What's new

Game Thread Nov 22, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-22-21

Well yeah, you obviously dont know much about basketball.
look-at-this-guy-colin-jost.gif

Well yeah, you obviously dont know much about basketball.
I find it hard to believe you ever played organized ball before, you know, with a real coaching staff of any kind. Saying that professional players cannot develop a skill or learn to work harder at part of the game is patently ridiculous and we see this happen literally all the time.

I find it hard to believe you ever played organized ball before, you know, with a real coaching staff of any kind. Saying that professional players cannot develop a skill or learn to work harder at part of the game is patently ridiculous and we see this happen literally all the time.
Show me the NBA vets who greatly improve their rebounding ability at age 30. And not just due to team change or significant lineup changes (like a 3 becoming a 4 in a 3-guard lineup).

I don't think Royce is overrated by Jazz fans, he is overrated by the Jazz media and the Jazz org in general, and frankly by the NBA media in general. I remember one national game this year one of the NBA announcers talked about Royce as a defensive stopper, and right after that Royce's guy just blew right by him and went up over him because Royce was giving up 4 inches on the guy, and he got the layup. That was pretty poignant.

This. Jazz media is absolutely in love with Royce. It's honestly a little strange.

This. Jazz media is absolutely in love with Royce. It's honestly a little strange.
"Buckets" O'Neale. Do you think Royce asked to be called that?

Yep MEM just wanted it more and the Jazz made more mistakes throughout the game (which kept MEM close) as well as down the stretch (which cost the Jazz the game).

MEM won the hustle stats, points off turnovers and 2nd chance points (offensive rebounds). MEM would have been motivated to win based on last years playoffs but combine that with getting absolutely drilled in MIN and the coach calling them out you knew last night you were gonna get a very motivated MEM team.

IMHO rebounding and easy breaks into the paint have a lot to do with our D schemes and how we uses our centers.
A lot of time Rudy/Hassan are down there floating around the basket just following things avoiding the 3 seconds call with no specific reference... guys playing a 4 on 5 perimeter...

Donovan might have peeked last year.
I don't think he is worse offensively, regular season at least. He has been stepping up offensively the last 2 seasons in the playoffs. But it seems to me that he is losing more defensively and what improvements he makes on offense can't make up for that.

Last edited:
I don't think he is worse offensively, regular season at least. He has been stepping up offensively the last 2 seasons. But it seems to me that he is losing more defensively and what improvements he makes on offense can't make up for that.
Maybe we should give credit to Memphis? Anderson and Bane are good defenders. And unlike us, they have a 3/4 who has range in his defensive capabilities (Jackson)

I don't think he is worse offensively, regular season at least. He has been stepping up offensively the last 2 seasons. But it seems to me that he is losing more defensively and what improvements he makes on offense can't make up for that.
He’s been better on defense this year by a lot. Not every night but on the whole he’s been better.

The NBA came out with its last two minute report. Two missed calls benefitting Memphis. That did not include the refs' brain fart before the jump ball.

He’s been better on defense this year by a lot. Not every night but on the whole he’s been better.
I don't really think so but I would like to hear why. It seems to me he is putting more effort in isos but he has terrible understanding of distance and his exaggerated movements around screens causes him to be late in almost every action.

Maybe we should give credit to Memphis? Anderson and Bane are good defenders. And unlike us, they have a 3/4 who has range in his defensive capabilities (Jackson)
Memphis isn't really good defensively. They have been struggling on that end for a while this season. They have the worst defensive rating so far this season.

Bad offensive games happen though. It's just part of basketball and it's just small sample size for Mitchell right now.

If Butler sucks what have Clankston and Forrest been?

I was being sarcastic. There has been much talk about Butler not getting a chance to show what he can do. He's the only high-level champion on our roster if I'm not mistaken. You don't lead your team to a championship then get benched for Trent ****ing Forrest.

grizz doesnt have a lot of top caliber talent but they hussle and work really hard like its their last game or else be traded tomorrow.

maybe we should apply the same thing here. work hard, hussle or we send you to Zimbabwe team

Morant is a ****ing super star. Love watching that kid play

Jaren Jackson and Ja aren't elite talents?

Bane, Brooks, and Anderson aren't solid talents?

Even Adams is probably an upgrade over Jonas.
sure Ja is elite but fyi before this game they lost to timberwolves by 43 points and had a 90 minute locker room meeting.so obviously jazz is redemption game for them and probably their best one. despite all the issues we almost won this game. if we did they might even fire their coach lol. theres a reason why we are 3rd and they are 9th in the west. its just 1 game we are going to be fine.