What's new

New black and white color scheme

I am not looking forward to hearing about how the color scheme and jerseys etc make sense because it’s the Beehive state. We are 100% going to have jerseys we call the Bumblebee jerseys and I hate it already

Not sure what to think, but I have liked most of Ryan Smith's decisions. I do actually like the practice facility black and white note. Please do not ever have a bumblebee striped uniform.

Yeah, I love “jazz”. Would be a travesty if it got killed.

At this point, though, I wouldn’t exactly be shocked if Smith & Co. changed it. He seems bent on changing the image (and there are loads of people who still laugh at the association between “Utah” and “jazz”); and there are some shades of cultural appropriation here, too (not saying that I think this way... just saying that it’s possible to see the name in this light, and that might be an issue, dunno).
yeah I had a conversation with a few friends of mine back east... they said they didn't like the jazz at all because "just like white people always do, they take something of ours, stick it in the whitest place ever and call it theirs."

I do think conversations like that are happening behind the scenes in the NBA, so I do think we see the Jazz name changed or returned to NO in our lifetime.

You should just wear these jerseys. You'd get respect and far more national TV games.

jersey_article3_0.jpg
And a lot. And I mean A LOT. And by a lot I mean A GIANT ****WAD LOT of losing seasons.

Believe those are the "Earned" jersey's that only teams that make the playoffs can wear and they change every year.
What is stupid about that concept is that no one in the league, including their own fans, know what the **** that means. No one. Not a single fan turns on their team playing the jazz and says "hey look those ugly green jerseys, they earned those from the playoffs". They just say "my god those are seriously ****ing ugly jerseys" and that's that.

I’ll clarify, while I’m down on the color scheme in and of itself, I’m way more down on it as a fit for the Jazz. It just doesn’t fit the franchise at all.
I feel like this is Ryan's way of making it his own. I also feel like somewhere there is an old spiral notebook, maybe a trapper-keeper folder, with a black and white jazz logo that Ryan used to show his friends in Jr. High and they would say "that's so cool, that's what the jazz logo should be". Maybe it was a yellow notebook. And ever since he would take it out from it's hiding place, and lovingly gaze at it saying "someday".

And now that day has come.

And it will indeed suck every but as hard as most every other idea any 14-year-old ever came up with that their friends called "cool".

I hope more folks will push back on Twitter but sounds like Ryan Smith has his mind made up. There are a number of changes being made that make little sense in my opinion. I wonder who Smith is listening to for advice.

At this rate, we will start broadcasting the games in black and white.
Lol, my god that would suck. Should get rid of HD while we are at it. Then bring back the short shorts.

I’m sure I’m just the old guy screaming “Get off my lawn!” but damn the Jazz have messed with their logo/colors wayyyyy too much over the years.

IMO, the J-Note serves as one of the coolest logos in all of sports. I didn’t like it when they changed to the mountain jerseys, the D-Will/Boozer era rebrand seemed to have zero logic behind it and the uni’s/color combo was bland and uninspiring.

I was THRILLED when the team went back to the J-Note along with the color change. I think our current Association uni’s are one of the cleanest looks in all of sports.

But hey, gotta keep selling merch I suppose.

You’re joking right? The powder blue jerseys were one of the best jerseys we’ve ever had.
Bruh, no way. They looked like jerseys for a random made up team in a video game. Plus that was the era where literally half the league had some form of blue in their scheme, especially light blue. Lol I just checked, the only team in the division at the time that didn't have light blue jerseys was Portland. It got so boring watching them play the Nuggets, or Grizzlies, or Mavs, or Wolves, or Nets, or (I could keep going), and see one team in white and one team in blue. It didn't feel unique or tied to Utah at all, I hated it.

Edit: although Memo did look like a boss in them so that helps the argument