What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Only if they can package him with Bobby Portis, lol.

Why are they shopping him? Relatively cheap. Team option next year. He's performing way above his pay grade.

If they can find a way to dump Lopez then they're in great shape cap wise - even if LaVine gets a huge RFA offer.
Because they want to lose and he is making them win games.

Until he accepts a trade to a contender, it's pretty moot. Also, if he likes that 12.5 million, going to a contender is probably a bad idea.

Then again, maybe he's positive that he's worth more than that (at which point, he won't make more because it's a team option and it will be exercised).

But again, what contender has that salary to trade that isn't trying to dump dead weight in the deal (and thus, raising what they have to send out?).

Yesterday Mirotic had 18 and 10 in only 19 minutes and didnt play the final 6 minutes of the 4th or OT.

That has to be a FO call.

Until he accepts a trade to a contender, it's pretty moot. Also, if he likes that 12.5 million, going to a contender is probably a bad idea.

Then again, maybe he's positive that he's worth more than that (at which point, he won't make more because it's a team option and it will be exercised).

But again, what contender has that salary to trade that isn't trying to dump dead weight in the deal (and thus, raising what they have to send out?).
The Bulls can take bad dead weight (and honestly should be trying to take back dead weight as much as possible for additional assets). They have 43 million in guaranteed contracts next year w/ only LaVine to sign (IDK what his cap hold is, but I'm assuming he gets between 20-25 million).

I could see Cleveland sending their 1st rounder for him and they have the contracts to make it work. Detroit would likely do something but Chicago would have to take back a bad contract (Leuer of Boban). Milwaukee could be interested and would likely do Teletovic and DJ Wilson or Maker... maybe Brogdon? I could see the Pacers having interest and they have contracts and draft picks to make it work. Toronto maybe, but the contract stuff might get tough and he may veto it as he wouldn't be a starter and they would likely decline his option with the cash crunch they have coming. Minny might do the OKC pick and Bjelica/Aldrich...

I think those are the situations that stick out most to me.

The Bulls can take bad dead weight (and honestly should be trying to take back dead weight as much as possible for additional assets). They have 43 million in guaranteed contracts next year w/ only LaVine to sign (IDK what his cap hold is, but I'm assuming he gets between 20-25 million).

I would agree with this too, but most of the articles I have seen they are trying to get off of RoLo's contract. Which I guess if you can do it great, but i wouldn't attach assets to do it if I was them.

1. I think it will take Hood
2. I doubt they are trying to offload anyone. They are barely at the salary floor as is.
3. He said he would accept any trade to a contender
4. No team wants Favors that much to give the Bulls anything to complete a 3 team trade. The center trade market is just too stacked.
It’s ok. I’ll go on past history here to predict future: in June DL got us Mitchell with Lyles, in January DL is getting us Mirotic with Burks. Or maybe even Rubio.

I would agree with this too, but most of the articles I have seen they are trying to get off of RoLo's contract. Which I guess if you can do it great, but i wouldn't attach assets to do it if I was them.
They can probably find some team with a bad, aging, or overpaid center and flip RoLo for him while getting something back. Like the Wizards w/ Mahini. How much are the Wizards willing to give up to get off that last year of 16 million owed to him?

Wait, the Wizards signed Ian Mahinmi to a contract the pays him $16 million in a season?

And we wonder why players want these absurd contracts.

1. I think it will take Hood
2. I doubt they are trying to offload anyone. They are barely at the salary floor as is.
3. He said he would accept any trade to a contender
4. No team wants Favors that much to give the Bulls anything to complete a 3 team trade. The center trade market is just too stacked.

1- I wouldn't do Hood and Favs... I don't think at least.
2- I agree, but every article that mentions Niko mentions RoLo too... Outside of salary I'm not sure why you would move him. Seems like a great vet on a young team.
3- I didn't see that... not doubting you at all... just haven't seen him say that.
4- I don't think teams want Favs that bad, but they might enough to swap expirings and a good second. If we could give the Bulls expiring contracts and a couple seconds that might be the best offer the have.

He's an interesting target... for us I would think we 100% exercise the team option on him... for other teams they might not want to... Toronto, Washington, Cleveland, are all entering tax hell.

His value has a wide range and is kind of unique. I can see where you think it would take Hood to get him, but I can also see him going for something much lower than Bulls fans might expect.

They can probably find some team with a bad, aging, or overpaid center and flip RoLo for him while getting something back. Like the Wizards w/ Mahini. How much are the Wizards willing to give up to get off that last year of 16 million owed to him?

Probably a 1st round pick if they also took Jason Smith and got the Wiz out of Luxury tax this year. They need to avoid the repeater tax.

I see your point here too.

It’s ok. I’ll go on past history here to predict future: in June DL got us Mitchell with Lyles, in January DL is getting us Mirotic with Burks. Or maybe even Rubio.
Bulls got Dunn, so Rubio is of no value.

Burks is playing better, but I still dont think the NBA sees his current contract as positive value.

Favors has negative value to the Bulls because he would help them win now, and if they wanted him for next year they dont need his bird rights because they are no where close to the cap.

Hood and draft picks are the only available assets the Jazz have to give that the Bulls might be interested in.

Probably a 1st round pick if they also took Jason Smith and got the Wiz out of Luxury tax this year. They need to avoid the repeater tax.

I see your point here too.

I would think that if this deal was available it would have been consummated though... would have aided the tank, but teams tend to wait until closer to the deadline.

Mirotic would be a good fit here, but I wouldn't trade Hood away to get him. If we trade Hood, it needs to be for something a bit more ambitious.

1- I wouldn't do Hood and Favs... I don't think at least.
2- I agree, but every article that mentions Niko mentions RoLo too... Outside of salary I'm not sure why you would move him. Seems like a great vet on a young team.
3- I didn't see that... not doubting you at all... just haven't seen him say that.
4- I don't think teams want Favs that bad, but they might enough to swap expirings and a good second. If we could give the Bulls expiring contracts and a couple seconds that might be the best offer the have.

He's an interesting target... for us I would think we 100% exercise the team option on him... for other teams they might not want to... Toronto, Washington, Cleveland, are all entering tax hell.

His value has a wide range and is kind of unique. I can see where you think it would take Hood to get him, but I can also see him going for something much lower than Bulls fans might expect.

I guess I'm just higher on Mirotic than you. He is a pretty great fit on this team long-term and is only a year and a half older than Hood. I really like Hood too, but to me he is just a 6th man. I think those can be really valuable, but I don't see it as being as valuable as a starting scoring/stretch 4.

If you think Hood/Favors is an overpay, maybe the Jazz could throw in Burks too. The Bulls would have to add in Pondexter, who is an expiring contract. That frees up Jazz money next year to potentially go after Jabari (or some other FA).

Mirotic would be a good fit here, but I wouldn't trade Hood away to get him. If we trade Hood, it needs to be for something a bit more ambitious.

Hood's trade value is tough too... I can talk myself into a bunch of teams I think would give us a first for him and then sometimes I think he will get overpaid and is not worth that at all.

What if it was Burks/Hood/Joe Johnson for Mirotic/Holiday... they buy out JJ. We get off of AB and his somewhat negative contract and get a value on Holiday.

I'm not putting our first round pick in basically any deal unless it is a no brainer... this one isn't in the no-brainer catergory for me.

Niko has been hot, but I'm not sure he is as good as this run... if the Bulls keep him they very well may decline his team option and he'd be a FA this offseason.

This is a tough one... could see him being a good pickup and potentially part of our core going forward or us regretting a deal acquiring a guy that was just on an abnormal hot streak.

I guess I'm just higher on Mirotic than you. He is a pretty great fit on this team long-term and is only a year and a half older than Hood. I really like Hood too, but to me he is just a 6th man. I think those can be really valuable, but I don't see it as being as valuable as a starting scoring/stretch 4.

If you think Hood/Favors is an overpay, maybe the Jazz could throw in Burks too. The Bulls would have to add in Pondexter, who is an expiring contract. That frees up Jazz money next year to potentially go after Jabari (or some other FA).

I like Mirotic a lot... wanted us to get him this offseason. You've been higher than many on Hood, so you must really be on board with Niko. I think Hood Favs is an overpay, but not crazy... People have to remember Hood is getting paid unless he tears his achilles or something. On his next deal he may be a millstone.

In a reply to LoPo I looked at expanding the deal... I would target Holiday if we give up Hood... It may need to be a three team deal to get parts that fit better for everyone.

I like Mirotic a lot... wanted us to get him this offseason. You've been higher than many on Hood, so you must really be on board with Niko. I think Hood Favs is an overpay, but not crazy... People have to remember Hood is getting paid unless he tears his achilles or something. On his next deal he may be a millstone.

In a reply to LoPo I looked at expanding the deal... I would target Holiday if we give up Hood... It may need to be a three team deal to get parts that fit better for everyone.
Dude have you watched Holiday play?

I'd rather have the free roster spot next year w/ Pondexter.

Mirotic would be a mistake. We need to keep the long-term in mind and he's a pissy dude. Donovan is too good to **** around with a guy who could become a cancer. We can afford to be a little patient.