What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Minny are 5-9 against bad teams. Who know maybe they play better against good teams. I read one interesting stat on Mynni forum, The only players who shoot well at the money time at Slomo and Rudy.... Ant shoot at 40% ( and 30% at 3).....Fans there think they shoud put Ant as a shooter more than a playmaker as he can't clearly do all. This is coaching thing. Actually thew are very limited in offense after Ant, as neither Rudy, Mike, MAc Daniels ar Slomo can go for 20 every night. Hopefully for them KAT fix this. But the duo KAT, Rudy was not working well before KAT got injured. They can definitly slide into lottery which will be good for us .
They are scared of losing Ant so they make bad decisions. If I was Minny, I would trade him for a Gobert like package this summer.

Lost to Spurs and and Hornets and Rockets twice? OMFG
No matter what happens, this fact alone helps the Jazz have a significantly better pick this year. Add 6 more games to their win column, and they’re pretty much exactly where everyone expected them to be. Looking at the numbers, I think that would’ve given them the #25 pick currently. Those six games are a 10 spot swing right now.

This is probably a stretch, but I’m wondering if part of the reason we’re ok with Quin going to the Hawks for no compensation is because that would keep him from going to Minnesota in the off-season? It seems like they’d probably chase him if available, which could hurt the value of our future picks

This is probably a stretch, but I’m wondering if part of the reason we’re ok with Quin going to the Hawks for no compensation is because that would keep him from going to Minnesota in the off-season? It seems like they’d probably chase him if available, which could hurt the value of our future picks
I think Utah is just happy Quin agreed to stay home.

Wish Portland would try harder. Got a bad feeling about the Thunder too.

Imagine we have two top 10 picks…
getting 2 top 10 picks would be nice, but its not at all realistic. It's barely reasonable to expect 1 without moving up from lottery luck or using all 3 firsts to go get somebody and I am not sold any team is trading down from the players worth giving up 3 first to move up for.
No the draft is overrated as a means to improve unless you win the entire ****ing thing and get the potd.
The main benenfit of the draft is players under team control for awhile on the cheap. Outside of that its just another nba player

Thunder got on if the better differentials in the NBA and Shai is playing for a 1st team NBA spot. I feel kind of good about them.
They are *** and are going to disappoint you if you think they are going to put together some sort of run. For all of the talent they are supposed to have, they are soft, like Minny.

They are *** and are going to disappoint you if you think they are going to put together some sort of run. For all of the talent they are supposed to have, they are soft, like Minny.
Difference is that OKC are all very young and will just get better (plus I think their top pick from last year has missed all this season). They just aren't ready yet. Minny is just really overrated.

getting 2 top 10 picks would be nice, but its not at all realistic. It's barely reasonable to expect 1 without moving up from lottery luck or using all 3 firsts to go get somebody and I am not sold any team is trading down from the players worth giving up 3 first to move up for.
No the draft is overrated as a means to improve unless you win the entire ****ing thing and get the potd.
The main benenfit of the draft is players under team control for awhile on the cheap. Outside of that its just another nba player
I shall disagree but still respect your opinion, Sir Eddie. Our Jazz acquired Karl Malone, John Stockton, Rudy Gobert, and Deron Williams through the draft. These are not negligible acquisitions. And although they were technically traded “after” they were drafted, Walker Kessler and Donovan Mitchell were acquired in an analogous manner. No sir, I do not denigrate the draft.

I shall disagree but still respect your opinion, Sir Eddie. Our Jazz acquired Karl Malone, John Stockton, Rudy Gobert, and Deron Williams through the draft. These are not negligible acquisitions. And although they were technically traded “after” they were drafted, Walker Kessler and Donovan Mitchell were acquired in an analogous manner. No sir, I do not denigrate the draft.
I applaud your list.

Five of those six glorious Jazzmen draftees are not top 10. Instead certain peasants such as Exum and Kanter are.

Three of those gentlement were selected in the 13-16 range and two were selected in the bottom 10 of the first round.

Love sleepers and success stories, but the draft positioning outside of options for fit, in itself, is overrated in general. So many highly picked prospects fail to develop into more than, the so many highly motivated ones taken later, that end up just as good or better than the one's taken early.
I think the best part of the draft is the lottery when you find out if your team moved back 1 spot or 3 lol

What?

The Jazz drafted Rudy and Don. They traded for the draft picks then made the choice to take those two players. They got Kessler in a trade. They did not choose to draft him. I don't see how Walker and Don were acquired in an analogous matter

Holy crap. The end of that Celtics/76ers game was crazy. Go watch the highlights. Damn.

Glad the Celtics pulled it off. Not sure we’re going to get much leverage on that pick though.