What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Here is a quote from Ant that makes me happy about our Minny pick this year.

View: https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1629336520132796416?s=20

Dude just doesnt get what using your gravity means. "I must take the shot" is his mindset.

It reminds me of Donovan’s comments at some point last year when he kept fumbling plays in the fourth quarter and taking horrible, contested shots and he stated “those are the shots I practice all summer,” implying that they just aren’t falling for some inexplicable reason.

Massive game for Minny today against GS. How the Wolves do on this road trip will be a large factor in where they finish.

What?

The Jazz drafted Rudy and Don. They traded for the draft picks then made the choice to take those two players. They got Kessler in a trade. They did not choose to draft him. I don't see how Walker and Don were acquired in an analogous matter
They are comparable in this respect: neither Don nor Walker had played a single NBA regular season game yet when we acquired them, so in that regard they were both untested rookies.

They are comparable in this respect: neither Don nor Walker had played a single NBA regular season game yet when we acquired them, so in that regard they were both untested rookies.
Yeah but there's a difference between trading up to get a specific player and just taking what assets you can get in a trade.

Maybe the FO loved Kessler, maybe they didn't. Hard to really know. We just took him cuz we could.

Yeah but there's a difference between trading up to get a specific player and just taking what assets you can get in a trade.

Maybe the FO loved Kessler, maybe they didn't. Hard to really know. We just took him cuz we could.
Same with Ochai… they can say whatever they want… but we have no idea which way they would have gone if they were on the clock.

I think if the Jazz would have known that Gobert was gone, it is extremely likely they take Kessler with the 22nd pick. I don't think Ochai at the end of the lottery is a stretch for them either.

Same with Ochai… they can say whatever they want… but we have no idea which way they would have gone if they were on the clock.
I hate when people pretend they wanted something. If it wouldn’t have been your choice, that’s fine. This is the league and everyone makes lots of mistakes. There’s no shame in it. What’s annoying is when people feel compelled to say things like “we were really high on Dort” or “we had always liked House,” when even a cursory historical understanding shatters that to pieces.

It’s always great when it’s said after the fact. When it’s said before the fact, it’s usually something about how a guy like Dok is the #2 guy in the draft.

Well this sucks. Tonight there is no Steph or Draymond for the warriors in the game against the t-wolves which obviously hurts the warriors.
Meanwhile Gobert is out for the t-wolves which helps them (Naz Reid is currently 4-5 from the field including 1-2 from three for 10 points and 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block and zero turnovers)

Warriors down 18-7 early.

Are the warriors tanking?

Naz Reid with 15 points in the first quarter so far. Still almost 4 minutes to go. I wish gobert was playing.

We should definitely look into signing Naz Reid this off-season. Multiple times this season he’s been the lone reason Minnesota has been in games.

Warriors storming back despite the 22 first half points from Reid

We should definitely look into signing Naz Reid this off-season. Multiple times this season he’s been the lone reason Minnesota has been in games.
I've been on this train for a while now. Grab Reid, draft wings and guards. Wait for the next opening. Don't blow the capspace on weenie players like Kuzma.

Nice.
If they lose to the warriors with no steph (and to a lesser extent, no draymond) then that bodes very well

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Minnesota up 9 to end the 3rd. This has been a painful game to watch. Two really bad teams.