What's new

Our broadcasting team

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Respect to the Jazz for having continuity in our broadcasting team.

I've always loved Boler, he might not be perfect but he's really damn good. Thurl has always been super solid and as we become a phenomenon in the league his measured input sets the perfect tone. KK has been great, she keeps it simple and tight. Booner is the MAN, you just gotta respect his insight and pedigree. Alema would be the man in almost any other market. And Harpring is a homer but he loves the Jazz and when he's on gives the kind of insight only a legit player could.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that Boler has the same bloody feed we do in front of him AND he also has the option of lifting his head and checking out the action in person. When I watch the Jazz with my wife, I sometimes point out all the ridiculous things he says. Like when Simmons popped a hook tonight and he called it a "swing shot." In what universe is swing shot a thing? Or how many times a game he can see the ref make a call(he's been calling basketball for decades, he has to be familiar with call signals) and he's just talking about something opposite. Offensive fouls when it's actually defensive, Jazz ball when the ref clearly indicated it's the other team's ball, "threes" when the guy is 2 feet inside the line and the ref is signaling for two, you name it. Never mind his voice, he just gives off the vibe of someone who's in his first week of calling basketball games.

Respect to the Jazz for having continuity in our broadcasting team.

I've always loved Boler, he might not be perfect but he's really damn good. Thurl has always been super solid and as we become a phenomenon in the league his measured input sets the perfect tone. KK has been great, she keeps it simple and tight. Booner is the MAN, you just gotta respect his insight and pedigree. Alema would be the man in almost any other market. And Harpring is a homer but he loves the Jazz and when he's on gives the kind of insight only a legit player could.
Yep. Love boler, thurl, kk, and Alema. I think harp suck and nissaulke is the worst. Haven't heard from him in a while thank goodness.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I watch a lot of games around the league and I definitely prefer the cheesy broadcasts. It’s a basketball game and supposed to be fun. It doesn’t really bother me when they get the names wrong or whatever. It does bother me when broadcasters call the game like disgruntled fans.

What I don't understand is that Boler has the same bloody feed we do in front of him AND he also has the option of lifting his head and checking out the action in person. When I watch the Jazz with my wife, I sometimes point out all the ridiculous things he says. Like when Simmons popped a hook tonight and he called it a "swing shot." In what universe is swing shot a thing? Or how many times a game he can see the ref make a call(he's been calling basketball for decades, he has to be familiar with call signals) and he's just talking about something opposite. Offensive fouls when it's actually defensive, Jazz ball when the ref clearly indicated it's the other team's ball, "threes" when the guy is 2 feet inside the line and the ref is signaling for two, you name it. Never mind his voice, he just gives off the vibe of someone who's in his first week of calling basketball games.
Spot on.

I've said before, it's because he doesn't really love the game. It's his job, nothing more, and they've proven they won't fire anyone for damn near anything so there is no incentive to get any better at any of this for him. He isn't a basketball fan, and it shows. Sure he gets excited at exciting plays, as does my wife, but he doesn't understand it a hell of a lot more than she does. I'm fact my wife has called him out on this stuff before "why did he say that foul was on Gobert, isn't he the tall guy? To me it looked like the shorter guy pushed him". Spot on babe.

Boler sucks.

I think boler has great energy and an amazing TV voice but he just makes up terms and gets stuff wrong allllll the time

At this point it’s sort of like I’ve internalized it and Jazz tv wouldn’t be the same without these funny lil mistakes every game. Quite... endearing at this point

Like em or not, our broadcasting team is one of the best in the league. I am sure it is personal preference but my least favorite are Alema and Boone. I like Thurl more working with Alema than doing the commentary on games.