What's new

Game Thread Nov 07, 2022 08:15PM MT: Jazz vs Lakers

Added to Calendar: 11-07-22

Cavaliers were up 111-98 with 5 mins to go and proceed to score 6 points the rest of the game and lose 119-117.

When you have 3 Lakers making a total of approximately 130,000,000 this year, it’s hard to pay **** for good shooters to come

@infection did you watch the game?
A lot of it, yes.

So… I cancelled DirecTV stream after the playoffs because I only used it for the Jazz. My wife this evening mentioned seeing it on the bank account. Appears they’ve been taking money out and, sure enough, I’ve had the service the whole time. There’s certain trauma I’ve got and so there are some bittersweet feelings while watching the game. I think the next step in streaming services is advanced stats, like the viewers’ +/- when they watch, because I’d be curious if mine is really as negative as it feels like.

After the blowup I was going to take this year as a sabbatical since I’ve watched nearly every game for… I don’t even know how long. Life’s busy. I’ve followed all the games live on the scoreboard, though, for the most part.

A lot of it, yes.

So… I cancelled DirecTV stream after the playoffs because I only used it for the Jazz. My wife this evening mentioned seeing it on the bank account. Appears they’ve been taking money out and, sure enough, I’ve had the service the whole time. There’s certain trauma I’ve got and so there are some bittersweet feelings while watching the game. I think the next step in streaming services is advanced stats, like the viewers’ +/- when they watch, because I’d be curious if mine is really as negative as it feels like.

After the blowup I was going to take this year as a sabbatical since I’ve watched nearly every game for… I don’t even know how long. Life’s busy. I’ve followed all the games live on the scoreboard, though, for the most part.
My experience with cancelling DirecTV services is to call and cancel, and then a week later, call and cancel again because the first request has like a 50/50 chance of being ignored.

Cavaliers were up 111-98 with 5 mins to go and proceed to score 6 points the rest of the game and lose 119-117.
Garland froze out Don the last 4 minutes of the game when he was calling for the ball.

No doubt the Cavs are having a nice season but I do wonder how Garland and Don are going to mesh 2-3 years down the road.

Garland froze out Don the last 4 minutes of the game when he was calling for the ball.

No doubt the Cavs are having a nice season but I do wonder how Garland and Don are going to mesh 2-3 years down the road.
On my opinion this is where the problem will be. One of those two has to think team and accept to let the other shine and get focus on the rest ( passing, defense) . We all know here that Don is unable to do so. He is a bit of a diva. I don't know much Garland, he seems to be a smart player and a better playmaker than Don but if he got the same ego.... it won't work.