What's new

Night Sweats

I've quit weed 3 times, one of those I had severe addiction withdrawals. Funny because it didn't happen other two times. These withdrawal side effects included nightsweats, little sleep, loss of appetite, headaches, and bad mood swings. Took 13 days to get over it completely. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app
Interesting.

I struggle to believe its the weed for me. Typically I go a month or two on, then a week off with no side effects other than having a harder time falling asleep (and just marginally).

It might be a contributing factor though, but its certainly not the main reason.

I’d be surprised if it’s the weed.

But smoking weed before sleep has basically been buried under a mountain of evidence that suggests it’s not a good idea if you want good, restorative sleep (which you do). Weed can help you relax, but blocks certain dimensions of sleep.

I’d make sure you’re well hydrated and that you’ve ceased eating and smoking at least 4 hours before you are headed to bed. If symptoms continue despite these changes, then I’d wager they will be different, with a clearer path to diagnosis.

There are more people talking about marijuana withdrawal this this thread than I’ve ever heard say something to that affect. Weird. That’s kinda ******** 9/10 times or more.

There are more people talking about marijuana withdrawal this this thread than I’ve ever heard say something to that affect. Weird. That’s kinda ******** 9/10 times or more.

Have you ever smoked weed? Lol

I laugh my *** off when people say you can't have withdrawals from stopping weed. Yes, yes you can.

I think weed affects people in significantly different ways. For me it never really relaxed me, it's more likely to cause anxiety. When I was a heavy-ish weed user and then stopped it absolutely made it hard to fall asleep for a few days.

But it seems to affect my wife completely differently.

Ya, and how so? How are you certain its not the alcohol?
Because like I posted, I hardly drink, which is why I stated that clearly so people wouldn't ask me if that was the issue, but you made it the issue by calling me a liar on the subject of my drinking habits.

Why would I voluntarily make a health related thread to see if anyone had a shared experience and lie about my experience?

Kindly go and get ****ed.

I’d be surprised if it’s the weed.

But smoking weed before sleep has basically been buried under a mountain of evidence that suggests it’s not a good idea if you want good, restorative sleep (which you do). Weed can help you relax, but blocks certain dimensions of sleep.

I’d make sure you’re well hydrated and that you’ve ceased eating and smoking at least 4 hours before you are headed to bed. If symptoms continue despite these changes, then I’d wager they will be different, with a clearer path to diagnosis.
Yeah, I;ve heard that and it makes sense. I have trouble sleeping more than 6 hours regardless, but weed does help me go to sleep.

Because like I posted, I hardly drink, which is why I stated that clearly so people wouldn't ask me if that was the issue, but you made it the issue by calling me a liar on the subject of my drinking habits.

Why would I voluntarily make a health related thread to see if anyone had a shared experience and lie about my experience?

Kindly go and get ****ed.

I didnt mean to offend you. I didnt call you a liar either. Just said you probably down played it a bit. We all do it. So I suspected you were doing it as well. It didnt mean that your grossly underestimated, just a little bit. Regardless. The point was that even the amount you said is enough to cause the problem.

What do you got to lose anyways? Just try it. Cross it off the list. Dont be stubborn. It will help you. You will be out nothing if it isnt the culprit. If nothing else you can just be sure it isnt the problem.

I speak from experience. Not pulling it out my *** or trolling you. Even you Mr contrarian stubborn *** can put 2 and 2 together and figure out that alchohol isnt a vitamin. It has some negative affects. You are literally trying to deny something that causes negative affects couldnt possibly be the probelm because you deemed your arbitrary safe amount of alcohol to not be the problem. Just because. No solid reasoning behind it. Its not hard to fugure out that this negative thing you are putting in your body could be causing problems.

Its the drinking.

People want defend and defend drinking. But the truth is it absolutely terrible for you even in small amounts. Im guessing you down played the amount you drink too. Quit drink any alchohol and after a few months the night sweats will go away. Your body has to purge the left over toxins and heal your brain. So you are going to sweat it out til its done.

Its not the weed.

Based on everything you said about yourself should indicate a healthy person. Other than the drinking. Or you can choose to believe the addicts instead. If you go to the doctor and they give you a drug for it then youve made another mistake and will just give yourself more problems.

Good luck with the struggle of giving alchohol up. Its not easy. It only gets harder the older you get and the problems just get worse. You really are in denial if you reject this message. The days of doing whatever you want to your body and getting away with it are slowly coming to a close. This is one of the first signs.
Science and human history have some qualms with this.

My bet is the exercise. It raises your body temp for a long time. Try not working out and see if that changes it.

Science and human history have some qualms with this.

Qualms with what?

There is no debate that alchohol is not good for you and causes many problems. I'll take my anecdotal evidence over whatever science you cite. But Im sure you cant cite much science in favor of it anyways besides some unprovable red wine studies. There is nothing to indicate the body needs alchohol. Anything it has to offer is negative. Nobody is living longer because of it. You are better off without it in all cases. Your best chances to have your best health are without it. Arguing tolerances is one thing. Arguing its benefits is another.

If you want perfect health. Alchohol is not part of the solution.

Qualms with what?

There is no debate that alchohol is not good for you and causes many problems. I'll take my anecdotal evidence over whatever science you cite. But Im sure you cant cite much science in favor of it anyways besides some unprovable red wine studies. There is nothing to indicate the body needs alchohol. Anything it has to offer is negative. Nobody is living longer because of it. You are better off without it in all cases. Your best chances to have your best health are without it. Arguing tolerances is one thing. Arguing its benefits is another.

If you want perfect health. Alchohol is not part of the solution.
There's plenty of studies that show light drinking is okay or even good for you. Obviously there is no reason to post them based on your assertion. My anecdotal evidence also agrees with that for myself personally. Then there is the fact that humanity has been drinking since the beginning and fine, it's helped humanity survive.