What's new

Non jazz 2019 playoff discussion.

If OKC gets swept or out in 5, what do they do? If OKC can't be a home seed or win a playoff series in two seasons with healthy Russ, PG and Adams, when do you pull the plug?

How bizarre would it be if OKC traded Russ and PG to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Bonga, Wagner and like 5 unprotected 1st round picks?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Very good question.

Billy D will for sure be fired.

As far as blowing up their team? The pressure to make some trades will be high. But I just don’t see it. I don’t think you get fair trade value back. OKC needs more shooters on the perimeter and an (any) offensive scheme.

Right now it’s just paul George and Russ chucking.

Yep. Hood sucks. Couldn’t even crack Cleveland’s rotation.

Harkness and Aminu are good. That 1-4 lineup of Dame, CJ, Aminu, and Harkness is pretty sick. It’s your ideal 1-4 lineup in today’s NBA that depends on speed, shooting, and spacing. All they lack is a long and quick defensive center (like Rudy) and they’d have a perfect starting 5.

I do think in some ways the Jazz match up better against Portland than OKC. Gobert and Favors could help defend the rim much better than Adams and they’d be a much better lob threat too. Matchups are everything.
I have this weird feeling that you didn't get the joke...

Fans always give dennis credit for hitting home runs on Gobert and Mitchell. But what about the whiffs? What a major whiff. CJ and Dame are outplaying Russell and Paul.
I would give him credit with a home run or close to it for Ingles too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep. Hood sucks. Couldn’t even crack Cleveland’s rotation.

Harkness and Aminu are good. That 1-4 lineup of Dame, CJ, Aminu, and Harkness is pretty sick. It’s your ideal 1-4 lineup in today’s NBA that depends on speed, shooting, and spacing. All they lack is a long and quick defensive center (like Rudy) and they’d have a perfect starting 5.

I do think in some ways the Jazz match up better against Portland than OKC. Gobert and Favors could help defend the rim much better than Adams and they’d be a much better lob threat too. Matchups are everything.
*harkless

Fans always give dennis credit for hitting home runs on Gobert and Mitchell. But what about the whiffs? What a major whiff. CJ and Dame are outplaying Russell and Paul.

CJ was coming off a broken foot. I was very against drafting him. Jazz never had a shot at Dame if I remember. Wasn't that the year GS tanked and we lost out on the seventh pick or was that the year that people were submitting unrealistic trade ups to get him. The real whiff is drafting for need and picking Trey Burke over Greek Freak (GA). The problem with that miss he listened to Corbin and 85 percent of members on this board (just kiddin). Every GM misses in the draft. How many people passed on Curry? I agree the Jazz need more talented, athletic players who can score or break down guys when the offense gets bogged down.

CJ was coming off a broken foot. I was very against drafting him. Jazz never had a shot at Dame if I remember. Wasn't that the year GS tanked and we lost out on the seventh pick or was that the year that people were submitting unrealistic trade ups to get him. The real whiff is drafting for need and picking Trey Burke over Greek Freak (GA). The problem with that miss he listened to Corbin and 85 percent of members on this board (just kiddin). Every GM misses in the draft. How many people passed on Curry? I agree the Jazz need more talented, athletic players who can score or break down guys when the offense gets bogged down.
If we hadn't made the playoffs that year with Corbin -- remember how he refused to tank to save his job? -- we would've had a shot at Lillard if we traded up to get the position on the draft board.

But Curry has a better supporting cast.
When he was at his best they didn't have Durant or boogie and they won 73 regular season games and curry was mvp
In other words he was actually better with a worse supporting cast.

Last edited:
Curry shoots 12 threes per game and makes 44% of them.
That's insane
He has played 10 seasons and never shot worse than 41% from 3. Also insane.

James harden has never shot 40% from three btw.

Damian Lillard has also never shot 40% from three.

When he was at his best they didn't have Durant or boogie and they won 73 regular season games and curry was mvp
In other words he was actually better with a worse supporting cast.

Good point, but I think Lillard is overall better on offense as he's better at scoring at the rim. Of course, Curry is the better shooter, GOAT in that department, but Lillard is no slouch and may be better against defensive pressure.