What's new

Number of Wins

Games that we score more points than our opponent

• Total voters
sorry I didn't mean superstar I meant all star when talking about 50 plus wins..
Jaz have ZERO all stars, Thjats not an opinion but that is a FACT jack
Zero Jazz in All star game again this year.
Sure some will use that it is a popularity contest but that's only for starters and the bench is voted by coaches and ZERO jazz all stars. Let that sink in for a minute bud before ya step up to the plate with a heavyweight like me

I accept your apology.

But you absolutely won the argument that the Jazz have no allstars. We were debating that point vigorously, but doggone it, you ARE a heavyweight and you had it researched correctly. Brilliant!

history smistory.

What's he good for now?

Well, so I read up on Joe Johnson. I like this guy. A good three-point shooter and lots of other talent. At 36 he might be getting flat-footed on the court, but I've been an old guy too. I used to beat my nephew on the driveway court when he was a high school player. Now, I'm actually flat-footed, from running cross country in gym shoes before gym shoes had arch support. But I beat my nephew by shooting threes from one step in from the half court line. I'd let him do his lay-up, then answer with a three.

I think three points is a shot a lot of players could make 40% of the time (as good as a two pointer 60% if the time), if only they would practice it seriously.

Teague isnot a superstar but he is an all star. Heck the Jazz don't even have one All Star on its roster but some are claiming 58 wins. That's homerism at its finest plain and simple
So you admit you were full of **** when you claimed you had to have a superstar to win 50 games?

TeagueMillsap and Horford are all all stars however and None of them Jazz players are. That is a fact so let that soak into your tiny brain for a minute
They don't play in a big city or the Leastern conference. All star games don't mean **** when comparing the abilities of 2 players. Find a real argument because that one is pathetic. Millsap didn't ever get considered for an all star game until he left for the Leastern conference. Favors and Hayward are both All star in that conference and Gobert may have been as well.

TeagueMillsap and Horford are all all stars however and None of them Jazz players are. That is a fact so let that soak into your tiny brain for a minute
All star is like a popularity vote in at an idiot convention. It doesn't mean Jack **** when comparing players from opposite conferences.

sorry I didn't mean superstar I meant all star when talking about 50 plus wins..
Jaz have ZERO all stars, Thjats not an opinion but that is a FACT jack
Zero Jazz in All star game again this year.
Sure some will use that it is a popularity contest but that's only for starters and the bench is voted by coaches and ZERO jazz all stars. Let that sink in for a minute bud before ya step up to the plate with a heavyweight like me

Kobe Bryant was an all star last year no ?? Possibly one of the worst offensive players in the league. You probably still think Lavine is destined for greatness.

It's going to be so great when the Jazz are winning this year and all your pathetic trolling comes to an abrupt halt.

Kobe Bryant was an all star last year no ?? Possibly one of the worst offensive players in the league. You probably still think Lavine is destined for greatness.

It's going to be so great when the Jazz are winning this year and all your pathetic trolling comes to an abrupt halt.

What realistic prospects do we have for an All Star in our ranks this year? Who is going to be lighting up the stats to that extent? Who is going to give us the boost to get to 54 wins?

I think Jazz management historically works on a theory of discipline over spectacular personal exploits, teamwork and play execution that can win. But even that takes real talent, or really real discipline.

Who has more wins this season? Boston or the Jazz?

That's a good question. Everything broke right for Boston last year and they won 48 games - Vegas had them at 42.5 so it's fair to say they over-achieved.

Horford is a help (although over-rated IMO) but the fact remains this team's fortunes depend on a 5'9" 175 pound PG. And they still don't have anyone who can stop people at the rim.

If Favors and Gobert each play at least 70 games I think it will be close. My guess Utah wins 50 and Boston stands pat at 48.

That's a good question. Everything broke right for Boston last year and they won 48 games - Vegas had them at 42.5 so it's fair to say they over-achieved.

Horford is a help (although over-rated IMO) but the fact remains this team's fortunes depend on a 5'9" 175 pound PG. And they still don't have anyone who can stop people at the rim.

If Favors and Gobert each play at least 70 games I think it will be close. My guess Utah wins 50 and Boston stands pat at 48.

I'd guess Boston simply because they're in the East, Horford is a huge upgrade over any other bigs they had previously, and their coaching and upward trend are undeniable. I'd guess they win 53 games while we win 51.

What realistic prospects do we have for an All Star in our ranks this year? Who is going to be lighting up the stats to that extent? Who is going to give us the boost to get to 54 wins?

I think Jazz management historically works on a theory of discipline over spectacular personal exploits, teamwork and play execution that can win. But even that takes real talent, or really real discipline.

i think our players absolutely have the discipline, they play hard every game. I don't really give a fat rats clacker about the allstar game but it's obviously either Gordon or Derek, i think Derek has an enormous amount of talent. With the spread of talent across the team i don't think one individual will light it up stats wise. I think the only real chance the Jazz have to both have a real bona fide all star and thus possibly compete for a title is if Exum truly reaches somewhere near his ceiling in 3-4 years time. Otherwise we'll be a really really good team that does something like Memphis has for the last handful of years. And i'm ok with that.

All star is like a popularity vote in at an idiot convention. It doesn't mean Jack **** when comparing players from opposite conferences.
Being on an all NBA team means way more than being an all star does.

Teague = 0 all NBA teams in his career
Sap = 0 all NBA teams in his career
Horford = 1 All NBA 3rd team (2011) in his career

Kind of puts the "all three were all stars" thing in context, though I don't think many value being an all star that highly.

I guess the best value you can put on it as a reserve is that for the first half of the season the coaches thought you were one of the 12 or whatever best players in that conference. That being said, being best in the East in the past decade hasn't meant much.

I really enjoy log as a poster. I disagree with him about the Jazz's outlook this year but I am glad that he is back.Yeah, he's being pessimistic but he doesn't suck.

Just don't bring up which iteration of Van Halen is best. His last post before going into exile was a rant regarding this subject.

I am going with 55 wins.

Just don't bring up which iteration of Van Halen is best. His last post before going into exile was a rant regarding this subject.

I am going with 55 wins.

Anyone who says Hagar doesn't know their VH.