established that it's pretty rare for any non-narcissists to run. The bottom line is that, as I said before, I believe he could be has the potential to be a good president. I do not feel that way about Hillary.

Ppl think Trump & his "Workers Party" are better for WS than HRC?

Ppl think Trump & his "Workers Party" are better for WS than HRC?

Trump's platform scares TF out of many on Wall Street. It happens to be for many of the same "leftist" and "rightist" talking points over the last decade such as his desire to end trade and outlaw immigrants to "bring jobs home".

It has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary vs Trump; it's all about how big of an unqualified buffoon Trump is.

Trump and Hillary are both loathsome. They are not like comparing coke vs. pepsi. Trump is a whole other level. It's ugly and it's externally vicious and hateful instead of merely paranoid and secretive. I'll take the latter any day.

I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary over the total manure fire that is Trump. I wish it was Bernie, but I'm an adult and I understand I'm not going to get my way.
This.
All this

If it was Hitler vs Trump I'd have a decision to make. Other than that, never Trump!

I've decided Trump if for no other reason, SC nominations. There is one vacancy to fill and Ginsberg, Breyer and Kennedy are not spring chickens. I like the list he put out. Flame away.

Clinton is without doubt an unfortunate, disquieting nominee. Very likely the worst Democrat to win her party’s nomination in modern history. I’m not sure how bad McGoven and Dukakis were, but from what I’ve read, however unpopular and unelectable they ended up being, they were at least honorable and principled candidates. The best I can can say for Clinton is that she's knowledgeable on the issues she cares about and has at least a chance to be a competent president. Not that I'm at all optimistic. A Clinton presidency would be a less inspiring, more neocon-ish, and likely scandal-plagued, continuation of Obama.

Still, Clinton is nowhere near as bad as Trump. Not even close. Not in the same universe. A Trump presidency would be a national disaster. His temperament alone disqualifies him for the presidency. Mitt Romney’s speech at the Hinkley Institute of Politics laid it all out and is spot on. Trump is a fraud, a con artist, a misogynist, and a vindictive, vulgar, and unprincipled bully. Those thinking about voting for Trump, many of whom voted enthusiastically for Mitt in 2012, should at least force themselves to honestly answer and refute Romney’s withering critique.

Romney was my favorite candidate in modern era and I found his little speech.. little.
He sounded like a whiny, wounded, little bitch.

I would vote for him in a second, but his speech meant nothing to me and, in my mind, was a net negative for him personally.

I've decided Trump if for no other reason, SC nominations. There is one vacancy to fill and Ginsberg, Breyer and Kennedy are not spring chickens. I like the list he put out. Flame away.

L-M-A-O

Romney was my favorite candidate in modern era and I found his little speech.. little.
He sounded like a whiny, wounded, little bitch.

I would vote for him in a second, but his speech meant nothing to me and, in my mind, was a net negative for him personally.

Mitt fought for single player healthcare which was dope. Meh in other regards.

Trump is hot trash and a mediocre businessman. He's more Kardashian than elite entrepreneur

Hillary ain't gettin in the way of capitalism, bro
YouRe seeing capitalism through "Bernie Eyes".

Hillary is against everything good. She is totally corrupt, and she mistakes business as the right of the honcho with the politician as the right to take everybody else to the cleaners.
Most reasonable people understand capitalism as arm's length voluntary commerce, not government-sanctioned criminal villainy.

Hillary is against everything good. She is totally corrupt, and she mistakes business as the right of the honcho with the politician as the right to take everybody else to the cleaners.
Most reasonable people understand capitalism as arm's length voluntary commerce, not government-sanctioned criminal villainy.

I'm not seeing it through Bernie Eyes.

Please explain how Trump is any better in that regard?