What's new

Number of Wins

Games that we score more points than our opponent

• Total voters
55 wins and 27 losses,basically winning 2 out of 3 games all season.

I don't think the Jazz have to "Learn how to win".They already closed out the season 2 years ago winning games with stifling defense.Jazz just need a healthy season and stay healthy.The Jazz are 12 guys deep and I think they are going to be the top defense in the league picking up where they left off 2 years ago with the same formula for wins, but 2 years smarter and stronger.

I also think that Exum,Burks and Lyles are going to make the minutes distribution very interesting.....Im not so worried about their "experience" ,as I think their talent is going to dictate the minutes.

vector-pattern-with-mathematical-formulas-equations-and-figures_192468845.jpg

=52

I used a highly scientific algorithm

My head says 46. My heart says 54.

So I voted 50

I voted 48. I think the optimism is a little over board right now for a lot of fans/media. However I think the team hits 48 while getting better and better as the season progresses.

I have a good feeling it will be 50-52. George Hill and Exum will be locking down back courts. Gobert and Favors will be locking down front courts. Hayward can hold his own guarding most SFs.
We can't keep this core together infinitely, and in 5 years will look back on this roster and reminisce about how stacked it was.

I need to find time to respond to this and (to your general sentiment on the team in other threads) email you back. For the latter, I apologize.

That said, 45, imo, is such a ridiculously low expectation based on everything when taken into consideration objectively. I will try to respond in detail later as to why.

I feel like I am the only one taking things into consideration objectively. Everyone else is like "we added Diaw....70 wins here we come!".

And generally my sentiment is in tired of being in the middle of the pack or lower every year and hope the front office starts taking some risks to TRULY put us in contention. We've already seen where organic growth gets us. I guess for Greg putting butts in the seats is what counts, at the lowest possible cost (standard business model). But for the fans I am ready to see some real change.

I'm just not as high on the new additions nor the supposed improvement from other players everyone else is.

Lyles will hit the sophomore slump as did Hood and most other players. Before his big injury Exum had real confidence issues. I doubt a year sitting out helps that or help improve his game much. Favors health will be an issue again I'm afraid. The stuff that took him out last year was the normal big man problems, not flukes, so we can reasonably expect him to drop another 10+ games. Same with Gobert. Burks reminds me a little bit of Kirilenko in the injury department. A plus and a minus, he has one speed: overdrive, which tends to lead to injury as he throws himself recklessly into every play.

I just think integrating 3 new guys, none of whom realistically are true game changers, coupled with the above mentioned likely outcomes does not equal 50 wins this season. Maybe next season when it all gels, but I think 45 with a high of 47 is far more realistic and objective. And it wouldn't surprise me to see us fall down more than most rose colored glasses Homer's think we could and end up missing the playoffs. [edit] and don't forget the Hayward paradox that is rapidly approaching.

I'd be more than happy to eat crow, no problem with that. But the vitriol aimed at me so far, by actual posters and trolls alike, is completely unwarranted.

That also, by the way, is why the loyalty to the board is generally limited to a fairly small subset of posters and one not so small reason why so many good posters leave and only sometimes come back.

I'm kinda surprised by the level of optimism. Jazzfanz is not a traditionally homerific base.

I said 48 and was quite confident that would be the average.

Looks to be closer to 52/53. (Glance)

Hope we're right.