What's new

Night Sweats

Why the **** are you doing creatine, Gumby? That’s so 1997 and I’m pretty sure you’re not entering some Mr. Universe contest.
It's suppose to help with muscle endurance. I'm not doing the super creatine regimen that the body builders do to swell their muscles. I've read enough studies on it to trust that it's beneficial. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2048496/

And I'm just trying stuff. I started lifting again 3 months ago. I started taking protein powder 1.5 months ago. I like adding stuff slowly so I can see the actual affects to see if they help me achieve goals/actually work.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing that weed withdrawals are serious. Yes, there are things that are a lot harder for the majority of people to come off.
The point is though 1) weed can definitely cause withdrawals and 2) night sweats is a common symptom of stopping weed.
Last year I went on an extended low carb diet. Like, reducing my daily carbs to fewer than 35 g, everyday. It was hard. I was having serious cravings. Was I having bread withdrawals?

Last year I went on an extended low carb diet. Like, reducing my daily carbs to fewer than 35 g, everyday. It was hard. I was having serious cravings. Was I having bread withdrawals?

If someone stops smoking weed after an extended period of time, are night sweats not a common symptom of withdrawal from weed?

Sure.

I didn't answer your last question because it was whataboutery. No point in doing so.
No it wasn’t. It was someone (me) probing for the limits of your use of a concept. In this case, the concept was “withdrawal”. It was a main concept in the point you were making; understanding the limits of its use/sense is a basic way of coming to an understanding.

No it wasn’t. It was someone (me) probing for the limits of your use of a concept. In this case, the concept was “withdrawal”. It was a main concept in the point you were making; understanding the limits of its use/sense is a basic way of coming to an understanding.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to argue. Night sweats is a common withdrawal symptom from many, many things.

I get that there are other drugs that have worse withdrawals than weed. I get that you probably haven't had withdrawals from weed to the degree that others, like myself have. For me, getting off of weed after two years smoking was way harder both physically and psychologically than my experience with opioids.

I mean, you and Wes and roll your eyes at me for suggesting that Cy's night sweats could be from stopping weed or calling it withdrawal. Just because you haven't experienced it or you have a different opinion on it, doesn't make it factual.

Science >>> your opinion.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to argue. Night sweats is a common withdrawal symptom from many, many things.

I get that there are other drugs that have worse withdrawals than weed. I get that you probably haven't had withdrawals from weed to the degree that others, like myself have. For me, getting off of weed after two years smoking was way harder both physically and psychologically than my experience with opioids.

I mean, you and Wes and roll your eyes at me for suggesting that Cy's night sweats could be from stopping weed or calling it withdrawal. Just because you haven't experienced it or you have a different opinion on it, doesn't make it factual.

Science >>> your opinion.
No answer to my question. That’s honestly ok. Can you link me to this science?

No answer to my question. That’s honestly ok. Can you link me to this science?
https://www.apa.org/monitor/jun01/marijuana

Here for starters. Again, I'm sure you're going to roll your eyes at this like you have when I said weed causes withdrawals. I certainly don't suggest this is universal, and dependency and withdrawal symptoms will very greatly from user to user.

It would be dumb to say all people have problems coming off of weed just like it would be dumb to suggest no one has problems or withdrawals stopping weed.

I'm not calling weed bad. I'm pro weed medicinally and recreationally. I'm just not one of those people that act like there's nothing wrong with weed.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/jun01/marijuana

Here for starters. Again, I'm sure you're going to roll your eyes at this like you have when I said weed causes withdrawals. I certainly don't suggest this is universal, and dependency and withdrawal symptoms will very greatly from user to user.

It would be dumb to say all people have problems coming off of weed just like it would be dumb to suggest no one has problems or withdrawals stopping weed.

I'm not calling weed bad. I'm pro weed medicinally and recreationally. I'm just not one of those people that act like there's nothing wrong with weed.
You’re being really defensive. Thanks for the link. I’ll read up.

It's suppose to help with muscle endurance. I'm not doing the super creatine regimen that the body builders do to swell their muscles. I've read enough studies on it to trust that it's beneficial. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2048496/

And I'm just trying stuff. I started lifting again 3 months ago. I started taking protein powder 1.5 months ago. I like adding stuff slowly so I can see the actual affects to see if they help me achieve goals/actually work.

i use creatine for couple of months every couple of years or so, never had any symptoms. It works very clearly. Tried using magnesium for muscle recovery for the working out ?

Used to get a lot of night sweats in my 20s, nearest i could figure was maybe asthma or anxiety

Oy.

How many calories do you consume a day? Is 2,750 feasible?

Of course Ive seen that. Ive see family members destroy themselves with the supposed casual drinking. As you get older only a few drinks has a much stronger impact on you than it does when you are younger. Ive seen young people who were really light weights when it came to drinking and only a few drinks would really mess them up. So you are wrong. Ive seen it. If its ok and good for you then why are kids cautioned from drinking it? Why not just give a 5 year old a beer if nothing is wrong with it? Hell, its actually good for you right?

What do you get from always being a dickhead?

Light drinking, not casual drinking, dufus.

Yeah, I think changing the time I work out to later in the night might have something to do with it. My body naturally runs hot and I work out pretty intensely, especially on nights when I play basketball. Wednesday night though I was unreasonably sweaty at the gym (my gym shorts literally felt like I soaked them in a tub of water), so I'm convinced it also has something to do with the new supplements I was taking.

I also maybe drinking too much water lately? I easily exceed a gallon a day at 195 lbs (mostly because I'm trying to eat less, so I'm drinking more to try and deter hunger). I'm not sure if that's too excessive to the point where my body is actively trying to get rid of it.

Today will mark my 2nd day without exercise and we will see how tonight goes.

This sounds like a bad approach. Eating less and doing creatine and drinking that much water? Have balance bro.

This sounds like a bad approach. Eating less and doing creatine and drinking that much water? Have balance bro.
Also if you want to work out a lot and drink a lot of water you need to up your sodium consumption. Electrolytes are gud. Dont listen to diabeetus tublards who act like sodium is the devil. If you're active and consuming decent levels of water it's essential to keep up electrolytes. Just salt every daily meal you can and youd prob be good. Use regular old Morton idiozided salt. Helps keep up iodine levels too. I bet if you do this you'll notice better energy and strength in the gym too, and if you don't it could be lupus.

Last edited by a moderator: