What's new

Non jazz 2019 playoff discussion.

To be fair, sometimes feelings are all you need. I always had the impression that Ben Simmons felt like he was a superstar and that he didn't need to work on improving his game at all. I had no evidence of it, it was just an impression. After he got to the NBA we began to see the evidence of it come out.

I don't get the same impression about Zion. But if someone else does I can't really knock it. Sometimes your gut is right.
That's a fair point. I've too have had feelings about players based off of how I felt. I thought Kyrie Irving was going to be a bust because I never got to see him play at Duke cause he was always hurt.

Zion Williamson is as can't miss as it gets. He's like Ben Wallace and Shawn Kemp and Larry Johnson melded into one player.

Last edited:
Lmao thunder getting steam rolled.

Okc gameplay is absurdly awful. Anybody with half a brain would put kanter into a pnr until hes taken out.

Enes played great defense the last few possessions. Had a great seal on George and a block on Westbrook. Feels weird to say that.

He is also doing his usual on on offense, gets offensive rebounds, pulls defenders to the rim on rolls.

Overweight? According to who?

He's a rare player that we've never seen the likes of. He's certainly not the norm, but saying he's overweight implies that it's a problem, when his size is a strength. He's still as fast and explosive as the best his age, he's more athletic than 99% of kids who weigh less than him, he uses his size to his advantage to dominate. His weight, at this point, is not a problem like Eddie Curry, Big Baby, the Rainman, Derrick Coleman, Diaw, Sean May, Oliver Miller. His weight is what makes him special.

“At that weight or approximately that weight, he moves as fast as anybody, jumps higher than anybody and he’s alert. We’re not talking about someone who has excess body fat. This is a kid that’s in pretty darn good shape and just has a man’s mass. It’s more mass and strength than any type of excess weight. I’m not concerned about that. He’s done really well.” Coach K.

In the past I've said I could see him being the Bo Jackson of the NBA, but I'm not acting like he's destined for injury. You think his leg is gonna snap? Ouch...

I just feel like you have issues with the kid based off of how he looks or what you judge about him based off your thoughts. So what if he's a dunker. He's a damn good one and he's so much more than that. I'd say enjoy him cause he could be the next once in a generation player we see in the NBA.

My opinion has nothing to do with the way he "looks." Yes, he's nearly 300 lbs. Maybe that's what you were referring to?

All I've been saying is he looks entitled. When I watched him in a handful of games, he just seemed disinterested when he didn't have the ball in is his hands. Maybe he's bought into the hype? Who knows. It is just college ball after all.

So many people want to call him a once in a generation player. But, I don't think he will be. I'm sure there are others that don't think he will be either.

I'm not so much a hater as a "I don't think he's going to live up to being the lord and savior Jesus christ of the NBA."

To be fair, sometimes feelings are all you need. I always had the impression that Ben Simmons felt like he was a superstar and that he didn't need to work on improving his game at all. I had no evidence of it, it was just an impression. After he got to the NBA we began to see the evidence of it come out.

I don't get the same impression about Zion. But if someone else does I can't really knock it. Sometimes your gut is right.

This 100%.

I could very well be wrong! I can't predict the ****ing future.

Any chance the refs actually call fouls on Houston’s stars tonight like they are on George and Westbrook right now?